• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to Stable?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I started a new tamer (sanity test pending)
here she is:

1679150276416.png

She's reached the stage where she's thinking about which pets to choose to build up her stable.
My question is: What 10 pets would you consider the best to tame, and why?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Depends my t hunter has them all but her unicorn best for her my gargoyle disco tamer likes beetles with rune corruption my sdi mage likes a disco cu allen will tell you chiv/ai cu or Triton for max damage but i say it depends on her personality

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Triton (FWW/AI/Chiv)
Cu (AI/Chiv or Discord)
Fire platinum drake (AI/Chiv)
Krampus frost drake (AI/Chiv)
Lesser hiryu (AI/Chiv)
Blue beetle (Rune Corr / AP)
Bane (PvP)
PP nightmare (PvP)
Ossein Ram (Life Leech, low mana pet)
Unicorn (poison immune)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good list above. I'd include a fire beetle a poison Drake, a Reptalon, and a naj.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i say it depends on her personality
Personality? - well her name is Marie Nayted and she's holding a bottle :p - proposed pet names include 'whiskey', 'Brandy' and 'Gin' :D

Thanks guys. So far she has a cold drake that my t hunter dug up, has 123.7 tactics and 110.5 wrestle before training and a giant beetle, which is about all she's able to tame yet unless she puts jewellery on (which is how she got the cold drake transfered to her).
Skills she's training are tame/vet/lore/mage/eval/spellweave.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes Personality. One of my guys has all the Cu colors except blaze, Another has all the Hiryu colors.

You could make a seafaring all Triton tamer. Many builds you can put on them.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Personality? - well her name is Marie Nayted and she's holding a bottle :p - proposed pet names include 'whiskey', 'Brandy' and 'Gin' :D

Thanks guys. So far she has a cold drake that my t hunter dug up, has 123.7 tactics and 110.5 wrestle before training and a giant beetle, which is about all she's able to tame yet unless she puts jewellery on (which is how she got the cold drake transfered to her).
Skills she's training are tame/vet/lore/mage/eval/spellweave.
It means she is able to tame and control trained 3 slot lowland Boura (ends up with 60-70 taming requirement)
or
3-slot carefully skilled High Plains Boura (will be around 90 taming /lore requirement )

This two are more powerful pets than one not trained cold drake . Combined with 2slot RC + nausea beetle (60-70 taming needed) it is nice and fun way to play.

mihali

Sage
Fire Beetle with RC and AP -- 100% fire, and rideable, and team helper, and looks awesome. Good for just about any encounter, esp fire susceptible. Keeps foes majorly constantly debuffed so your tamer can blast them with spells or archery, Very nice, starts at 1 slot, low taming requirement to start. Adventure to train, digs huge holes on Navry's ribs.

One Blue Beetle Poison/RC/AI to clear foes for treasure hunting and carry 10 tons of junk to trash points, or load up with a ton of junk from scalis and then trash it - always fun.

Fun one to think if the new tamer is a mage: @PlayerSkillFTW spec with Triton : Disco/CB/Healing alone, with tamer 120/120 magery/eval -- Death ray spec : I just made one of these last 2 weeks and both character and Triton did not take really forever, and really works amazingly nicely : Pet discoes foe then only does CB for massive energy debuff, then tamer launched death ray for spectacular damage. Very impressed with 500 and 650 damage ticks every 3 seconds.

If you do spawns, try the poison/FWW/Poison breath Triton also : Huge fun if you bring Ninjitsu to 120, it also could keep some Pkers at bay as they try to heal the lethal poison.

If you do Beakons/Pirates, any "jumping" (magery mastery / necromage) pet could be fun also, esp if you do the Seafaring arts.

1 - 2 Cus preferably pure white or pure black : Spec that you like most, due to the damage profile of the Cus that is Cold and energy.

1 Ossein Ram just for keeping a slot occupied and in the hopes they will be rideable one day, or make them more usable has awesome looks also. Same thing with the frost beetle.

1 Wolf spider to train magery on or other skills.

1 two-slot Najasaurus for super good stats and poison damage/resistance.

That leaves you with two empty stable slots, for when you accidentally bump on to the fabled paragon-colored tamable Cusidhe that will fetch you the 7 plats! Or the Cu with color / stats that will get you 10-100 Mils to feed hungry bank balance.

Have fun :)