• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] What to garden?

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm new to gardening and want to know what is good to harvest for good profit? Can you give me some examples? I was thinking of making enhanced bandages in Fountain of life but is gardening better? Thanks for your reply

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Right now there is a demand for orange petals and green thorns. I have a hard time keeping those in stock. I'd try both and see which you like. If you can try to get one of the new plant beds. They make gardening pretty easy, no plant maintance.

sos440

Adventurer
I regularly see people touring the ant cave for the naturalist quest. I guess they are major customers of green thorns.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I regularly see people touring the ant cave for the naturalist quest. I guess they are major customers of green thorns.
I used to do the Naturalist Quest all the time to get the "Rare" colored seeds to make natural dyes. I never had need of green thorns. Of course I was a friend of the hive if that mattered.

sos440

Adventurer
I used to do the Naturalist Quest all the time to get the "Rare" colored seeds to make natural dyes. I never had need of green thorns. Of course I was a friend of the hive if that mattered.
As far as I know, you need green thorns to get fire red seeds of old school varieties and white/black seeds of peculiar varieties.
Is there any way to get them without green thorns, or is it simply because you don't need them for the dyes?

Anyway I still see a couple of peoples who regularly visit the secret hive, including me :).
And I tour vendors for thorns, but I have no idea whether they are doing the same or farming thorns on their owns.

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Most of the people who buy the thorns use them to get the fire, black and white seeds. They are also needed to complete the extermination of the infestation quest in eodon.(the loyaty to humans). Some are using them to get the vines, On lake austin there is a shortage of the orginal vines. And a very, very small group for gathering regs.

Last edited:

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"As far as I know, you need green thorns to get fire red seeds of old school varieties and white/black seeds of peculiar varieties"

You are correct! It's been awhile since I made these runs. You do need a green thorn to access the special hive to get the seeds you mention above. You have to plant the thorn in sand to open the hole to the special nest.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
"As far as I know, you need green thorns to get fire red seeds of old school varieties and white/black seeds of peculiar varieties"

You are correct! It's been awhile since I made these runs. You do need a green thorn to access the special hive to get the seeds you mention above. You have to plant the thorn in sand to open the hole to the special nest.
Is there any videos showing where these are? I have never been able to find them

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Are you asking about the access hole to the special hive? It's located wherever you plant the green thorn in a sand tile. A few seconds after you place the thorn, a hole opens. You double click it and "jump" in, and you are there. Sorry, no video.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I understand the petals, but why the thorns?
Other use for the thorns ... free regs for scribes, alchemists, mages, etc. In Tram or Fel, plant a thorn in a patch of dirt (like on the paths in Yew) and random clusters of regs spawn. Pick them up and away you go! Cooldown for a few minutes, rinse and repeat.

In a planted field (like the cotton spawner in S Moonglow) I believe a Vorpal Bunny can spawn if you want to go for killing one of them. They're fast though.

Those are a couple uses for thorns I didn't see. BTW - I buy the thorns in 20-50 thorn packages on LA and have over 20K enhanced bandages I would use for trade if one wishes to go that way for thorns.