• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] what to do with the fishes?

• Thread starter peanutbutter
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

peanutbutter

so... i don't care about gaining fast. i'll get there eventually...

but i would like to know what to do with the fish. sell them? drop them? scale them?

also, what are these special fishes i'm finding? like wonderous or excellent (or whatever it is)?

thanks!

T

Trukx

Chop the regular fish into fishsteaks and join the rest of us in the ungodly long quest of getting the Maritime Glasses.

As for the special fish, I have them on the sell agent in UOAssist, so when I walk up to the Fisherman NPC, i just spam Vendor Sell and they all go bye-bye with a little bit of gold in their place.

If they really annoy you, just eat them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do note:

A known bug, that the devs are aware of, but don't fix because it's actually a minor thing that makes fishing more viable, is the following.

You chop up 1 fish, you get 4 fish steaks
You chop a stack of 2 fish, you get 4 steaks for the first fish, 8 for the second, for a total of 12.
You chop up a stack of 3 fish, you get 4 for the first, 8 for the other two.

You chop up a stack of "X" fish, you get 4 steaks for the first fish, 8 steaks each for the other (X-1) fish, for (4 + (8X-8)) = 8X-4 steaks.

So, get your stacks of fish as big as possible, THEN cut them for fish steaks, to give you more points at the library. (since 4 raw fish steaks or 1 fish = 1 point, you get double points for most of the fish by cutting them that way)

S

SippyCup

I was keeping track of the number of fish and the number of steaks per stack in a spreadsheet (stacks > 200 only) but got bored.

See attached results snapshot.

Attachments