• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] what to do with magery?

C

cac

Is it cool charcter to do necro and spell weaving and myst with a pure mage? i got magery 120,eval 115,med stuff i 112 resist i want to add necro and other magery skills.

actually i got 2 spots for a main spell and then its counter skill. SO i cna pick necro and SS
or spell weaviong and myst. seeing how them too coinside with eval I think

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
How about this. Use a basic necro/mage template, then switch weaving and mysticism on and off with a soulstone. In other words:

120 Mage
120 Med
120 Eval
120 SS
110 Necro
120 Weaving/Mysticism switched on/off with a soulstone

Of course, imbuing also gives mysticism a bonus, so if you really want to be a mystic, you could also do something like:

120 Mage
120 Med
120 Eval
120 Mysticism
120 Imbuing
115 Weaving

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got 112 resist also
You're asking for as much as a bushido warrior that would run with resist. A LOT. You need Eval for Magery and you need SS for Necro. Well...if you want to damage or paralyze and stop a mob.

You want resist and meditation, so there is 6 skills right there alone. The only thing to do is swap out a skill like I do with my weaver mage. I swap out weaving when I want to write spellbooks.

You would have to incorporate +skills items/equipment if you wanted to run 7 or even 8 skills. It would make the template pretty acute and not a lot of leeway for changing stuff around.

T

Thobius

Diomedes summed it up pretty well, you're asking for alot on a single template. I definitely can't fit mysticism on this template as well, but this is the best I managed...

Skill / Real / Total / Items Required

Magery / 100 / 120 / Tome of Lost Knowledge +15 & Jewelery +5
Eval / 100 / 120 / Talking To Wisps Ward Removal +5 & Jewels +15
Med / 110 / 120 / Spell Woven Britches +10
Necro / 85 / 105 / Midnight Bracers +20
Spirit Speak / 100 / 115 / Talking To Wisps Ward Removal +3 & Jewels +12
Resist / 110 / 120 / Aegis of Grace +10
Spellweaving / 115 / 115

Real skill points - 720
Total Skill points - 840 !!

It'll be expensive to put together and you'll need to find a decent ring & bracelet combo to provide the additional +5 magery, +15 eval and +12 necro but I think it's workable. I'm not sure whether the Aegis of Grace is medable or not, I've never tried. That might be a flaw in the plan...

Edit - Actually dropping aegis of the grace and replacing it with the Necro Mark of the Travesty would let you:
1) hike the resist up to 120
2) drop you're real necro skill points to 75 and spirit speak to 90
3) take spellweaving up to 120 and magery to a real of 105, meaning you don't require the additional +5 magery from jewels.
Perfect!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'd say soulstone resist rather than try to fit 7x 120, especially if you're only doing PvM.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm always afraid to not have resist spells on a mage, but many people run without it in pvm. I guess use enchanted apples, bless, or even stone form to counter some effects.