• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What time will event start?

G

Gah, I'm going to miss day one! I'm away on Saturday and won't be back until about 11ish.

Oh well, I'll be there on Sunday with Ruba... and I will have blackrock!

G

seems to be 21.00 gmt saturday... however we put our clocks foward one hour saturday night yes.. so on sunday and day2 ..does that make it 22.00 gmt?

G

Not sure. I always thought they went forward on Sunday night?

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

nope, at least, here in Holland/The Netherlands it always moves from Saturday to Sunday, we believe.
Also going to completely miss this event, away to our hometown for a birthday in the family. Our granny turns 88 today!

G

The clocks always change at 1:00 GMT (2:00 BST) on whichever Sunday it happens to fall on

So THP is right, it should be a 10pm start on the Sunday. I see no reason why this wouldn't be the case. Unless of course they bring it forward to be more accommodating to us Euro players... So I'll see you guys at 10!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm... some folks don't seem to have quite grasped something here : GMT NEVER CHANGES.

It's the standard all the others go on - the clocks move forward or back for timezones, British Summer Time starting and finishing, and such, but GMT is the constant baseline - only local time is variable.

G

I dunno, I think we have

Sunday night we will not be on GMT anymore. So the event will start at 10pm for us. Which is kinda what everyone has been saying?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I dunno, I think we have

Sunday night we will not be on GMT anymore. So the event will start at 10pm for us. Which is kinda what everyone has been saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Locally, you will not be on GMT. The event will be on at 21:00 GMT, no matter what your local time is.... so when someone says, as they did a few posts back, "however we put our clocks foward one hour saturday night yes.. so on sunday and day2 ..does that make it 22.00 gmt? " - nope, it does not make it anything other than 21:00 GMT.

G

And that will make it 23.00 CET on a Sunday evening - before a work Monday, arrrrgh. But at least it´s better than 4 a.m.

G

You're right, I overlooked THP adding GMT on to the end of that post. Else I would have corrected him. He was correct with the 10pm start (as he said it like we all do, time specific to us), just confusing his time zones