• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Threat to the 20th Anniversary ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the dev meet and greet:

[Mrs Bug]: thank you, second, are you taking the threat to the 20th annv. serious?

[Mesanna]: we always take threats serious

[Mesanna]: and if anyone says it in game they will be losing their accounts

I don't understand this?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it's been taken seriously, I'm sure all attendees were notified. Perhaps someone could chime in?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What threat? I know a few people have said they were going to beat other folks backside there. Including one who put out in GC they were going to whoop mine. Which I don't consider a threat, rather just part of the entertainment :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone in Atlantic help chat was claiming they are going to blow up the 20th anniversary party a day or two ago, that could be what the threat was. Probably just a bored troll.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont I remember someone telling in chat that they were gonna show up with weapons? Dunno, been a few weeks and the mind aint what it used to be

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't worry about threats. It is much easier to make useless threats online than to carry them out when you meet a person face to face. Hell people talk trash on the local Facebook pages here and then when you meet them in person, they say they were just kidding.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't worry about threats. It is much easier to make useless threats online than to carry them out when you meet a person face to face. Hell people talk trash on the local Facebook pages here and then when you meet them in person, they say they were just kidding.
This day and age I take all threats seriously... world has gone to (#$&* in a handbasket... full of a bunch of nut jobs... and no one seems to value life anymore... but then they don't value a commitment or relationship anymore either...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're probably referring to the RL PvP event with RL gen chat smack talk at the party...

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This day and age I take all threats seriously... world has gone to (#$&* in a handbasket... full of a bunch of nut jobs... and no one seems to value life anymore... but then they don't value a commitment or relationship anymore either...
you have a point, there are a lot of crazy idiots in the world. There are still a lot of keyboard warriors too though, Atlantic gen chat is filled with them.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as danger to accounts, I take the statement as a warning that anyone who makes a threat of real life violence in game will lose their account - so you're safe

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
speaking as a person that has to wear a bullet proof vest every day at work as part of my uniform i can honestly say that in my ranking of 'threat assessments' any online threat made in UO ranks just slightly higher than my kid saying he's gonna hold his breath until i give him candy at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.