• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What tamed pet would you put all 120's on

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I have gained enough 120 scrolls to make a full 120 pet. Assuming that the untrained pet is near its max what would you put the scrolls on. My primary ideas are either a Cu Sidhe, Hiryu, Lesser Hiryu or Ozzy. I don't think I will have access to either a Bane or Dreadmare anytime soon, so please don't suggest these. Also, I am debating rather to put Discord or Chivalry on it. I do have a discord bard on another account which I often take with me so really thinking Chivalry. Finally, I plan on using the pet for boss fights - champ spawns, roof, peerless bosses, etc. Which would you pick and why?

Fart-CopX

Visitor
I have a lot of pets at this point and chiv/AI cu sidhe is definitely the best in my stable. My disco/ai cu just doesnt seem as good in most situations. I like cu over lesser hiryus because they can heal and I feel like that is a huge QOL skill for pets when youre grinding.

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The only per I DO have all 120s on is my Pre Patch WW (Chiv/AI). Oh and I have a Bush/FWW Lesser that I have....we'll say "highly scrolled" But not all 120s. If I came in to some cash, or got a crazy deal, I might throw all 120s on a 3 Slot Dragon Wolf or Cu. No matter what I would avoid chiv for Champ spawns, pets under the influence of Enemy of One can get chewed up with lots of different enemies wailing on them (unless you're planning on using a different for the spawn, then bring in the chiv/ai for the boss).

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I prefer tritons. So with 120+wrestling you save on one powerscroll already.
And I prefer to give 120 focus and Medi to my chars, or sell and buy gear for them. 115 and 120 price difference is huge, outcome (regens) difference is not so high. So Focus will go to mystic, not to pet. Medi -to mage or will be on vendor.

Ascalon

Adventurer
If I was doing champ spawns, I would not bring a Chiv pet. I would narrow it down to ridables, unless you already use and like non-ridable pets. If it's a pet with 1 special, AI, If I got 2 specials, AI and FWW would be my first choice.

Cu, since it is ridable and has healing skill is a strong choice. If you have level 3 taming mastery and a suit to keep up with it, the other 5 slot ridables would deserve a second look.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unless it's a rare pet I don't do all 120's anymore. I will always do 120 wrestle and 120 for whatever magic I put on it. The rest I'll often do 110's or even 115's. Sometimes I find 115 scrolls cheaper than the 110's and I buy them up for pets.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m with Cork… unless it’s a rare pet I stick with 115/110. They are slightly less powerful, but it’s not really noticeable in most instances.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Whichever one you like the best...

I mean these days there is no right answer no matter how loudly some may holler about X or Y being the best. You can damn near take any advance trainable pet in game and do any and all content with it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My high-end Chiv+AI Triton (129.4 Wrest/189.7 Resist), and Chiv+AI PP WW would be top priority. My Disco/Tamer's RC+AP Fire Beetle and RC+AP Frost Mite would be second tier priority. My Death Ray Tamer/Mage's Disco+CB Triton would be third priority (my Tamer deals most of the damage himself, so full 120ing the pet isn't as important).

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have trained three pets with full 120 scrolls.

Chiv/AI Lesser Hiryu. Blue, high-intensity. This pet does the most damage of any pet I've trained.

Chiv/AI Cu. Pure white, decent intensity, 80/80/45/80/80 resists. This is my "all purpose" pet.

Magery Mastery/AI Pre-Patch Nightmare. I use this pet whenever I'm running a Necro/Mage/Tamer. This is my favorite template, so I use this pet a lot. MM + corpse skin + the Nightmare's fire damage complement each other well.

Last edited: