• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What slayer is best to use on the ethy Shadow Lords ?

• Thread starter MondainofLegends
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MondainofLegends

Can anyone tell me if a undead or daemon slayer weapon would do any good against the shadow Lords. Or what other types of slayers that can be used that would be effective.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the blackrock slayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing I saved mine from that event that never happened...

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than blackrock, i hear flamestrikes makes em angry. I never got a chance to lore em yet.

S

slasherofveils

FS hit for about 35ish (45 SDI, gm inscrip, 110 EI, 110 magery)
been fireballing them more often then not since its more mana efficient, considering 2 FBs does similar damage to a FS-- I dont think it was corpse skinned though, which could make a big difference

G

best to melee or use archer, depending on what ya want to do, and how many peeps are there. melee will get the most damage in, usually

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using my swordman on the Shadowlords.
My weapon is a normal cleaver with 33% di, 25% ssi, 35% ml, 33% stl. I do Enemy of One and consecrate weapon to do ~31 damage per hit on the Shadowlord. And bleed attack of course.
It works pretty good with 120 parry, but if you get hit by the Shadowlord better run off the screen to save your insurance. They do a lot of damage with their spells and their physical damage is ~45 hp.

G

i used my macer last night (bushido chiv), but i was using a power qstaff (30 di, 7 hci, HPR2 w/ some hp leech and some hit dispel--enhanced with bloodwood). i was getting, at most, 24 damage with consecrate, on the shadowlord lol
. so no recipe for success on my part, there
(if you have to compete with blackrock, it is near impossible for me to even get looting rights, it seems)

but! I did manage to get a berserker scythe with that weapon
(doing "2-3" damage per a hit to a berserker)

M

MondainofLegends

Thx guys for the info. I will take all into consideration.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw, the best chance to get a cloak with blackrock is late at night when only a few are around.
I burned 5 pieces of blackroch during the days and got nothing because many players are around who only look for the Shadowlords. Last night we killed 2 Shadowlords with a gorup of 3-4 players. A tamer, 2 melee and a mage or an archer, can't remember exactly. I halfed the Shadowlords health with my blackrock and the rest was pure fun

It was really challenging, because thos fetid and the fallen angels also were around and with only 4 players it was really tough to get the Shadowlord down and keeping the area clean of the other spawn.

K

KingSidhe

My tamer has soloed the Shadowlords using Blackrock and UBERDRAGON. And right at the last min people jump in for the kill. But it is possible to kill with one tamer if he has enough rock and can heal pet. I am also Tamer Pally archer. So as pet is hitting it, I am too with good bow.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

My tamer has soloed the Shadowlords using Blackrock and UBERDRAGON. And right at the last min people jump in for the kill. But it is possible to kill with one tamer if he has enough rock and can heal pet. I am also Tamer Pally archer. So as pet is hitting it, I am too with good bow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I solo'd one on a discord tamer with a rune beetle and a bake on day one (when I still had blackrock)

I could solo one without blackrock, but it would take forever, and I'm sure other people would come in and burn a blackrock on it. Granted, I have no interest in soloing shadowlords. I'm just interested in getting them killed. I've been helping others kill shadowlords and hoping for help when I'm killing them. How many cloaks of corruption do you need anyway? I laugh when I think about some of the things I did when this event was new. Like using a bag of sending to send planeswords and planeshields to the bank. I thought the event stuff was rare. Boy was I wrong.

back on topic...

If you want to kill shadow lords efficiently you should use group tactics. You want to have someone there that can discord. It helps to have a tamer with a fairly strong pet to tank the shadowlord, but it will switch targets when it withers. It helps to have a rune beetle for corrupt armor. It helps to have some heavy damage dealers (various flavors of chiv/dexers). It helps a LOT to have mages that are willing to cast heals on people and EV's on the SL. Usually the mages want to just do damage, but having a steady flow of heals and ev's takes some of the pressure off the main tank.

Granted, the best strategies in the world will still meet challenges in events. The biggest challenge I ever face at events is the challenge of dealing with other players that are fully consumed by greed for event stuff and happy to harm me to get it.

Last night, a friend and I were toasting shadow lords. The first 2 went down very easily because our strategy and execution were rock solid. The 3rd one took us forever because a pair of fools were consistantly doing things that greatly increased the difficulty of the battle. At several points during the fight, we had multiple fallen warriors pulled into us and we had to deal with it. Generally, in that situation, my friend would toss a pair of ev's on the SL. I would pull my pets back, discord the fallen warriors and take them out as fast as I could. We would usually pull the fallen warriors off screen from the shadow lord, so he would kill the ev's and we could use ev's to tie up some of the fallen warriors (there was a point where we had 3 fallen warriors and a fetid essence... those jerks). Then my friend and random strangers would run around with fallen warriors on them while I healed them with magery and my pets tanked one or 2 of them. Needless to say, fighting the multiple adds slowed down our fight considerably and I even died once (BOO!). All told, we killed about 10 fallen warriors as well as a handful of dark wisps and fetid essences.

The moral of the story is that you want to have a good strategy, but even the best strategy will run into problems when other players and greed come into play.