• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What series you watch?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the HBO ect ect channels series and wondering if any posters may have seen these.

HBO had the Rome series. I liked that

Showtime has the Tudors. Love it.

Starz has Spartacs: Blood and Sand. Just started watching this one and truthfully Im still out in the field on this one atm.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am a Doctor Who Fan - sorry to see the 10th doctor go, but will give Number 11 a shot. Tom Baker (the 4th Doctor) was always "my" Doctor due to my age, but David Tennant is real close if not tied.

I am enjoying Survivors on BBC America, but not sure how many they made in the series so it may come to an end real fast.

I have also been digging Caprica on SyFy. The pilot was OK, but the installments after have been rather good in my opinion. Very edgy.

I love almost anything on the Science Channel, History Channel, Discovery Channel and the Learning Channel.

I am also a fan of 24, Survivor and American Idol (the latter two we watch with the kids).

B

Beer_Cayse

NCIS ... the original one, not LA.

Ziva is my favorite "hottie"!

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NCIS.....and Ziva can beat my a** any time she likes!!!! i agree,she is a hottie!!!!

N

Nestorius

I've been watching Flight of the Conchords and Arrested Development.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been enjoying Rome and Tudors. I'm far behind on Lost, but I wanted to wait til it came out on Netflix so the commercials and such wouldn't drive me nuts. I also enjoy Leverage and comedy stufff (Venture Brothers, Sea Lab, etc)

Some past series I'd recommend that are no longer being produced, but remain some of my all-time favorites.

Firefly, Black Adder, Red Dwarf, Deadwood, Carnivale, Jekyll

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Law & Order is my addiction. Watch it before I sleep every day =)
This made me LOL... I have the same addiction. My hubbie thinks I am crazy cause I have to watch it everday. SVU is my favorite, how about yours?

True Blood is one of my others faves, can't wait for season three to start.
Dexter is also awesome!

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hettie > Ziva
Especially in the last couple of episodes, Hettie > Ziva when it comes to goofy personality - nice to see that they are finally giving her a lighter, more human side - something that Mark Harmon/Gibbs seems to lack all too often.

But for pure looks, and pure kick your teeth in while looking stylish in the process, it's Ziva, hands down.

Tuesday is definitely my favorite broadcast TV night. Otherwise, it's Antiques Roadshow, Big Bang Theory, Gangland (History Channel) and Deadliest Catch (Discovery)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My newest favorite is Tosh.0. I don't have cable anymore because I'm never home but my girlfriend DVRs it so I highjack her tv sometimes.

On Hulu I try to keep up with my shows. Burn Notice, The Office, House.

Shows I used to watch. Jersey Shore (Fist pump!) and Kings. I was really disappointed when they canceled Kings, it was one of NBC's better shows.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to watch Dexter.
I watch True Blood with my wife, but wouldn't keep watching it if she didn't want to watch it. (It's on right before Dexter here)

I only watch Lost sometimes, since it's on Friday nights here (who thought about setting that program on Friday?!). I have given up on actually following the plots and just watch the interactions between characters.

Other than that, there are a bunch of programs which I only watch when I'm not doing anything else, thus I haven't seen all of them.

K

Kiminality

Especially in the last couple of episodes, Hettie > Ziva when it comes to goofy personality - nice to see that they are finally giving her a lighter, more human side - something that Mark Harmon/Gibbs seems to lack all too often.
I kind of preferred her before they started lightning her character, although she's still my favourite in the series by a long way (with LL Cool J coming in second).
You're right on Ziva though, especially comparing her with Caitlin Todd.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spartacus and Pacific are my favorites right now...

I loved Deadwood and keep hoping that HBO would bring back Carnival...

But I'm definitely a Spartacus fan now.....

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sons of Anarchy is my favorite!! I also watch Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, Bones, In Plain Sight, Law and Order: SVU and I like Royal Pains

For some reason I also like Gene Simmons Family Jewels

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just watched dead like me, and my name is earl... why did they cancel that one! grrrr

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i still like ncis, but im begining to watch more Criminal Minds lately.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't watch too much TV when I do it is mainly A&E . Some reality shows like Billly the Exterminator..CSI etc ..Animal plannet Whale Wars and animal shows are favorites when I do watch. History channel Dicsovery channel.
Plus others that happen to catch my eye when surfing.
I usually have something on when I am playing Uo tho.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen (and enjoyed) a lot of episodes of both Rome and The Tudors. But neither one interested me enough to continue paying for their channels so I could watch an entire season.

The one show that will get me to spring for a premium channel is Dexter. Every August I order showtime for a few months, just so I can watch the new season of Dexter.

Nip Tuck!
Another great show. I wish they hadn't canceled it though.

J

Jango

The Ricky Gervais Show , Weeds , The Office , And Now Breaking Bad. :thumbup1:
Breaking Bad has got to be one of the best series ever on TV...I HIGHLY recommend it and in fact, am on the PC right now because I watched the first three episodes last night and was so fascinated I was going to post about it on OTNHB Redux.

For those that haven't heard of it; remember the Dad on "Malcolm in the Middle"? He plays a high school chemistry teacher who decides to cook meth in order to help support his family. It's a little bit dark humor, a little gruesome and a lot bit intriguing. It's the best show you've never heard of, winning all sorts of awards and stuff.
Good show!

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the show on Cartoon channel that has the walking, talking meatball, milk shake that looks like the devil, and a serving of fries that has a lisp. They all live in a house in a run down suburb beside this big white guy that all of us know from somewhere in our life.

It's really funny.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the show on Cartoon channel that has the walking, talking meatball, milk shake that looks like the devil, and a serving of fries that has a lisp. They all live in a house in a run down suburb beside this big white guy that all of us know from somewhere in our life.

It's really funny.
That would be Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

B

Beleg Megil

Scripted shows, my favorite of all time is the latest Battlestar Galactica. To me, it was perfect, even the finale.

In no apparant order for current scripted shows:
House
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Caprica
Scrubs
Dexter
Robot Chicken
Weeds
Stargate Universe (i NEVER thought I would like a Stargate title, but this one is great)
Legend of the Seeker (I hope someone wises up and brings it back for a season 3)

Reality/Educational shows:

COLBERT REPORT!
Daily Show w/Jon Stewart
Ghost Hunters
Ghost Hunters Academy
Destination Truth
Deadliest Catch
Dirty Jobs
Through the Wormhole w/Morgan Freeman
Into the Universe w/Stephen Hawking
Mythbusters
Attack of the Show (but I lose interest if Olivia Munn is not there...)
and any Physics/Cosmology/Astronomy show with Michio Kaku

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In no apparant order for current scripted shows:
House
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Caprica
Scrubs
Dexter
Robot Chicken
Weeds
Stargate Universe (i NEVER thought I would like a Stargate title, but this one is great)
Legend of the Seeker (I hope someone wises up and brings it back for a season 3)
Scrubs was one of the best shows on TV until NBC cancelled it. When it came back on ABC it was still decent, but not as great as it once was. That last season they had (I think it was called med school) sucked big time. I hope they just let the series die.

B

Beleg Megil

Yeah, that Scrubs is the new Joannie Loves Chachi. Pretty sad!

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not so sure if dis is considered a series, but it comes on regular, and I like it. It's dat der bellydancing show on Fit TV. Comes on in da afternoons daily right before I take my last walk about before dinner. Believe its called, "Shimmy."

I love dat show.

S

Sweety

Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Spongebob.

I also like to watch Law and Order: SVU occasionally

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved The Wire on HBO. I think it is there best show even true blood doesn't do it as much for me as The Wire did.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oldish thread :O

I currently watch Covert Affairs (USA Network, 10:00 p.m. ET Tuesdays) and True Blood (HBO, 9:00 p.m. ET Sundays). I'd like to watch Entourage and Mad Men, but I just don't have the time; I catch up with DVDs. Also anticipating Boardwalk Empire :).

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just finished up the first 2 Seasons of Dark Shadows on Netflix. OMG, horrific acting, ridiculous camera/boom work ( you could see the shadow of the boom guy in most of the early episodes) or you could see the incoming actor in the scene before they were cued to enter, it was hilarious.:thumbup1::thumbup1:. I highly recommend Netflix, I'm in the middle of Season 3 of Lost. If you've seen the entire series, go back and watch it all over again. Good stuff the 2nd time around.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I am a Doctor Who Fan - sorry to see the 10th doctor go, but will give Number 11 a shot. Tom Baker (the 4th Doctor) was always "my" Doctor due to my age, but David Tennant is real close if not tied.

I am enjoying Survivors on BBC America, but not sure how many they made in the series so it may come to an end real fast.

I have also been digging Caprica on SyFy. The pilot was OK, but the installments after have been rather good in my opinion. Very edgy.

I love almost anything on the Science Channel, History Channel, Discovery Channel and the Learning Channel.

I am also a fan of 24, Survivor and American Idol (the latter two we watch with the kids).
What do you think of the 11th doctor? I think they've done a pretty darn good job of keeping his character consistent yet adding a little more flavor.

This past season was great...I'm curious who Dr. Song is and what the driving force behind the attempted erasure of time is. My theory is that the Dr. himself is at the root of all this somehow or another with his typical good intentions.

*Hops into his Tardis and returns to the Classic Shard era*

*Cackles*