• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what pet for peace tamer?

• Thread starter YuriGaDaisukiDa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

hi guys, im a peace tamer, currently im using frenzied ostards, as they have the highest damage output in the game (i think)

im going to be hunting skeletal dragons and shadow wyrms for gold and items.

the problem with the frenzieds, is even with peacing, they can get one shotted if they break the peace, not giving you time to repeace.

also, these dragons ahve 70+ physical resist.

im wondering if a beetle+something or if a hiryu would be a better combo

or if i should just go with the greater dragon.

im mainly considering damage output since i can keep them peaced, but if i use pack animals, i will have to deal with casualties, which can slow down the farm.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi guys, im a peace tamer, currently im using frenzied ostards, as they have the highest damage output in the game (i think)

im going to be hunting skeletal dragons and shadow wyrms for gold and items.

the problem with the frenzieds, is even with peacing, they can get one shotted if they break the peace, not giving you time to repeace.

also, these dragons ahve 70+ physical resist.

im wondering if a beetle+something or if a hiryu would be a better combo

or if i should just go with the greater dragon.

im mainly considering damage output since i can keep them peaced, but if i use pack animals, i will have to deal with casualties, which can slow down the farm.
Oh I just avoid the Skeletal Dragons as best I can. Pets simply do NOT do good vs them.

BUT having said that, the only ones I have ever killed have been with this method.

Greater Dragon vs Skeletal Dragon.

Send Greater Dragon in, stay away from the SD's area of recognition.

When Greater Dragon is about to die, do a "All Follow Me" and area peace.

Get the Greater Dragon to a safe spot vet/heal it up and then send it back into battle with the Skeletal Dragon.

Rinse and Repeat until you wear it down and win. Pathetic loot in my opinion. Much Much Much better gold sinks out there than them.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

my frenzieds kill it in less than a minute

the main problem is that if it breaks peace, it one shots the ostard before i can repeace

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just my opinion, but the Tsuki Wolves, Cyclops, Troglodytes are far better gold farms than the Skeletal Dragon.

I did the pack thing for a short time but had to many issues.

One was the pet death weakening the pack.

Another was the 5 Stable Slots they consume. Now if they gave us a means to bond the pack together and stable them as one slot well then I would need to rethink things.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this thread is about frenzie ostards or about peace tamer.
When i had peacemaking on my tamer (years ago) i farmed the oni, decent loot, and some nice items from time to time.

I did skip peacemaking in favor of disco. disco is just so wow compared to peace. i can take down most mobs pretty fast with disco, and a couple of lesser pets (must admit i like bakes)

A

Asahina Yajinden

my main tamer is a peace tamer, and i use the main pet (usually greater drag, or hiryu) to attack one target and then target peace the next monster basically setting up my next target.

and this works pretty good for me, if it gets too chaotic i area peace... sometimes it helps but if your dealing w the heavy spawn attacking luna area peace will mess up anyone else's pets attacking in the area and you might learn a few new swear words.
so to not mess up everyone else i just target peace .. unless no other pets are around.

but i mainly use a greater or a hiryu, i like rune beetles but hp wise they die too much, cu's well i refuse to use them, for me hiryu or greater works best for me.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

Not sure if this thread is about frenzie ostards or about peace tamer.
When i had peacemaking on my tamer (years ago) i farmed the oni, decent loot, and some nice items from time to time.

I did skip peacemaking in favor of disco. disco is just so wow compared to peace. i can take down most mobs pretty fast with disco, and a couple of lesser pets (must admit i like bakes)
the thread is mainly asking which pet combo will kill skeletal wyrms and shadow wyrms the fastest

im thinking about mare/beetle or 5 hell hounds

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could try 2 kitsune and a frenzy for a mount, that's what my bard tends to do although she's disco rather than peace ;) Kits are decent on damage and also hold their own when they get hit by a big critter when the barding isn't there.

I'd keep the frenzies but just have kits or something to change to. And the one handy thing with kits is you don't need to have even GM taming to control them, which can free up skill points if necessary.

Wenchy

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

yea, my template has 100 lore, 80 taming and 80 vet

it allows for controll of both frenzieds and bakes 100%, though I need a jewl to bond the bakes.

I can get a beetle with just one jewl, and i can get a greater with 2.

only thing about the dragons is their resists, which is why i considered a rune beetle.

Ill probly test out a few combos, but usualy I find that the frenzied's sheer force overcomes high physical resistances.

Only time I have problems with them, is really high physicals, like the impaler in doom.