• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What monsters drop arrows as loot besides rat archers?

S

Seismic

I thought I read minotaur's drop arrows as loot (25+ ?) but fought some this weekend and they didn't drop any!

So besides ratmen archer's, what other monsters drop arrows as loot?

B

BartofCats

changlings, ratmen, and Centaurs not minotaurs. all can be found in Ilsh.

T

The_Letter_E

Goto the twisted wield - Dread horn area.....run up the spawn. Phase 2 pop's centaurs which drop 60-80 arrows per.

E

L

love2winalot

Usually when i die, i have a couple of arrows in my back, hehehe

G

GFY

Centaurs are my favorite monster to hunt for arrows. You'll need your best armor however, their arrows can hurt!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's really not hard to make your own. I believe a human with 0 fletcher skill can make arrows with the JOAT bonus.

E

Eslake

Personally I never understood why so many (when it was a popular source of income) would hunt harpies for 50 feathers each and then have to make shafts to have arrows, when ratmen archers are just as easy to kill and drop 30 to 90 arrows ready-made.

Centaurs, Jukas, Ratmen archers, Orc scouts, Centaurs, Changelings, Meer Captains, .. I know there is an obvious one I'm missing but I'm not alltogether lucid today.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I never understood why so many (when it was a popular source of income) would hunt harpies for 50 feathers each and then have to make shafts to have arrows, when ratmen archers are just as easy to kill and drop 30 to 90 arrows ready-made.
I still sell them at my shop, but I don't gather feathers myself. I have a few people who keep me supplied. I use the majority of them for xbow bolts though. Arrows don't seem to sell as quickly for some reason.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Centaurs, Jukas, Ratmen archers, Orc scouts, Centaurs, Changelings, Meer Captains, .. I know there is an obvious one I'm missing but I'm not alltogether lucid today.
Rangers....I used to collect arrows while loosing alot of karma on those back in the day.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The meer captain is bolts, not arrows.
The only Juka with Arrows are the lords.

And the changeling has 35 arrow & 25 bolts, minimum. If they die while mimicking someone using a bow or crossbow, the corresponding ammo is higher than normal, even if that person never fired a shot.

Guile, Irk and Spite are named changelings in the weald, that will also have the ammo.

The Gypsy & Brigand chest lockdowns (2 spawn per camp - 1 is always a chest, the other can be keg, barrel, crate or chest) also can have arrows or bolts (10) as random loot.