• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] What mods to start with on an item? Plus other dumb question.

G

Gellor

Title basically states it.

What mods should one start with on their equipment?

For example, what mods should mage jewelry start off with? FC? FCR? SDI? DCI?

Or what about weapons? HCI? DCI? SSI? HML?

Lastly, my understanding is no enhanced items for imbuing. Correct? So basically wait until after imbuing to enhance the item further.

O

onthefifty

i'm by no means an expert on the matter but from my limited experience you want to start with the item that uses the runic frags first.

better yet using say a copper hammer with regular iron until it gives you the mods requiring runic frags is the better way to go. that way if your failing on say adding hit lower attack your not losing runic frags but ingredients that are easier to come by.

others feel free to dispute this but this is my understanding.

L

LadyMargaret

with jewelry, if you can find a piece that already has a couple of the attributes on it, saves a lot.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lastly, my understanding is no enhanced items for imbuing. Correct? So basically wait until after imbuing to enhance the item further.
Just start off with mods that are the most expensive to get. Let's say you want HCI or DCI on a dagger. Use the dull copper hammer to get the one dagger that has +15 DCI or +15 HCI. Just an example. It saves having to use 5 relics or other rare resources. It all depends on the cost. Maybe to you getting a runic hammer is more expensive.

Don't worry about other properties. Basically you want to start with an item that already has the max property that is expensive in resources to add. So you asked about HML, but the max property +5 residue, saphires, and void orbs...cheap.

You will need to use your judgement as you look at the resource cost.

-Lorax

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

for the jewels max abilities
fc 5 frags 10 rubies 10 essence of achievment
fcr 5 frags 10 amethyst 10 essence of diligence
dci 5 frags 10 tourmaline 10 essence of singularity
sdi essence ,emerald,crystal shards

the first 3 are interchangeable depending on how easy they are to get !

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
as for weapons
hci is precision
dci is singularity
ssi is control

the last should be hml
the first 3 are just dependent on how easy it is to get for you