• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What MMO are playing right now?

P

Phadme

Just want to know the mmo's that your playing..

I just played Flyff and atlantica online, how about you guys?

J

jokerjester

im currently playing Atlantica Online, the only MMORPG that i would play while waiting for DC Universe Online.

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fallensword for the win =)

I had it with spending hundreds of $ playing mmo's so I downgraded to the free-of-charge ones.
Much less stressful!

M

Mythic

Ultima Online currently, exclusively, and for a good long while now. And a long while to come Im sure

B

Bara

Age of Conan.

Taking a little break from Ultima.

Having a blast.

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I see... can you give me review of this game?
Funcom needs players for age of conan I belive, so you can DL and test for free now =)
GO and try!
I liked it alot!
Think you get a good time with free pklay to test these days

J

jokerjester

hmm age of conan? maybe i could give it a try but there are a lot of negative feedbacks regarding the game being underdeveloped, etc.

im still hooked with the Atlantica Online bandwagon due to its F2P nature (and I really like doing the quests...)

Where can i download the Age of Conan client?

Also, MMOs are "REAL" whether free or not...

P

Phadme

Funcom needs players for age of conan I belive, so you can DL and test for free now =)
GO and try!
I liked it alot!
Think you get a good time with free pklay to test these days
I see is it a free to play like Atlantica?

P

Phadme

I agree to Joker, i read a lot of negative feed backs about the game. If i were to choose I will try LOTRO..hehehe it's n0. 2 in the MMORPG site.

S

Shari

EQ2.

I tried Shadowbane with a friend... who played since it was free... but I get motion sick easily and the in game movements had me reeling after a few minutes. so my friend finally tried eq2 and stayed :D

I did sign up for the beta for free realms though, I want to try that one out.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently I'm only playing Ultima Online, but I'm waiting for the new Star Wars MMO to hit. I'll check that out, and if its as good as SWG was at the beginning (before the idiot proofed it) I might stick around there for a while.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I myself am taking a break from UO. Currently playing Lineage II. The graphics are amazing. There is no trammel for people to run to.

B

Bara

hmm age of conan? maybe i could give it a try but there are a lot of negative feedbacks regarding the game being underdeveloped, etc.
Oh, Age of Conan is brilliant. It really suffered from being released too soon, and this caused it to have a bad reputation, but they have the problems ironed out, and it's been a flawless game for me.

To give a description of it...

The combat system is amazing. You don't just attack; rather you attack from different directions, and your opponent can block different directions. It's all real time, so it's fast. I've played a lot of MMO's and this is my favorite raw combat system; it's just so dynamic and with a lot of mobility.

The graphics are stunning, but not ridiculous or cartoony. I constantly find these places in the game where I feel "I could build a house here". The landscapes are also dynamic. Massive mountains and waterfalls, and you can climb up the mountains or scale down them (scaling down mountains is one of the most fun things). You can also swim in all the water areas, and even swim down waterfalls (Hey, you're a freaking barbarian).

There are mounts in the game, and unlike most contemporary 3d mmos, you can fight while on your mount. However, it's awkward and you can't do complex manuvers on a mount. You can also "sprint" while on your mount, and you can even have your mount attack by kicking.

The story/quest system is probably one of the best things. It has a story that is on par with what one would expect from a console game, and all the while, it doesn't take away from the MMO aspect of the game; its simply something else that you can choose to focus on, though the first 20 levels are largely focused on the story.

There is no player housing; however, guilds can build truly massive guild cities and you can eventually wage war with other guilds, and try to lay seige to their cities.

B

BadgerSmaker

Star Wars Galaxies, because it is a better game today than it ever was.

Click here for a Free to play trial.

Pick one of these busy and growing servers and have fun:

West Coast USA Server

Ahazi
Bria
Flurry
Sunrunner

East Coast USA Servers

Bloodfin
Chilastra
Eclipse
Gorath
Radiant
Shadowfire
Starsider

European Servers

Europe-Chimaera
Europe-FarStar

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Star Wars Galaxies, because it is a better game today than it ever was.

Click here for a Free to play trial.

Pick one of these busy and growing servers and have fun:

West Coast USA Server

Ahazi
Bria
Flurry
Sunrunner

East Coast USA Servers

Bloodfin
Chilastra
Eclipse
Gorath
Radiant
Shadowfire
Starsider

European Servers

Europe-Chimaera
Europe-FarStar
Are all the servers still ghost towns?

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO and Aion: The Tower of Eternity.
What is the Aion game like? Is that any good?
From my experience with Aion, it's something that is refined and is constantly being refined, which is a good thing. I was fortunate enough to get into the closed beta, and even though I don't understand the full spectrum of the Korean language, I will say that it is amazing. In terms of character customization (the Dev team has added even more customization), you can literally spend hours making your character look unique. The gameplay is amazing in that, eventually, you will be attacked from the X, Y, and Z axis as you'll have the ability to fly (you'll eventually do the quest for that). You get bonuses when attacking a target depending on one's positioning as well, which adds more strategy and realism to the fray. Furthermore, and again, this is from my experience, you can't just buttom mash, and there's a huge variety of skills and tactics to employ depending on your target. The graphics are gorgeous and the music and sound effects are amazing, but I found the most enjoyment within the Abyss.

The Abyss is where the action is at, hands down. If you like PvP, if you love the challenges of acquiring weapons that come with a huge risk and great rewards, then you'll love this. It's so chaotic in the Abyss because again, you can be attacked from anywhere. There were times when I was flying along, and I'd get hit from a spell/arrow/whatever that was beneath me, above me, someone stealthing behind me. VERY FUN.

Oh, if you run into a Guardian, make sure you bring an extra pair of undergarments. When I played, the first time I saw a Guardian, he/she/it took out about... 25-30 of us in one or two spells. This "Guardian" mode (this was the name and phrase at the time I played) is a player character who has reached enough points and gained enough status to activate a Demi-God mode of sorts. I believe there was one per server, and holy crap... being on the receiving end was VERY humbling, and I can only imagine being able to wield that kind of power, mass destruction, and disregard to us peons. Imagine being able to kill hundreds of players within the span of minutes, depending on who's on at the time. My spells, which could take out higher level mobs, were like mosquito bites to this guy.

I know NCsoft will do a great job with the localization, and I know I'm only scratching the surface of Aion. I will say that I'm impressed with what I've experienced so far, and I can't wait for the North American release. As soon as you've chosen your side (there's a lot of Lore as well), be it Elyos or Asmodians, keep an eye out on your '6' because you'll never know when or what class will be attacking you, sometimes, until it's too late.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my experience with Aion, it's something that is refined and is constantly being refined, which is a good thing. I was fortunate enough to get into the closed beta, and even though I don't understand the full spectrum of the Korean language, I will say that it is amazing. In terms of character customization (the Dev team has added even more customization), you can literally spend hours making your character look unique. The gameplay is amazing in that, eventually, you will be attacked from the X, Y, and Z axis as you'll have the ability to fly (you'll eventually do the quest for that). You get bonuses when attacking a target depending on one's positioning as well, which adds more strategy and realism to the fray. Furthermore, and again, this is from my experience, you can't just buttom mash, and there's a huge variety of skills and tactics to employ depending on your target. The graphics are gorgeous and the music and sound effects are amazing, but I found the most enjoyment within the Abyss.

The Abyss is where the action is at, hands down. If you like PvP, if you love the challenges of acquiring weapons that come with a huge risk and great rewards, then you'll love this. It's so chaotic in the Abyss because again, you can be attacked from anywhere. There were times when I was flying along, and I'd get hit from a spell/arrow/whatever that was beneath me, above me, someone stealthing behind me. VERY FUN.

Oh, if you run into a Guardian, make sure you bring an extra pair of undergarments. When I played, the first time I saw a Guardian, he/she/it took out about... 25-30 of us in one or two spells. This "Guardian" mode (this was the name and phrase at the time I played) is a player character who has reached enough points and gained enough status to activate a Demi-God mode of sorts. I believe there was one per server, and holy crap... being on the receiving end was VERY humbling, and I can only imagine being able to wield that kind of power, mass destruction, and disregard to us peons. Imagine being able to kill hundreds of players within the span of minutes, depending on who's on at the time. My spells, which could take out higher level mobs, were like mosquito bites to this guy.

I know NCsoft will do a great job with the localization, and I know I'm only scratching the surface of Aion. I will say that I'm impressed with what I've experienced so far, and I can't wait for the North American release. As soon as you've chosen your side (there's a lot of Lore as well), be it Elyos or Asmodians, keep an eye out on your '6' because you'll never know when or what class will be attacking you, sometimes, until it's too late.
hehe, Wow very nice description. Yeah, I couldn't help myself and looked at some videos online of the game. I was highly impressed. It looked like to me that NCsoft made a game that will rival Lineage II in terms of the graphics piece. I thought several of the trailers showed an impressive array of visual effects.

00saturday00

im playing ctracer online right now.
it's a car racing game like Initial D, if you know that anime.^^

A

Argoas

Sometimes i play UO on a rolplay shard, it's a different experience. And sometimes on face of mankind, f2p and premium account. It's a futurist mmorpg sandbox, with much roleplay also.