• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What kind of suit do you wear

M

MikeyH

im almost done with my tamer/bard template and its gonna leave me with about 60 magery. I only plan on using magery for recalls/heals/cures etc, so i feel like an LRC suit is a waste. Then again a full 70 resist suit wont help either since im not gonna be hit that often. Just curious as to what kind of suit most tamers out there go for.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Funny you should ask that question...

Personally speaking, the day I stopped worrying about 100% lrc, and all 70's resists (look at the last page of that thread) was the day I entered the final stage of my evolution with my template and suit. I became much more dangerous and successful overall.

G

I've got luck suits with some LRC (but went for luck first), my resist suits are about the resists first then I'm adding in better parts as I find them. All my chars can get to all 70s and I've got the parts to change out for different hunts if they want LRC or MR or luck.

I don't favour LRC as much as some.. I love my arcane clothing. Ok it affects how l337 you look, but a robe, cloak and boots gets me over 60 casts and when I've already got a bit of LRC, I don't always use them. Very cheap to maintain if you've got a GM tailor.

Before they got improved, I bought a horned runic tailor kit and made some decent resist parts for my girls. Then shuffled them round with Tokuno majors and other bits I had stashed. If I am needing better resists on a luck suit for example, I put on the ring of elements as a booster
100 luck and resists is lurvely. The only doom arty I own lol.

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You know, I never thought about arcane boots. They can be insured... Thanks for the idea Wenchy. Now I just have to remember how to make them...

G

Make normal thigh boots then just use a gem on em

Wenchy

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
for me I have 3 suits depending on what Im after and where im at I have a luck suit with luck and some lrcs about 50% and 50s resist have a 100% lrc suit with only 300 luck and about 50s resist then i have a new one i just put together for the event thats 70 resist 65 lrc and 202 luck on it had to have the 70 resist for all the spells i get hit with in moonglow plus i have 40 arcane charges for when i do die and need to have spells to get back to my body

5% Luck

Ive been wearing Glasses of the Arts, Voice of the Fallen King, Gauntlets of Nobility, and a CC. Then I filled out my suit with B-kit amour to finish off the resists to all 70s 6 MR and +18 Stm. Ive set my str just to where I hit 150 HP. At 125 Im over by a few points. The PvPers hate my gutz!

I have a few other mods not worth noting!

My other suit is pure luck I haven't put much work into it but, it consists of AoF, Lucky Necklace, Robe of te Eclipse, vesper order shield or jeena staff, various 130+ luck pieces I enhanced, ring of elements and a decent taming/luck bracelet(haven't found one i really liked yet). Im around 1600 Luck with the statue but I can do better.

P.S. Paladin Tamer (RARE)

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

If you all do not mind ....

I am looking at returning to UO.

I think I have a handle on the LRC / Resists things.

BUT

Luck is just plain and simple eluding me. I am 100% clueless as to what it does.

One thing I read seemed to suggest that it only affects loot.

This thread seemingly implies it may have something to dow with geting a tame cycle going vs an anger cycle. Is that true?

If so what is the scale on Luck. LRC / Resist are scaled to 100. Some one said they had 1600(?) Luck would that imply a 1000 scale for Luck?

I

imported_Tina Small

I usually go for 100+ LRC, good resists, and a bit of mana regeneration or lower mana cost. Have never worried much about how much luck is on the suit. Most of my tamers these days are human so I also try to make sure something in the suit has Night Sight on it.

The arcane boots are a nice back-up for the times when something goes haywire and you get the message about needing regs even though the LRC adds up to 100% or more.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

One thing I read seemed to suggest that it only affects loot.

This thread seemingly implies it may have something to dow with geting a tame cycle going vs an anger cycle. Is that true?

If so what is the scale on Luck. LRC / Resist are scaled to 100. Some one said they had 1600(?) Luck would that imply a 1000 scale for Luck?

[/ QUOTE ]Luck only affects the loot you find on mobs. It takes a ton of luck to notice much of a difference, and even then, it isn't going to make the difference between you finding great items, and garbage. No matter how much luck you have 99.9% of what you find will be garbage, and the best thing I have ever found, my 3/1 taming ring, I found when I was only wearing 200 points or so in luck.

Specifically, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, luck affects the number of items you will find on a corpse. As far as I know, it doesn't affect the quality of those items much, if at all, other than if you have more items on the corpse, your chances of finding something good are better.

Tamers tend to wear luck suits more than just about any other template, because it is assumed mods and resists aren't as important because the tamer isn't directly in the line of fire as much, and that is true, if you aren't up against high end content, or in pvp. However, if you pvp, or if you are fighting high end content, sacrificing luck to put together a suit that complements your playstyle and template well, is what I would recommend any day of the week...

As for the amount of luck, there is no cap on luck, so you are allowed to stuff as much luck as you can manage onto your suit, and then the 10th anniversary luck statue can add 400 points on top of that. For regular crafted or enhanced armour, for normal jewelry, 100 points, but there are many items that offer various amounts of luck (200 seems to be a popular number), so it is quite possible to get over 1000 points in luck on a suit, without the bonus from the statue.

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

Thanks for the info and it pretty much correlates to my observations so far (an increase in items on the corpse NOT the quality of the items).

I have pretty much settled on LRC/Resists suite, with mods/luck as a secondary characteristic.

In one sense the mods are a tad bit disappointing. I picked up a +11 to Magery Spell Book (for example) and it helped until I hit 90 in Magery. I have not acquired any of the Scrolls to go past 100 in either stats or skills.

The LRC has paid off big time for me as to date I have never got that dreaded message you lack the reagents to .....

The Resists pay really nice dividends vs Taming the Higher End mobs so far (TC1 only not my Live Shard).

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have 62 extra skill points on my suit, and I can assure you, it makes a huge difference. But when you are fooling around with skill points you have to be careful and really know what you are doing. I've dropped my real taming skill from 110 to 100. I have eaten a 120 taming scroll, and I have 20 points in taming skills between my talisman and my ring, but unless I was really sure about what I was doing, which I admit I wasn't :p, gaining back the taming skill from 100 to 110 would have been a major pita.

But the extra points have allowed me to have 120 magery, and when you use a mage weapon, there is a huge difference even between 115 and 120 weapon skills, and you will decidedly notice it, especially in pvp. It has allowed me to have 37 meditation. And again, it may not seem like much, but there is a huge difference between 0 meditation, and 37. Basically that 37 meditation activates the 8 points I have in mana regen.

The point I am trying to make is that mods, if you know what you are doing, will make the difference between being mediocre, and being extremely powerful. If all you are ever going to fight are orcs and ettins, all the way up to white wyrms, the mods on your suit may not make that big a difference, but if you are going to pvp, or do peerless, or Doom, or even the recent events, your suit mods can make the difference between success and failure.

G

If I'm at all interested in the loot quality I always go for luck first on my tamers. If I just want gold I won't bother, but with some mobs that extra risk of lower resists is worth it
I generally don't look at armour pieces if I'm on 0 luck. I use arcane stuff a lot around luck armour, between that and the LRC luck parts I have, I don't find a reg issue.

Now that bank hopping is used more to drop off gold, you have the option of storing some charged up spare arcane pieces to change into as needed, when you deposit your loot. Though if you're like me and you don't cast a lot, you won't really need to do this.

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm really grateful to you Wenchy for calling my attention to arcane clothing. I've known about arcane clothing since it was first introduced, but I never thought it was particularly useful. When it was introduced there was no such thing as lrc or insurance. But these days with insurance, if you aren't using 100% lrc, but still have a significant amount of lrc, arcane clothing becomes extremely useful if you get slaughtered in an awkward spot.

I'm tempted to drop my luck robe for an arcane robe...

G

I wear a basic leather 70 resist/100 lrc suit and use my ring/bracelet to top off skills I use.

My template is magery/peace/music/lore/vet/taming/med so the lrc is a must (because im broke
)

G

I use a 100% LRC suit for most things, with a costume that mostly conceals it. I have a luck suit when I'm after items, which isn't that often. Both use the Armor of Fortune and Pads of the Cu Sidhe. The luck suit has very little LRC so I carry a baggie of 50x each mage reagent, which mostly only needs recall/gate regs topped up every other month.

G

I use a 100% LRC suit for most things, with a costume that mostly conceals it. I have a luck suit when I'm after items, which isn't that often. Both use the Armor of Fortune and Pads of the Cu Sidhe. The luck suit has very little LRC so I carry a baggie of 50x each mage reagent, which mostly only needs recall/gate regs topped up every other month.

I

imported_mtman

Since my pets do most my fighting i dont worry about resistances much so i go with luck suit..i got 2 .. one is the max luck u can get but i need to carry regs.....other is a lcr luck suit with my highest pieces i have.

I

imported_mtman

Since my pets do most my fighting i dont worry about resistances much so i go with luck suit..i got 2 .. one is the max luck u can get but i need to carry regs.....other is a lcr luck suit with my highest pieces i have.