• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What kind of Siege do you want?

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get rid of Se no more ninjas or Bushido
Get rid of auto log pets. If you log out you should have to go to the stable to claim your pet.
Get rid of instant corpses.
Get rid of Siege bless.
Only thieves or assassins can use stealth.
Get rid of factions and bring back order chaos. All guilds must pick a one.
Removal of private houses
Removal of LRC you need to use regs
Chiv books are cursed tithing points are bound to the book.
A set number of times a bonded pet can be resed before it dies.
The old perma gray system for thieves.
Give reds anti virtues.
More player towns to get rid of fighting in guard zones.
And you, sire...rock on as well! :stir:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I don't get about the removing the skill gain timers -

Skill gain is pretty much guaranteed, ie once your timer is up do something and you'll automatically gain. Therefore if the skill timers are removed, theoretically all I'd have to do is cast gate 50 times in a row and i'll gain magery from 70-75 in like 4 minutes without waiting. To me that's too easy. If we get rid of the guaranteed gain, and make the gains random like on prodo shards, then we're basically prodo shards with caps.
OK, here's what I meant by getting rid of the timers. I want to be able to log into Siege and get all my gains within a reasonable amount of time. Say one or two hours. I don't want to get rid of the guaranteed gain system (GGS), I just want to be able to gain around it. (Should have mentioned that early, my bad.) The GGS would still play into effect, but also there should be the option to gain around it. Until you have hit your daily limit. The skill gain would in effect work like a production shard. The more you use the skill the more you'll gain. That way for people like myself who work anywhere between 12-13 hours a day can get all their gains!!

Also, this would not be "productionizing" (totally not a word :) ) Siege Perilous. Siege in itself is risk vs reward. The chance to be killed/stolen from at anytime, anyplace. The fact that making skill gain tough does nothing to make Siege hard. In fact, the way it is now, its easier. Just takes a HELLA long time.

Its time to make this ancient Pre-AOS skill gain system obsolete! Time to get out of the 7xGM, 1999 time frame. Sure PvP was great then but lets face it...that was 10 years ago. Time to wake up people.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will try to do what I can. I will go and settle. Knowing where folks will be will win us more attention.

More later...
Just made my Iantown house open to the public (no safe room). I'll fill up a couple trunks with free stuff made by kelmo. There are crafting stations for sewing and cooking, apple trees on the roof. Made public, the roof turns out to be a good place to hatch eggs. Could host some vendors if anyone is interested.

Putting stealth away and saving it for things like peerless and spawns. Gunna be testing a skill 50 tamer with archery combo. Maybe a pack of ostards some day. Up to three battle chickens. My skree sings us all lullabys at night.

The lake is stocked. There's always beer at the pub.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There are many good ideas already. The ones about changing the power of certain templates don't belong in this thread. The changes that affect Siege specifically are what we need; ways to get people to begin here as well as incentives for veterans to come over.
Everything that may make players stay on the shard belong here! To many stealthers and tamers may very well make some give up.

1. Allow character transfers. However, the transfer can arrive naked and only bring one additional soulstone for each 6 months of account age. This would allow someone to bring soulstones based on their veteran time in game.
I don't like like them to bring soulstones, and I sure not like the idea someone else posted about letting them find 3 soulstones in their bank, when they get here.
Let them get here naked and with newbie gear that fit their skills and 1000gp.

2. A way that people joining the game can come directly here without losing the young status. Maybe allow them in one Trammel kind of area.
Just make it so they can see Siege on the shard list and a Siege char don't effect young status on other shards. No kindergarden needed on Siege.

3. Lowering the prices at NPCs. I never understood why things had to be so much more expensive here.
Agree, special boats and classic houses are to expensive.

4. A Siege starter pack, with rewards based on account age.
Only thing I could thing of is a few Vet reward choices that only can be used on Siege but I really don't think it is needed.

5. Allow a house on Siege that does not affect houses on other shards.
As long it is limit in size, max 10x10 and need to be refreshed of the owner atleast once a month.
I would also like to see a second char slot.

The point is; Siege is fantastic, but hard to get a start in. Some will say, "that's what makes people here tough." To that I say, "go buy a 100 month old account... they are cheap."
Really, I don't think the ones who buy a 100 month account stay longer than the one who work up his char.

This below is not a reply special to you but to the shard.
I had heard about PK's who kill NEW and dry loot them, then tell them to stop crying and get a new gear from NEW.
Now they forget, many NEW players are to proud to go ask for gear and the suit and weapon they just lost was not from NEW but brought from the first money they made on the shard. A gm suit and weapon from NEW can't really replace it.
Also some refuse to accept help in form of items, they want to make it on their own but join NEW to find friends to hang out with.

If more PK's would go easy on new SP players, with or with NEW tag, more may stay.

Loot less and maybe follow up with a few advices after they get ressed will do a mega diff in how a new SP player feel after the fight. A little RP could also be a way welcome a new player to the shard.

E

Essence of Siege

One thing I don't get about the removing the skill gain timers -

Skill gain is pretty much guaranteed, ie once your timer is up do something and you'll automatically gain. Therefore if the skill timers are removed, theoretically all I'd have to do is cast gate 50 times in a row and i'll gain magery from 70-75 in like 4 minutes without waiting. To me that's too easy. If we get rid of the guaranteed gain, and make the gains random like on prodo shards, then we're basically prodo shards with caps.
How is this too easy? It's the same thing EVERYONE does here, except they have to do it over the course of 6 HOURS instead of 4 minutes.

Most people do not have 6 hours to devote to gains every day, so you either unattended macro or don't get full gains. It's a stupid system. Keep the daily CAPS at what they are, getting to GM in 8 days is fine, but remove the in-between gain timer allowing people to log in for 5 minutes and max a single skill RoT gain if need be, don't force me to play or login for 6 hours to get all my gains, that's not 'hard' that's 'redundant' and 'boring.'

Bottom line, it's still hard, because it takes me 8 days to GM a skill, but I don't have to spend 48 hours doing so. That's 2 FULL DAYS of playing out of 8 to GM a skill, it's really unacceptable.

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Siege:

1. With honor.
2. With murderers that aren't afraid to be murderers. Got tired of the 'red' guilds all being blue.
3. Where gold is precious. People shouldn't have 5+ mil gold in their bank.
4. Where items aren't as important so people aren't afraid to die.
5. Without faction items.
6. Where people like to socialize.
7. Where there is a reason to fight, not where you just have to roam Luna looking for a fight.
8. Without so many damn stealthers.
9. Without so many damn tamers.
10. With a vibrant community of people of all backgrounds interacting.
Amen.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Transfers would be a nightmare...

the dupers are smarter the the devs (proof is in the millions of duped items)

I think alot of people forget what it is like, to play on a prodo shard.

I came to Siege to get away from two things
#1 duped items
#2 kIDZ DaT TyyPE LKE DizZ

The time it takes to make a char here is the only reason we are not filled with these idiots!

IMHO the best way to improve attendance on Siege (keeping with the kid theme)
is to keep posting on Uhall and to work to help the few people that do come over to bring their friends.

My fear is that in a rush to get players here we turn Siege into one big Yew Gate Fight!

T

Tairon

2. Second House Slot:

Offer VET players the ability to place a home on siege without loosing their Home on a tram shard. This will help bring players to the shard knowing they have the possibility of a home without having to buy a second account.

So, there we have a couple of ideas.. let's keep the comments and ideas coming!

Famine
Siege Perilous Museum
I would have no problem with a second house slot for Siege but I would like to see Siege housing have a feature added where if you fail to long on to Siege atleast twice a month for a minimum of 1 hour each time your house starts to decay, so housing does not get filled up with second houses of people who don't play here.

J

Jaimes

#1 Complaint: Items are way, way too important. Cursed arties (not just doom arties but library rewards, etc.) should drop regularly on Siege from all monsters, and they should drop often. Think pinatas. This is the only way to fix the horrible ****ed up AOS item system.

The current item system encourages stealthers, tamers, and cowards (in other words, it encourages people to play conservatively and use cheap tricks and run and hide in order to prevent themselves from losing their gear), which I think most of us can agree make Siege "unfun" and discourage serious PvPers and new blood from playing here.

Adding extra armor resists with arms lore was a great step, but the item changes need to be more widespread than that.

#2 Complaint: ROT takes up too much time between gains. I get the day-to-day thing, but there shouldn't be ANY timer between gains. Change it so you can get your 2.1 pts for the day in 5 minutes. Making it require so much time to train skills definitely discourages softcore gamers from playing Siege. 1-2 months to train a character is enough, but adding on needing to play 30-200 minutes every day JUST to get those skills is far beyond ridiculous. It's absurd is what it is.

If your contention with this is "but people won't stay around to play between ROT gains if there is no delay," I don't really see the connection. If someone wants to play, they're gonna play. If they want to train, they will. The system shouldn't encourage or require concurrence of those two events (and it doesn't, right now. I do work, log in, get my parry gain, and go back to work.).

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on the skill, RoT usually prevents me from actually playing.

Before stopping from boredom at 112 imbuing, I didn't leave the soul forge for days, because I'd miss gains.

I'd say leave in the timer, but make the daily cap reachable within 2 hours of playing.

B

Bruin

Regarding the skill gain:

I think it would be way to easy if we got rid of the timer and made it so you can gain your for example 5.0 skill from 70-80 in 3 minutes.

However, I'd be for limiting gains to 0.5 (or some reasonable number) per timer in one skill or all skills. For example, from 70-80, I could gain 0.5 in fencing every five minutes (max of 5.0 per day) OR 0.1 in fencing, 0.1 in tactics, 0.1 in healing, 0.1 in anatomy, 0.1 in parry every 5 minutes (max of 5.0 per day).

This way you could maximize your ROT gains in 1 skill or 6 skills within an hour.

However realistically, I doubt the devs will give us the time to change the code.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get rid of Se no more ninjas or Bushido
Get rid of auto log pets. If you log out you should have to go to the stable to claim your pet.
Get rid of instant corpses.
Get rid of Siege bless.
Only thieves or assassins can use stealth.
Get rid of factions and bring back order chaos. All guilds must pick a one.
Removal of private houses
Removal of LRC you need to use regs
Chiv books are cursed tithing points are bound to the book.
A set number of times a bonded pet can be resed before it dies.
The old perma gray system for thieves.
Give reds anti virtues.
More player towns to get rid of fighting in guard zones.
Agreed

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is what the Bo thinks;
1. You cant remove anything that is currently in game aka faction arties, imbueing, whatever, Bo thinks you remove stuff you will lose people.
2. Faction arties have a turn in, make it worth while for people to loot others faction arties. Maybe lower the cost of them to what prodo pays for them.
3. Bring back alacrities, Bo doesnt know how just bring them back this is the easiest way for the devs to fix the skill gaining problems. Without actually doing any work.
4. Someone already said it Bo believes his name is Drax, make it easier to obtain high end items.
5. Passive reveal or put stealth back to counting steps this skill is way over powered.
6. When a pet does damage (any damage to a player or a monster) the owner is revealed.
7. Bolas you need 70 tactics.
8. Make magic resist worth having.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Events. Reign in some of the attitudes. Give some of the newbies some support (organized hunts, training, etc).
What kind of events are there that only Siege Perilous can do?
I noticed that the last of the Gladitor Arena style events had many
more watchers than combatants.

We need to stage a ruined 18x18 house battle. The owner should
design the house with furniture and containers used to block the way
in. Crafters inside could continue to make more to simulate battlements.
All the doors should be public. No banning allowed.
The battle could be done in four stages.
1. Sneak attack templates show and do their best first, then followed up
with melee templates on foot from surrounding forests. Guards inside the
house do delaying action so that...
2. Relief column of calvary and footman mount attacks and dismount to
gain enter house to make house safer. Only pets that can be ridden here.
Slain pets stay dead.
3. Pet templates clear the area around the house and siege the place.
Slain pets stay dead.
4. Opposing Warmage groups gate in upon the surrounding fields and
release a firestorm of magic. Any type of spells allowed.
If you die you stay dead... but you can use another player character upto
four. No raising dead people.
You will be looted...hopefully before your corpse decays. We do have thieves.
A reporter must be available <could be a ghost> to take screen shots of
the battle.
Winners will divide looted items among living survivors.

A showcase report is made to other shard forums...
If nothing else, this idea could catch on elsewhere.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What kind of events are there that only Siege Perilous can do?
I noticed that the last of the Gladitor Arena style events had many
more watchers than combatants.

We need to stage a ruined 18x18 house battle. The owner should
design the house with furniture and containers used to block the way
in. Crafters inside could continue to make more to simulate battlements.
All the doors should be public. No banning allowed.
The battle could be done in four stages.
1. Sneak attack templates show and do their best first, then followed up
with melee templates on foot from surrounding forests. Guards inside the
house do delaying action so that...
2. Relief column of calvary and footman mount attacks and dismount to
gain enter house to make house safer. Only pets that can be ridden here.
Slain pets stay dead.
3. Pet templates clear the area around the house and siege the place.
Slain pets stay dead.
4. Opposing Warmage groups gate in upon the surrounding fields and
release a firestorm of magic. Any type of spells allowed.
If you die you stay dead... but you can use another player character upto
four. No raising dead people.
You will be looted...hopefully before your corpse decays. We do have thieves.
A reporter must be available <could be a ghost> to take screen shots of
the battle.
Winners will divide looted items among living survivors.

A showcase report is made to other shard forums...
If nothing else, this idea could catch on elsewhere.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
What about an object 'fortress' like we did at the last Ladies Night Out? Things that take time to move about, like boxes full of hay stacks? This also means the crafters can be involved.

AS far as reporters go, I have actually had some decent luck at people leaving me alone and beleiving me to be neutral. Thats not to say I haven't had my share of reports done in retro black and white! :mf_prop:

T

TigerDyr

I haven`t had the time to read through all of the posts, so I hope im not writing something someone else has already mentioned.

One thing id like is to make the lands smaller, I mean we aren`t that well populated.

I would personnaly like to have t2a removed and the one spawn Lord Oaks which is there and no place else moved to somewhere else we can get to.

Perhaps even remove Ils aswell, I mean those places are without housings so it should be pretty easy to do without people getting upset. And with SA and the new lands which I like I kinda feel that t2a and Ils has run its course.

(perhaps perhaps, even take some of the places in Malas which is huge and down size it, if it duable with all the housing and stuff...)

When all thats done upgrade the current dungeons in the old lands so that the difficulty from one lvl to another is huge and upgrade the loot for the monsters in the buttom levels much!! So that its worth going down there and taking the risk of having to run all the way out.

Should get alot more pking that way and more people playing together cause numbers can survive.

All in all it should make siege seem more populated. And in my mind thats the biggest issue.

Ps. I too would like the faction items removed espesially with the imbuing around so you can still make the suits you need fairly easy. I like the fact of pking for items and not for the gold you can get from the items cause you cant ever use em yourself. But granted that would make a new problem with the balance of dci and hci and stuff. but thats another issue.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or, just give each dungeon something worth getting.

Be honest: Who here has been inside Rock dungeon in the past.... two years?

Have them drop imbuing ingredients or something too. I dunno.

Getting rid of lands isn't gonna happen. If we followed your suggestion we'd lose... what, two peerless? I dunno. No matter what you removed, somebody somewhere will have liked it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Dunno about you folks. I am not waiting on Mythic or EMs. My farm is now ready to decorated and then the pub gets an overhall.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just made my Iantown house open to the public (no safe room).
* tips hat *

Now THERES a true Siege player! Even I have owner/guild/friends only rooms.

One of my biggest complaints about Siege is the private housing, where is the risk? True you want a safe room for crafting if you have millions of gold worth of imbuing ingredients or Runics in pack, but why is it the shard makes their whole house private?

Traveling through Gilfane Town is fun ( on my way to look for trouble ), I like to stop and check out all the public house designs ( which are very many and very well done ).

All houses should be public, it annoys me when I see a nice design but cant see the deco with it because it is private.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or, just give each dungeon something worth getting.

Be honest: Who here has been inside Rock dungeon in the past.... two years?

Have them drop imbuing ingredients or something too. I dunno.

Getting rid of lands isn't gonna happen. If we followed your suggestion we'd lose... what, two peerless? I dunno. No matter what you removed, somebody somewhere will have liked it.
Where is rock dungeon? Maybe I know it by a different name?

If not, I want to explore it! ( dont take it away yet devs, I haven't conquered it yet! )

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You are welcome to come see my farm. It is not finished, though. Watch your step... it is a farm.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about an object 'fortress' like we did at the last Ladies Night Out? Things that take time to move about, like boxes full of hay stacks? This also means the crafters can be involved.

AS far as reporters go, I have actually had some decent luck at people leaving me alone and beleiving me to be neutral. Thats not to say I haven't had my share of reports done in retro black and white! :mf_prop:
I suppose that instead of a 18x18 house, one of the many ruins can be used.
With a forest nearby...a supply of wood could be gotten. The event could just
be the building of a fortress about the ruins by using furniture and containers.
Some of these ruins have a public container. Others try to enter and get to
the stored items in the ruin's container. Clothing could be used to mark who
is on which side of the event. Winning conditions? Optional...

What would it take to do the Ladies Night Out event?

I can find where. How do we attract everyone to this event?
Yeah, I know... the Ladies should be enough!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

B

Bruin

If we had to get rid of a landmass, I'd vote for Malas. The two cities are unbearable (Luna & Umbra). The landmass was pretty much designed to be a huge apartment building, a large empty landmass to allow people to place houses when all of trammel/felucca was full. On Siege, all the other landmasses still have plenty of available housing space.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
All houses should be public, it annoys me when I see a nice design but cant see the deco with it because it is private.
I wish more doors in my castle and keeps, not possible to make a safe room in them :(

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you use the vet reward house teleporters inside the same house? It'd be expensive, but you could block off a room with chests, or other prettier blocking items, then have a teleporter in and out in a castle.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It only works vs players, I think pets can go past it but I could make the roof a safe room that way.
I hope Devs someday will let us craft a set of doors that can be used in castle and keeps and maybe wall tiles

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you use the vet reward house teleporters inside the same house? It'd be expensive, but you could block off a room with chests, or other prettier blocking items, then have a teleporter in and out in a castle.
Yes you can, I see that Chad Sexington already has that set up in Barter Town, good use of teleporters on uncustomizable housing. I didn't realize you couldn't set securities on the doors though, I thought that was standard issue even on non-customizable houses.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes you can, I see that Chad Sexington already has that set up in Barter Town, good use of teleporters on uncustomizable housing. I didn't realize you couldn't set securities on the doors though, I thought that was standard issue even on non-customizable houses.
You can set secures on the doors but in a keep you only have a front door, in a castle you can let them in your first 2 doors but then you risk to trap yourself or can't get past them to get in unless you have teleporters from an other house.

Right now, I have a few NEWs living in one of my castles, so I can't make that public.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Where is rock dungeon? Maybe I know it by a different name?

If not, I want to explore it! ( dont take it away yet devs, I haven't conquered it yet! )
I don't think I have ever been there. May have to take a stole thru there in the morning.....:eyes:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The rock dungeon is in ilshenar... been there for years.
Just because its been there doesn't mean I have. Heh, stepped into bedlam for the first time last night...was quite exciting being killed by new and wonderful things!

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love Siege! There really is something here for everyone - be it crafting, PvM or PvP. I join with others to say that more population would be nice, and a RoT that doesn't involve spending 4 hours a day to get your daily allotment. I'd suggest keeping the 4 minute timer for 70-120, personally. But I'm sure there have been other excellent ideas there, too.
This. With no timer we might as well just log in get 5.0 skills and log out. At 4 mins a gains it would make you say, "Ill go out and pvp for my gains today." Instead of "I think ill sit in my house all day goto my computer every fifteen minutes and get a gain and not play at all today."

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think I have ever been there. May have to take a stole thru there in the morning.....:eyes:
I went there yesterday...used chaos gate to go, had to run past a para greater dragon! yikes! Luckily I was past it before it targeted.

The place is rather empty, I was greeted by a para stone gargoyle soon after I entered. Very low spawn, but tough monsters, lich lords, executioners, acid elementals, etc... Might be a good place to bring your GD for imbuing items to unravel, I'm sure the loot is 4 or 5 mods.

edit: btw, nice running yesterday... could barely catch you while mounted and you on foot...I mean, I could catch you, but getting the weapon to swing was the difficult part. * considers archery *

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regarding the skill gain:

I think it would be way to easy if we got rid of the timer and made it so you can gain your for example 5.0 skill from 70-80 in 3 minutes.

However, I'd be for limiting gains to 0.5 (or some reasonable number) per timer in one skill or all skills. For example, from 70-80, I could gain 0.5 in fencing every five minutes (max of 5.0 per day) OR 0.1 in fencing, 0.1 in tactics, 0.1 in healing, 0.1 in anatomy, 0.1 in parry every 5 minutes (max of 5.0 per day).

This way you could maximize your ROT gains in 1 skill or 6 skills within an hour.

However realistically, I doubt the devs will give us the time to change the code.
I find that to be a very reasonable change and I would stand with you on the polls should it come to a vote. I like that idea.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find that to be a very reasonable change and I would stand with you on the polls should it come to a vote. I like that idea.
Agreed. More than one skill gain in five minutes. But never the same skill gain in less than 5.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can´t believe people are even considering transfers (even if the intentions are good).

Doesn´t matter if it´s naked or one-way or whatever. There will always be someone, somewhere at one point that finds an exploit to mess Siege up.

No thank you...

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can´t believe people are even considering transfers (even if the intentions are good).

Doesn´t matter if it´s naked or one-way or whatever. There will always be someone, somewhere at one point that finds an exploit to mess Siege up.

No thank you...
Aye, you'd just be allowing them to bypass the ROT here on Siege. They can train up to 120x6 or 100x7 in a day or two on prodo shards, then transfer in naked ready to go.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
edit: btw, nice running yesterday... could barely catch you while mounted and you on foot...I mean, I could catch you, but getting the weapon to swing was the difficult part. * considers archery *

Oh man, that was the most fun I have had since I been back! There I was working on mismatched skills, no mount, all I could do was run. Was laughing the whole time. Fatal mistake was forgetting where I left them pixies of yours. :thumbup:

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh man, that was the most fun I have had since I been back! There I was working on mismatched skills, no mount, all I could do was run. Was laughing the whole time. Fatal mistake was forgetting where I left them pixies of yours. :thumbup:
I figured I could herd you into them by running ahead of you and making you turn which way I wanted you to... I had a 50/50 chance at each turn, it eventually worked out. :)

( If you be wanting to purchase the plant dye back, make an offer! ) * evil grin *

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what the Bo thinks;
1. You cant remove anything that is currently in game aka faction arties, imbueing, whatever, Bo thinks you remove stuff you will lose people.
2. Faction arties have a turn in, make it worth while for people to loot others faction arties. Maybe lower the cost of them to what prodo pays for them.
3. Bring back alacrities, Bo doesnt know how just bring them back this is the easiest way for the devs to fix the skill gaining problems. Without actually doing any work.
4. Someone already said it Bo believes his name is Drax, make it easier to obtain high end items.
5. Passive reveal or put stealth back to counting steps this skill is way over powered.
6. When a pet does damage (any damage to a player or a monster) the owner is revealed.
7. Bolas you need 70 tactics.
8. Make magic resist worth having.
I like # 3, 6, 7 & 8

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. More than one skill gain in five minutes. But never the same skill gain in less than 5.
This is possible (well for 70-80)You can get .1 in 5 different skills all in a row, and wait 5 mins and repeat. To get your 5.0 total RoT, in 50 mins, which works out to 1.0 in each of the 5 skills.

Same theory applies all the way to 120, and the 15 min timer.

Now if they made RoT take 5 mins between no matter what skill, then that would work quiet well. Yes it would still take you more then a month to complete the char (based on even gains in 5 skills), but atleast only 50 mins a day doing RoT.

T

TigerDyr

Wulf thats one of the things I said aswell...!

But I still think there should be a signifant increase in the toughness of the monsters from one lvl to another and some dungoens should be damn near impossible to get to the lowest lvls.

But lets say they beafed up all the dungoens regarding monsters and loot... Would still make the lands TOO BIG!!! I like playing with people wonder into people playing and with the lands as they are now you hardly EVER do that.

So REMOVE some of the lands, make the dungoens more desirable and that should get some more interaction!

It lessons the population issue which I think everyone is concerned about, andI think it would help new players to stay more since you would be more able to find people.

AWESOME Idea Tiger!! ;-) :pancakes: