• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What kind of Siege do you want?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just asking. I will fill in my plans tomorrow.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Events. Reign in some of the attitudes. Give some of the newbies some support (organized hunts, training, etc).
*listens*

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would you go about that? *fishes*
more organized spawns with new

which means more transendence scrolls which helps them get characters up to par faster

we need to help new characters get skills then turn them loose to hopefully join the smaller guilds to make things more interesting

B

Bruin

A Siege:

1. With honor.
2. With murderers that aren't afraid to be murderers. Got tired of the 'red' guilds all being blue.
3. Where gold is precious. People shouldn't have 5+ mil gold in their bank.
4. Where items aren't as important so people aren't afraid to die.
5. Without faction items.
6. Where people like to socialize.
7. Where there is a reason to fight, not where you just have to roam Luna looking for a fight.
8. Without so many damn stealthers.
9. Without so many damn tamers.
10. With a vibrant community of people of all backgrounds interacting.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see a new form of ROT in place. One where it restricts the amount of skill you can gain per 24 hour period. But one that allows us to gain that skill as fast as we want. Within normal means of course. I, like many others that play this game, do not have enough time in the day to spend anywhere from 4-6 hours (if we play without getting out of our chairs) to sit through ROT and get our gains. The system is made for pre-AOS days and needs to be revitalized.

All that needs to be done is time taken out between gains. Keep the cap in, just remove that damn timer. With that fix alone the shard would pick up. More players = Siege as the #1 shard on Ultima Online.

Also, taking this feature out does nothing to detract from making this the "harder" shard as some people say. The best part of playing this shard is the risk of dieing anywhere....sadly a lot of players don't get to enjoy this because it takes an absurdly long time to get to that point :(

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Siege:

1. With honor.
2. With murderers that aren't afraid to be murderers. Got tired of the 'red' guilds all being blue.
7. Where there is a reason to fight, not where you just have to roam Luna looking for a fight.
In regards to your gold is precious post. People that work hard will always have more than those don't work. But of course some people don't have the time.

Stop harping on faction items...we have imbuing now. Pretty much evens out the playing field.

Stealthers and tamers...really are not that big of a deal. Especially with the soul stone timer being removed. Switch your template around real quick and throw on detect hiding and you've eliminated your stealth problem. Tamers are always annoying. Just have a member dedicated to detect hidden and a couple mages...that pretty much takes care of your taming problem.

In regards to number 7...you want a reason to fight? Have you joined factions? What kind of reason do you want? I fight to kill the other person, and loot there ass dry. It just so happens to be that Luna is the most accessible city/area in the game. Would you rather it be Homare? I'm sure people can start hanging out at Homare. Or maybe even Ilshnar.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohh yea and another thing that would help this shard even though i use them i really think something needs to be done with factions arties and faction in general heres a couple of my main things

change arties to be cursed instead of named

give a reason to owning a town(for instance make the faction arties only obtainable by owning towns, anyone can wear and use items but to buy them you need to own a town)

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohh yea and another thing that would help this shard even though i use them i really think something needs to be done with factions arties and faction in general heres a couple of my main things

give a reason to owning a town(for instance make the faction arties only obtainable by owning towns, anyone can wear and use items but to buy them you need to own a town)
I would like those changes. Something along the lines of "Faction cursed." Maybe have a vendor for the faction gear. Kinda like a reagent vendor but for that particular faction only.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Most important is to get more players on Siege.

a. We need Siege on the shard list so new players can choose Siege without going to a trammy shard first and without it effect their young status on trammy shards.

b. We need a way for players, who can't place a house to have more space in the bank let them rent a box in a npc or player house. Could work like a rented vendor. The box can be accessed from house sign if the owner of the house should remove the access. The owner can cancel auto renew if the box owner go inactive or he want out of the deal. If the renter do not pay the fee, the box will puff and stuff go to the bank if room for it, else it will be on sign for a while like with a rented vendor.

c. Let npc on Siege train skills again, it will help more than it will hurt.

d. Remove high faction taxes in towns, it's fine faction can lower them, but the high taxes is only a pain and make new players give up when Britain do have insane prices.

e. Place books at Inns, banks and shops, with info about the special ruleset on Siege.

f. Give us a global chat that works in both clients so new SP players can ask for advices, players can find crafters or someone to hunt with or call help from anti PK's :)

In reply to Bruin

A Siege:

1. With honor. Where guild choose a role on the shard, I miss the former RP guilds we had on Siege (orcs, vampires crafters, pirates, elves, justice, good, evil)

2. With murderers that aren't afraid to be murderers. Got tired of the 'red' guilds all being blue. Where evil players choose to be red. Red healers on all facets, npc's who will deal with reds. We need to look at what make reds go blue. Maybe a way to control how fieldspell act, so you with a macro can set your fieldspells to not attack players if doing spawn in a group with both red and blue players.

3. Where gold is precious. People shouldn't have 5+ mil gold in their bank. maybe changes the value of checks to max 100k, this way, we will get closer to before we got checks and only had piles of 60k but still be able to do safe trading. However storing and trading would be more complicated as the bank max could hold 12,5 mill and your backpack less. Give players a few weeks to split up their 1 mill checks in 100k, after that, changes all leftover 1 mill check to 100k.

If we can get more players, more shops will grow up and items will be easier to get.

5. Without faction items., I would say, without Faction, if we remove Faction, we will get our red PvP players back

This will come if we get more players so we can find each others.

This will come if we get more players so we can find each others.

8. Without so many damn stealthers.. Agree, stealt need a mega nerf, make them show as a shadow if closer than 3-5 tiles and you should be able to attack this shadow and any damage should again unhide them. Make stealt useful vs monsters but not vs players.

Make petballs only work from bankbox or locked down in a house. The tamer can still find his lost pet but not make it jump around.

10. With a vibrant community of people of all backgrounds interacting. This will always be the case on Siege as we are players from the whole world, we are just to few.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, more players here is the number one priority. However, I no longer believe that is possible without some assistance from the Developers. They need to show Siege some love. This does not mean hour upon hour of programming time, just a bit of advertising, promotion and attention.

Unfortunately, they seem totally blinded to the shard, certainly do not understand it, and are not even willing to help us help ourselves. Back in June I sent a letter to Cal Crowner in which I pointed out the shard's plight and pleaded for some help. I included some suggestions for what could be done in this regard. Sadly, he did not reply to it by letter or email - not even a "thanks for your letter, but..." - nor to the brief follow-up I sent. If you are interested, you can see a copy of the letters here. I know the original letter was received as I actually had tacit approval for many of the suggestions from another developer. However, this was withdrawn a couple of days later without any explanation.

Since I sent the letter, nothing has changed on Siege. We have a non-existent EM. The suggestion for a change in ROT, which was overwhelmingly approved by Siege players a long time ago, continues to be totally ignored. The support for a Tenth Anniversary celebration, which would have required hardly any effort from the Devs (we had the events planned ourselves) have been ignored. All this has led to me giving up on UO.

So, more than just making plans for what changes you want to see here, you really need to think of some way to make the Developers actually listen to you. Good luck with that.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be interested to see your plans Kelmo. Don't leave us hanging.

Everyone wants more population and more organized events for NEW, but no one wants to run them.

Hoffs ran several of these, but now that she's burnt out on UO, very few have stepped up to run something like this.

It's time for some other people to step up to the plate and start running some events, if we wait for the EM to step in and help, we might be waiting a long time.

C

Caius of Siege

More populated.

*edit* good luck
How would you go about that? *fishes*
Make it all trammel, make every single available tile of the game world spawn 1 million gold checks at server up, give every customer err I mean player 12,000 hit points, give every customer every single skill at maximum (100/120) as soon as they create their character, just to be on the safe side give all customers a "kill all visible monsters" macro that you just press... no wait it automatically presses itself yes, so everything in view just dies wherever you walk. No chance of our customers getting killed then.

There's the problem of travelling which has the danger of customers getting lost/taking a wrong turn so I say remove all of that. Just have a 100 x 100 tile cube, where it rains 1 million gold checks, all monsters spawn there (and instantly die so there's no danger of them attacking a customer).

Our customers demand MORE and we should give it to them( kinda like a Test Shard++).

S

Sweeney

I'd like a Siege where people that stand up for things they believe in don't get trampled or smothered.. where their ideas and philosophy get the same treatment as everyone.

A place unlike UHall, where an idea for Siege isn't beaten dead into the ground because of a few old-timers say it is new and therefore unwanted.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would like those changes. Something along the lines of "Faction cursed." Maybe have a vendor for the faction gear. Kinda like a reagent vendor but for that particular faction only.
yea i ment "faction cursed "

Famine

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is for the Vet's.. the long term players. People looking for a challenge or to immerse them self in a UO that they remember from days long gone. IT is the holy grail of UO shards and supports one of the oldest "player community" in the game.

A UO veteran though is worn out from the "grind" .... they have done it all. Perhaps ALL but siege, but the thought of grinding up a new character on 0 foundation is definitely not appealing. This is why MOST of the new players to our shard are 1st time UO'ers or very new to the game. The FAST community of Vet players that make up the bulk of the UO player base just don't have the drive or time to STAR ALL OVER AGAIN.

So, if that's the problem... how can we entice them to pick up play on Siege. Lets draft up a few ideas:

1. Siege 'Veteran's Starter Pack":

Depending on the age of your account, when you create a NEW CHARACTER on siege, you will be awarded a starter pack with resources to support start-up on siege. This could range from 1 YEAR giving a minor amount of gold, resources and equipment to a 12 YEAR who could receive a mount, a house deed (or gold that could somehow only be spent on a house placement), gold, resources... perhaps SKILL DEEDS to boost a few skills right out the gate leaving less of an overall grind etc etc..

I believe this idea promotes our shard to veterans of UO, giving them a way to advance to the next level of gaming.. new players ready themselves on a tram based shard.. then, when ready.. they can start on Siege and feel like their time spent is not totally wasted. This may even promote players with old accounts to RE ACTIVATE and build new characters as they get a starter pack. That = More $$ EA! =)

2. Second House Slot:

Offer VET players the ability to place a home on siege without loosing their Home on a tram shard. This will help bring players to the shard knowing they have the possibility of a home without having to buy a second account.

So, there we have a couple of ideas.. let's keep the comments and ideas coming!

Famine
Siege Perilous Museum

S

Sweeney

A winner!

I am going to start with a farm... More later. Dishes beckon.
Since this appears to involve no dev intervention.. this better mean that The Siege Fund (TM) is going to be used.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unfortunetly this is just another siege wish list

sieges biggest problems is these forums, everyone spends more time here then ingame. shut down the boards and actually play the game siege would be just fine.. im not leaving myself outta this im here way to much to

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh but THIS forum also brings folks in to try Siege.

They get to know us a bit better, they see our *board pvp,* in house fights and even our kissing and making up, they see how crazy or nuts we all are, as a group or community, & when/if they *do* like whatever they see here, in all of us, they come here and try Siege !

We need this forum, it is where folks can/do check us out, as a player base of posters, before they even get here or where folks get their interest piqued or *entertained* enough, to come try Siege. This forum is like the tv show CHEERS where everybody gets to know our names/personalities/community & etc.

:thumbup:

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I would love to see a new form of ROT in place. One where it restricts the amount of skill you can gain per 24 hour period. But one that allows us to gain that skill as fast as we want. Within normal means of course. I, like many others that play this game, do not have enough time in the day to spend anywhere from 4-6 hours (if we play without getting out of our chairs) to sit through ROT and get our gains. The system is made for pre-AOS days and needs to be revitalized.

All that needs to be done is time taken out between gains. Keep the cap in, just remove that damn timer. With that fix alone the shard would pick up. More players = Siege as the #1 shard on Ultima Online.

Also, taking this feature out does nothing to detract from making this the "harder" shard as some people say. The best part of playing this shard is the risk of dieing anywhere....sadly a lot of players don't get to enjoy this because it takes an absurdly long time to get to that point :(
Oh definately THIS and especially the bold.
That right there would bring so many here. I don`t see the big deal since you only have one char anyways. Not like you`ll be xp`ing up 7 toons per acc here.

I have never been a fan of that saying "gettin there is half the fun" .... it is not.

E

Essence of Siege

Oh definately THIS and especially the bold.
I've been pushing for this for YEARS. Some people seem to think it makes it 'easy mode,' which I don't understand. Why would you force someone to play or login every few minutes for 6 hours on a daily basis to max your gains on 1 skill?

Granted, work skills together, but we all know how practical that is... NOT. You want your weapon/magery/etc up to it's max first then your secondary can be worked up in conjuction with each other.

There's no reason in my opinion to have the timer between gains, it serves no real purpose, as the daily limit still prevents 'insta-chars.'

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love Siege! There really is something here for everyone - be it crafting, PvM or PvP. I join with others to say that more population would be nice, and a RoT that doesn't involve spending 4 hours a day to get your daily allotment. I'd suggest keeping the 4 minute timer for 70-120, personally. But I'm sure there have been other excellent ideas there, too.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many good ideas already. The ones about changing the power of certain templates don't belong in this thread. The changes that affect Siege specifically are what we need; ways to get people to begin here as well as incentives for veterans to come over.

1. Allow character transfers. However, the transfer can arrive naked and only bring one additional soulstone for each 6 months of account age. This would allow someone to bring soulstones based on their veteran time in game.
2. A way that people joining the game can come directly here without losing the young status. Maybe allow them in one Trammel kind of area.
3. Lowering the prices at NPCs. I never understood why things had to be so much more expensive here.
4. A Siege starter pack, with rewards based on account age.
5. Allow a house on Siege that does not affect houses on other shards.

The point is; Siege is fantastic, but hard to get a start in. Some will say, "that's what makes people here tough." To that I say, "go buy a 100 month old account... they are cheap."

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like a Siege where people that stand up for things they believe in don't get trampled or smothered.. where their ideas and philosophy get the same treatment as everyone.

A place unlike UHall, where an idea for Siege isn't beaten dead into the ground because of a few old-timers say it is new and therefore unwanted.
I agree. A lot of the posts in UHall by Siegers seem to just get beaten down.

More poulation would be nice. Quicker gains to 100 skill level would be nice too. However, I don't see much happening for us by EA.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Those of like play style, but different guilds getting together more. Interaction between player towns. Staged wars...and by staged I do not mean that the outcome is known. Build a scenerio, make a challenge and see how it pans out.

R

RedDaTeef

-Take out RoT
-Allow Transfers
-Same Prices as other shards
-House on Siege does not affect other shards

We've tried it the other way, the "harder" way and this is what we got, a dead shard.

Only change these few things and I bet we would pick right up, ala the old days.
It's just what the people want, at this time.
*wink*

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-Take out RoT
-Allow Transfers

We've tried it the other way, the "harder" way and this is what we got, a dead shard.

Only change these few things and I bet we would pick right up, ala the old days.
*wink*

I don't know about all these "allow transfer" posts. Remember, this is how most of the dupes have taken place. Also by allowing transfers we'll lose Siege only items!! Cant let that happen.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-Take out RoT
-Allow Transfers

*wink*
-Transfers with stipulations (naked only)
-I don't like lowering prices. I like having to buy things from players instead of NPCs.
- Housing or SOME sort of rental/storage/etc.

Good start.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tranfers out would be naked as well. That way we don't lose anything unique to our shard.

B

Black magick

A Siege:

1. With honor.
1. Siege is in essence war, use what tactics you can to your advantage. There are thieves and murderers here, honor begone.
2. There's too many advantages to being blue to have this even be a viable wish, even though I can't keep a char that can fight blue hehe
3. Like Freelsy said, people who work harder will always have more.
4. People were afraid to die in GM armor... I think Arden's post a while back covered this (people hating to lose)
5. As has been said, imbuing if not join factions.
6. This is already in place, its just that many will attack others upon sight.
7. Fight to win, fight to kill, fight for the fight, or don't fight at all.
8. Its a tactical advantage for those who can't play anything else and kill effectively.
9. Overpowered 1v1 or if you are good even 1v5 heh, never gonna happen.
10. Already have it.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing does not balance out faction arties. Since its expensive to imbue items, and if you die anyone can use them. Faction arties are better then the real deal. I think making them useable by anyone in factions is a good idea. This will stop the buy backs, which will force people to go out and farm more silver, thus more action.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*interjects* I am typing a wall of text that will make Miranda cry... (QZ for you noobs)

If we allow transfers, do they keep the other 5 to 7 characters? Would that transfered character allotment just disapear? Would they be able to transfer a character and have an open slot on their home shard?

Think hard on this one Siege... Transfer is not an acceptable answer for me. You want to play with those folk, you know where they play.

B

Black magick

You can only transfer one character. So that character would take the Siege spot, and just like normal transfers a spot would be open in place of where they came from. Different rule set, if we wanted to play with them on their rule set we would, we want to play on ours.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*interjects* I am typing a wall of text that will make Miranda cry... (QZ for you noobs)

If we allow transfers, do they keep the other 5 to 7 characters? Would that transfered character allotment just disapear? Would they be able to transfer a character and have an open slot on their home shard?

Think hard on this one Siege... Transfer is not an acceptable answer for me. You want to play with those folk, you know where they play.
As it is now on regular shards, a character transfer only moves one character. They others remain behind aand it opens a character slot on that shard.

The point is to be able to play with more people, not send us to play elsewhere. to do that, we need some incentive. The current population loss is too much. I don't think we needs tons of new people, just some.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo please put this high on your list. Remove the skill timer between the caps...I cannot stress this enough! Like I've said so many times. Remove that feature and Siege will be booming with people! Everyone wants to have our play style, they just dont want to take months on building characters!!!!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This thread went off from where I thought and meant it to go. That's OK. I am not waiting for Mythic to care much about Siege. You folks keep throwing those ideas out there. Maybe some will stick...

I am going to build a farm. Hrmm... already said that. I am going to remodel the pub. I will keep the pub part and add a bed and breakfast. One of those player gate gizmos as well. I think you can get to where you want to be, but you WILL have to walk back.

I will get back into character. I will be there. Tending to the things I understand. Simple things. Growing plants. Raising bees, and chicken lizards. Building a barn and a silo. Undecided about a wind mill... I may just enslave a water elemental.

Much of my farm will be open to the pubic. I have many items that generate resources. I will keep my eye open for for more to add. On that thought... Sheep are plentiful in Iantown. *winks*

I am going back to the future. There is only one thing I am good at in this game. That is helping build a community. I say helping because that is what I do. I did not build Iantown. I helped all of the others build it. I did not create the events. I merely managed and took what credit was due.

*puffs on his pipe tosses hat at the rack and misses again*

It is funny how this all turns. When I first stepped on these lands, it was community, small guilds (unless they were the ones slaughtering you), and player towns.

(insert drama of your choice)

Then nothing for a bit. *condenses the next part*

Then Luna. Then big crews. Factions. More luna. (insert lots of trash talk)

More Luna... (insert a random Mythic event here and there and more turnover at the EM position...)

The first event i did (managed) in years was well attended. At least two EMs attended.

*puffs and ponders* Nay. I will not go there.

I will try to do what I can. I will go and settle. Knowing where folks will be will win us more attention.

More later...

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop by my place. I need to get you out to see my castle and show you my rooftop "kick back and drink a pint" spot.

B

Bruin

One thing I don't get about the removing the skill gain timers -

Skill gain is pretty much guaranteed, ie once your timer is up do something and you'll automatically gain. Therefore if the skill timers are removed, theoretically all I'd have to do is cast gate 50 times in a row and i'll gain magery from 70-75 in like 4 minutes without waiting. To me that's too easy. If we get rid of the guaranteed gain, and make the gains random like on prodo shards, then we're basically prodo shards with caps.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My .02..

3 things need to happen froma dev standpoint;

1) Char transfers; you arrive here naked, purged of all murder counts if applicable. The only thing in your bank box is standard Seige start up gear and 3 soulstones. The above forces newcomers to work for something and become part of the community while still having something to work with at a relativly high level. The skills brought to Siege are forfited on the other shard as are any applied power scrolls. This would force people to drop the skills they want to carry over to gm level and force them to actually play the shard to acquire thigns like power scrolls. Most importantly, the transfer is a one way trip.

2) Allow house placemnt on siege but force it to be by the old refresh rules;
people who do not at least log in to refresh thier siege houses will lose them.

3) leave the daily skill gain cap in place but allow someone to get thier cap within an hours play time or so; sort of like power hour used to be but with rot gains instead.

All of the above suggestions would be a huge blood infusion for siege; i think it would get alot of people to try the shard and if we only kept 20 percent of them the changes would be worth it imo.

Now, for what we, as a community, can do.

1) Start selling the shard on other forums. Explain what a difference imbuing makes here and how the skill is very much tailored to the siege rule set.

2) recruit guilds guilds rather than individuals; Help move whole guilds here. There is enough gold amoung us to help.

3) Support a player run town; this includes running the town, running vendors, defending the town, and yes even raiding the town in a classy manner; pretty much we need to get our small population centered somewhere other than the Luna ghettos. Having atown with a bunch of vendors that noone ever hangs out in is pointless.

4) Tone down all the freakin stealth and pets for god's sake; not bashing anyone or guild here. Take pvp back to shown templates for awhile; let newcomers see the kind of fun pvp this shard is capable of creating. If we need to ease up on buy back prices on faction suits to encourage more poeple to play this way then I am all for that as well. Let crafters see that there is a need for thier imbued weapons, jewels, and suits.

the above four things are things WE HAVE CONTROL over; who knows, if we start helping ourselves the devs may start helping us some.

K

Kiwillian

I would say halve the timers and double the daily gain cap. Much quicker and easier to manage and it' still "RoT".

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get rid of Se no more ninjas or Bushido
Get rid of auto log pets. If you log out you should have to go to the stable to claim your pet.
Get rid of instant corpses.
Get rid of Siege bless.
Only thieves or assassins can use stealth.
Get rid of factions and bring back order chaos. All guilds must pick a one.
Removal of private houses
Removal of LRC you need to use regs
Chiv books are cursed tithing points are bound to the book.
A set number of times a bonded pet can be resed before it dies.
The old perma gray system for thieves.
Give reds anti virtues.
More player towns to get rid of fighting in guard zones.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread went off from where I thought and meant it to go. That's OK. I am not waiting for Mythic to care much about Siege. You folks keep throwing those ideas out there. Maybe some will stick...

I am going to build a farm. Hrmm... already said that. I am going to remodel the pub. I will keep the pub part and add a bed and breakfast. One of those player gate gizmos as well. I think you can get to where you want to be, but you WILL have to walk back.

I will get back into character. I will be there. Tending to the things I understand. Simple things. Growing plants. Raising bees, and chicken lizards. Building a barn and a silo. Undecided about a wind mill... I may just enslave a water elemental.

Much of my farm will be open to the pubic. I have many items that generate resources. I will keep my eye open for for more to add. On that thought... Sheep are plentiful in Iantown. *winks*

I am going back to the future. There is only one thing I am good at in this game. That is helping build a community. I say helping because that is what I do. I did not build Iantown. I helped all of the others build it. I did not create the events. I merely managed and took what credit was due.

*puffs on his pipe tosses hat at the rack and misses again*

It is funny how this all turns. When I first stepped on these lands, it was community, small guilds (unless they were the ones slaughtering you), and player towns.

(insert drama of your choice)

Then nothing for a bit. *condenses the next part*

Then Luna. Then big crews. Factions. More luna. (insert lots of trash talk)

More Luna... (insert a random Mythic event here and there and more turnover at the EM position...)

The first event i did (managed) in years was well attended. At least two EMs attended.

*puffs and ponders* Nay. I will not go there.

I will try to do what I can. I will go and settle. Knowing where folks will be will win us more attention.

More later...
Rock on Boss, I'll stop by for a smoke :eyes: