• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What kind of event drops would you like to see?

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure threads like this have been made in the past, but I haven't seen any recently so I figured I would ask what the players would like to see (maybe the EMs will see and take note).

I personally always like vibrant colored items that contrast well against my black gozas, but currently I am wanting some more table EM drops. Specifically I think it would be cool to have some of the bone table graphic as drops. There's a good amount of bone thrones currently but no bone tables. I'd like some complementary tables so that my rings and lanterns aren't just sitting on the floor (hello... fire hazard...)...
So.. EMs if you're listening... all of the EM bone thrones... make a matching bone table.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would love to see a crystal set... as in several crystal drops using different graphics but same hue / similar name. OR... some other type of cohesive set with same graphic but perhaps different colors/names representing different elements? Just any type of set that made sense would be nice. Can use the small graphics, the medium sized graphics, the tall graphics. There's alot you can do with this theme and seems to be one of the graphics that just about every EM uses.

One of the main reasons I got into UO was because of Ultima IV Quest of the Avatar. The story of the virtues was very unique for it's time. Would love to see someone do something that incorporated each of the virtues in a set. For a little while it appeared we were going to get something with those various banners, but it was a true "set". Would love to see anything virtue related drop, but especially if it was a set that touched on all of the virtues (and anti-virtues).

Another idea would be some themes focused on various cities. In example, I am a Trinsic collector, but noticed a number of the other cities don't have as many named EM items. Would be cool to see some of the other cities get some love.

Could throw out plenty of other selfish ideas related to the stuff I collect - cauldrons, dragon themed items, camp fires, fire places, wisps, glowing fragments - in general, I like it any time there is a set that makes sense. Not just the armor, but any other combination of items that work together.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I look at about 6 different qualities to determine an items value (for me at least).

#1 - Graphic ID -
There's so many items that it's impossible for me to put any particular one at the top of the list. It boils down to how it will look on display.
Is the item to big or too small? It really all just depends on an individual's style.
Something else to consider is that some people collect sets (piggys, dolphins, lamp posts ect ect...)

#2 - Hue -
This could be #1. It's THAT important. The hue can literally make or break the value of a great graphic.
Many people set there displays up based on hue alone.

#3 - Name -
For me the name of an item should not be overly descriptive. Keeping it short and simple is best
Doing this while making it pair well with the graphic is the most important part. Bonus points if it's funny or represents an historical event.

#4 - Rarity -
How many were distributed? The more unique the better

#5 - Use -
This could be a number of things. Can it be worn and put on a mannequin or does it have to be locked down. Some items will make an animated effect when double clicked. Some will make a noise. Some will act like a normal item in game, boost your luck, act as a forge, soul forge, anvil ect ect...

#6 - Animated or not -
Not much to say about this one. Some animations look great and some don't. Completely subjective to an individuals taste.
Animated or static plays a small factor for me

As a collector 1 through 3 are the most important. However I have overlooked some really dumb names for a really great pairing of graphic and hue.

Last edited:

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything but armor set drops, really getting old. Also would be nice to see items that actually contain proper English and the use of appropriate nouns. Lastly, might be a stretch, but items with lore related to ultima would be wonderful too.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has always been a tough subject to tackle. As they say, different strokes for different folks. Depending on the level of the collector, their appetites are different. So instead of listing what I want, I thought it would be better to list what most people DON'T want. I really hope EMs and Mesanna read this and even translate to the Asian shard EMs:

1. Please don't reuse hues on the same graphic that has been released before. Pigs are a good example. There are at least 2-3 sets of pigs that have the same hue. Do some research beforehand before creating them.

2. This is directed mostly to Asian shard EMs, stop using the "greater heal" "sparkle" or smoke effect on items. I mean, nearly every freaken item come out of those shards have that effect. Please put something new once in a while, sounds, flame strike, etc... there are so many effects.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I would like to see some EM drops using the "Heads on a spike" that were done of the Devs a little while back. With great artwork when double clicked, not the watered down version the nerfed the original heads to.

Yeah...
I realize that would be a rather large ask as it is not merely rehueing them...
but could use that kind of drop during a Global Arc instead of a single Shard Arc.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’d like to see new pigments drop at EM events.

Patch a system in to easily create 1 use bottles, like the Book of Lore system.

There’s so many hues that can be used too.
I like this idea as a choice for the global events with turn-in rewards such as the Wildfire & Feudal Lords stuff. Each of those have a specific color for the event so it would be cool for one of the chosen rewards to be a pigment of it.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rare's like these in other cool hues and a great name! I also love EM Suits but kinda wish they would complete or accessorize older sets instead of just starting new ones... I feel there's a lot that can be done there instead of just doing a random new set every year

1706473187552.png 1706473222106.png 1706473737132.png 1706473248773.png 1706473405806.png 1706473275452.png 1706473819681.png 1706475021050.png 1706473576737.png 1706474732411.png 1706473352997.png 1706474604272.png 1706473619593.png 1706473461848.png 1706474267479.png 1706474644287.png 1706474462721.png 1706473485112.png 1706473521680.png