• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What kind of Em Rare would you like to see created?

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just been thinking about allot of the recent Em items that have been out there and was just wondering what you would like to see. Seems like allot of items recently are recycled stuff with different colors with your occasional neat item thrown in there. Some of the props they use for the event are the items I would like to see as the drop.
I know everything has to be approved by Mesanna but after all these years of events things need to be spiced up a little. But anyway what would you like to see?

I guess for me it would be something animated, maybe a speckled spell book (black with red specks would look awesome) that rotated once locked down.

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would like to see more furniture. The ebony table was awesome and a good way to display your rares on a rare. Also I would like to see some more uniques drop again, it's been awhile since any new uniques have been introduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am new to the EM world but i feel like there is just tons and tons of statues.

I agree with @Pampa DH more furniture items would be cool

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Pies. Must have more pies.

Some more tables would be nice; not sure if I want more armoires and beds and such though.

I'd also love to see some completely new otherwise unused graphics used.

Finally, I like simple names and sensable hues. One of my favorite examples is the "A Wig Stand". If you didn't know better, you'd think it a server birth. That kind of stuff fits in the world a lot better than a neon gold giant something or other with a crazy long name.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Less color, less reusing a graphic already in game, less drops all together, more unique drops, names and stories that fit uo, more set pieces that fit in with a continuing story line.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Doll house
Dolls
Doll furniture
Dolls
Doll clothing
Dolls
Doll animals
Dolls
you get the picture

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unique items would be cool again. Mesannas events were always fun. One way to make most people happy for example is at some random em event have the em teleport everyone to a isolated area only accessible by em gate, once everyone was there Mesanna could show up and hand everyone a book with a number in it. Everyone there would get a random unique item that coincided with the numbered book . I know it sounds like allot but I think it would promote allot of trading and bartering within the rares community which would be nice. I think it would have to be unannounced though so you wouldn't have 1000 characters there. Maybe do this once or twice a year on random shards

Last edited:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
less reusing a graphic already in game
For sure something with new graphics in a shiny or glacial color, it's all about that nice bling! :thumbup:

I also like the EM Weps, but we need to have better stats on them lol

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unique items are only good in theory. Sure it's nice to get that one item that no one else has, but the 99% of the time when you aren't that lucky winner, it really sucks. Especially these days when people are multiboxing 8+ characters as a job. I'm kinda glad there haven't been any [intentional] unique items in the last few years.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
Unique items are only good in theory. Sure it's nice to get that one item that no one else has, but the 99% of the time when you aren't that lucky winner, it really sucks. Especially these days when people are multiboxing 8+ characters as a job. I'm kinda glad there haven't been any [intentional] unique items in the last few years.
I'm pretty confident Mesanna will refrain from too many (if any) new unique items. I asked her about doing more of her "Dark Queen World Tour" events she ran (6 in total, I think), and she said they are a lot of work and everyone ends up unhappy afterwords. I have the transcript and can post if interested. But it's been three years since the last one, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya multi boxing does throw a snag into it that's for sure. Its to bad, I only won like 2 or 3 unique items since the em program started but it sure was a good feeling. But it does leave you a little sour when you dont get one as well. It would be cool if they could implement maybe one random person getting a unique item at random events along with the other drops, kinda the way it use to be but instead of a corpse drop have it just be a random pack drop. Allot of people dont do events if a shard has already had a event drop and they dont care for the role play and the story, maybe random uniques once a month would increase those events attendance, hell they may get a few people subscribing if they did something like that.I guess there is no easy solution . Hold on to them uniques people.

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glacial rubble steps and squares.

Glacial Mounts

Glacial gold pile

Glacial Boat

Glacial Lantern/clothing

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
here are some unique things I would like to see at events lol
would like to see way less drops, 1 to 3, not 20 40 or more
one char only at events
3 tile insta death around em for people that crowd em and wont move
I like seeing spawn around when boss is up, makes people pay attention and not just sit there attacking boss with 4 or more chars while healing, under buffs, ect
more power for ems to remove people that disrupt event and wont stop
devs/gm show up hidden to see the spam chat crash and other activities that go on at events.
I know none of these will happen but would be nice

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here are some unique things I would like to see at events lol
would like to see way less drops, 1 to 3, not 20 40 or more
one char only at events
3 tile insta death around em for people that crowd em and wont move
I like seeing spawn around when boss is up, makes people pay attention and not just sit there attacking boss with 4 or more chars while healing, under buffs, ect
more power for ems to remove people that disrupt event and wont stop
devs/gm show up hidden to see the spam chat crash and other activities that go on at events.
I know none of these will happen but would be nice
Some great ideas there, I like the Em insta death, let the Em be able to toglle that off and on, one or two warnings then fire it up. And of course the one character only.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I want to see an event mailbox in a cool color, the regular one is boring looking so i don't use them. Also, any big flashy sexy pixels that melt the underwear off the viewer.
It certainly would be hard to beat an underwear melting glacial mailbox. Hopefully they pay a little more attention to spelling than they normally do though. "Restless's Male Box (20)" invokes all kinds of unpleasant images.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All of the above. Shard bound.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of the above. Shard bound.
so what shards EM programs would you eliminate when theres only 0 to 10 people there for events? what would be the minimum number of players at an event in your mind to rationalize the cost to Broadsword for that shards EM?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like to get an item with the mailbox function, but a different graphic. i cant use a mailbox in my house because the art just doesnt fit (too sharp and bulky)

also event items with the gravestone graphic. theres only 2 currently and ones very small, just a marker.

In general, items with the EM name, shard name, real life year or date, or whos name isnt noun or noun phrase are from RP / game immersion standpoint "bad / undesireable" items for a very large portion of rare collectors.

example:
"off with there heads" - bad. does not directly name the item.
"the severed head of a traitor" - good. briefly names the item in a noun phrase.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JUST just just one requset

Clickys or All drops...... please...... so everyone can enjoy and nobody gets upset....simple enough- happy happy events with no more hostilty

*puts tin hat on*....whatever!!!!!!....you know it rings true and makes sense

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a dedicated crafter I would like some crafter related type items.. I would love love love to see some cool anvils and some smithy hammers. I would prob sell off half my collection for a anvil < 3..

Maybe a few carpenter and tailor related items.
It was said allready but I'll second it, more tables and furniture would def be cool.
Like a whole series of tables made from different wood and colors..
And of course any nature or water related items .I would like to see some kind of tackle box

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In general, items with the EM name, shard name, real life year or date, or whos name isnt noun or noun phrase are from RP / game immersion standpoint "bad / undesireable" items for a very large portion of rare collectors.

example:
"off with there heads" - bad. does not directly name the item.
"the severed head of a traitor" - good. briefly names the item in a noun phrase.
yes, I hate items that break the 4th wall. last year's Sonoma anniversary party gave "a blood stained cloak obtained at Willow's anniversary party" which is fine to me because willow could be anyone. this year on Sonoma they gave "burnt beef from EM Willows 2nd year anniversary party" .... just putting the EM in there totally ruins the item for me because it labels willow as an event moderator. the new origin "I survived Osiredon's Revenge" flower just makes no sense, why not something like "A Coral Bouquet Recovered from Osiredon"?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
so what shards EM programs would you eliminate when theres only 0 to 10 people there for events? what would be the minimum number of players at an event in your mind to rationalize the cost to Broadsword for that shards EM?
I would eliminate none. I would let the EM program do what it was meant to do enhance the level of game experience for a Shard. A Shard that is sometimes not Atlantic.

I would see how this plays out over time as the Shards figure out their EM stuff is not being hauled off to auction. I would feel comfortable after a year or so of Shard bound EM items to set up a system where experienced EMs would be matched with Shards that suit their talents and natures. Some Shards would be naturals as training or beginner spots.

Some Shards might get a rookie EM that falls in love with that Shard. That is a good thing. As Shards find the perfect EM (or vice versa) the positions will fill.

You asked.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would eliminate none. I would let the EM program do what it was meant to do enhance the level of game experience for a Shard. A Shard that is sometimes not Atlantic.

I would see how this plays out over time as the Shards figure out their EM stuff is not being hauled off to auction. I would feel comfortable after a year or so of Shard bound EM items to set up a system where experienced EMs would be matched with Shards that suit their talents and natures. Some Shards would be naturals as training or beginner spots.

Some Shards might get a rookie EM that falls in love with that Shard. That is a good thing. As Shards find the perfect EM (or vice versa) the positions will fill.

You asked.
I believe all the shards are enhanced by the em program not just Atlantic, so not sure where you are going with that?. Not sure if you have been around but there are rares that stay on shards besides Atlantic. Come to Pac if you want to see mine, Go to GL if yo want to see Orcs, Go to LA if you want to see Restles and Stryders, I can go on and on. Most collectors enjoy cross shard collecting. What you propose would take all desire out of collecting for me personally.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
When your desire to collect "things" diminishes and you want to talk about communities... Well, that deserves it's own discussion.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When your desire to collect "things" diminishes and you want to talk about communities... Well, that deserves it's own discussion.
The community part of it is that you get to do the event with your friends on your shard. The item being shardbound makes you the one making it about the "things". Atl happens to be the trading hub, most things end up there, get sold, and taken to many other places. Keeping things shard specific hurts the game's commerce which is bad.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
The rares people collect "things", the deco people build "things", the wheelers-n-dealers sell "things", the PvM'ers and PvP'ers kill "things". All are communities, even if you personally don't happen to have any interest in the "things" they do.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You asked.

You are assuming that is what they were for....

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the start of the game there has been a desire to collect things, they implemented into the game with dailys, then increased it with seers, now Em's. Thats my part of the game that I enjoy as well as many others. If you enjoy the hanging at a pub role playing aspect of it with your community gatherings and such then by all means have at it. Anyway weren't we talking about what we would like to see for Em drops?

Last edited:

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I would love to have one of those little tornadoes that have the lightning bolts inside. That would be nice!

Oh also maybe a bucket! I have always loved the bucket graphic.

Last edited:

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Just been thinking about allot of the recent Em items that have been out there and was just wondering what you would like to see. Seems like allot of items recently are recycled stuff with different colors with your occasional neat item thrown in there. Some of the props they use for the event are the items I would like to see as the drop.
I know everything has to be approved by Mesanna but after all these years of events things need to be spiced up a little. But anyway what would you like to see?

I guess for me it would be something animated, maybe a speckled spell book (black with red specks would look awesome) that rotated once locked down.
I would like to see a huge Mesanna hued vase with the following label... "A phylactery containing the tainted souls of greedy collectors and adventurous fools". When you click on it, it says "You feel your soul being drawn into the phylactery..." then a magical explosion animation appears.

Event that would drop this item....One day, an evil necromancer devises a phylactery that can imprison the soul of anyone who touches it. All over Britannia there are rumors of strange disappearances and mysterious goings on. After much running around, goose chasing, talking to npcs, and solving clues one finds the lair of the evil necromancer. The evil guy, wisely puts the phylactery out where everyone can see it and a sign out that says "very fragile, don't touch!"

Because we can't keep our hands off of shiny things, especially when there is a sign that says "don't touch"...Everyone's soul gets sucked into the phylactery and now you are now trapped with all the souls of the necromancer's victims. One of the spirits in the phylactery wants to escape with you and drops some hints on how you can escape by weakening the phylactery's magic.

Next you battle through deviously designed maze, reminiscent of the Fade from Dragon Age, with lots of traps, trick teleports, hidden areas, slippery ledges, poison, and really annoying mobs. Should you make your way to the end first you can attempt to shatter the phylactery's dark crystal walls, to breach the phylactery's magic long enough to escape. The first one out, who happened to bring along super sized oven mitts or plate mail gloves, can pick up the phylactery keep it.

Last edited: