• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What just happend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mookin1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry for not wanting to play the game the way you think I should

[/ QUOTE ]It appears that you don't want to play the game the way it is SUPPOSED to be played and the way you AGREED to play it when you opened your account. Blaming anyone else for your mistake is fruitless. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming anyone and everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bother to read your whole post so now I need to reply again, How am I blaming anyone else for anything? Please do elaborate.

G

Well, with that attitude and training method, you'll be lucky to get said character trained before you collect a perma-ban.

Wenchy

G

Cool your jets right now ... I mean it.

You cheated ... used a method of raising skills that is NOT approved nor allowed. Get the heck over it and your attitude.

Play the game as you have agreed to do, or simply walk the heck outta the door over there and don't come back. By using the UO client you have given implicit agreement to ToS and RoC and anything else you care to have EA toss at you.

<font color=red>The preceding was brought to you by the player who never got his butt yanked to jail for stupidity</font color=red>

C

Connor_Graham

"It doesn't really matter how long it's been fully developed for"

Actually it does. If you're a new player, then the "developed for ages" is false, or at the VERY least, intentionally misleading. If you're not a new player, then the "I'm a new player" is false.

Either way, you just sent your credibility down the tubes with that statement.

I think you've already realized that coming to UHall looking for sympathetic ears was a HUGE mistake.

M

mookin1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

"my character has been fully developed for ages"

Uh, you told us you were a new player. So what's it gonna be? New player or "ages"????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm with you on that one Connor... thought we had a bona fide (young) player here judging by the posts and he's a vet? I bet he's that guy who ran up to me on a white polar bear askin me how to use a tailor repair deed!

Safe Travels, Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not hard to understand, I started playing UO about 10 years ago when it first came out, probably before most of you even heard of it, i played until about age of shadows came out and then quit because the game changed into something that I didn't like. Now many years later, i'm giving it another try, there's two reasons why I ask so many questions, the first is I haven't played for years, i've forgotten some things, the second is the game has changed a lot so obviously I wouldn't know about all the new stuff.

M

mookin1

<blockquote><hr>

Actually it does. If you're a new player, then the "developed for ages" is false, or at the VERY least, intentionally misleading. If you're not a new player, then the "I'm a new player" is false.

Either way, your credibility just went down the tubes with that statement.

I think you've already realized that coming to UHall looking for sympathetic ears was a HUGE mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I couldn't care less, this has at least given me some entertainment, i'm sure some of you are thinking the same thing, i'm glad for those of you that do.

G

Sheesh! What a crappy attitude you have.

The way you choose to " get the skill up as quickly as possible" IS breaking the rules and THAT is the problem. Check the faq's on the professions forum. There are many tips on how to raise skills efficiently and within the rules of the game. *shakes head*

Personally I smell a troll.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I couldn't care less, this has at least given me some entertainment, i'm sure some of you are thinking the same thing, i'm glad for those of you that do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, so you don't deny the fact that you intentionally made a false and/or misleading statement(s).

Yep, I don't even Roto Rooter could get that credibility back for ya.

And to think, I've been helping you in the other forums for a couple of weeks now thinking you were a new player.

Fool me once, shame on you....I think you know how the rest goes...

M

mookin1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, so you don't deny the fact that you intentionally made a false and/or misleading statement(s).

Yep, I don't even Roto Rooter could get that credibility back for ya.

And to think, I've been helping you in the other forums for a couple of weeks now thinking you were a new player.

Fool me once, shame on you....I think you know how the rest goes...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't really call it help, more like bad advice, the entire bushido thing was a waste of time and i've came up with a far better build that I thought up myself, with an interesting twist that allows me to put out some truly huge damage. I've asked more questions yet it seems unless it's bushido related you don't really care to answer, so all in all, thanks for nothing.

F

Fayled Dhreams

ah! not a new player ...

got it alllll figured out now

next!
*click*

W

Wolfthistle

Lets see... Little of this

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Little of that...

<blockquote><hr>

I understand the situation perfectly, some people have just have really crappy lives, most likely their own doing, and you need to at least try to make others feel crappy in order for you to feel good about yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see, and constantly arguing in U.Hall when you could just ignore it proves you care.

Constantly using bad attitude proves that you need to make others feel crappy in order to feel good about yourself...

Glad to know about your... erm... situation...

R

Redrum1

What I see this coming down to is this. This person feels that as long as he does his unattendd macroing for only a few min. it should not be cheating. Even though any unattended macroing for ANY amount of time is illegial per the rules he agreed to when he started the game way back when. And further more, since he is a returning vet and does not know the new aspects of the game, he does not need to learn them becasue he gets a pass for being a vet. It is just his way of playing the game and he should be left to his own on that. For just that very reason the person that truned you in should have nothing said about him, he is just playing the game as he feels it should be played. One plays with integrity, one, not so much. When you play within the Rules you never have to worry about being looked at in the wrong light. At anytime someone can come up to me and ask me what i am doing and they are going to get a responce. Then they know I am at my computer playing the game, not letting my computer play it for me. You took a chance and got caught. There is no time table for how long you can macro unattended. So in the legel sense you cheated. And right now you will get no one here to feel sorry for you. Just take this into consideration and I hope you think twice about leaving the computer again while playing.

M

mookin1

<blockquote><hr>

Lets see... Little of this

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Little of that...

<blockquote><hr>

I understand the situation perfectly, some people have just have really crappy lives, most likely their own doing, and you need to at least try to make others feel crappy in order for you to feel good about yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see, and constantly arguing in U.Hall when you could just ignore it proves you care.

Constantly using bad attitude proves that you need to make others feel crappy in order to feel good about yourself...

Glad to know about your... erm... situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

I care for my entertainment, this I consider enterainment, so in that sense, yes I must care to a degree.

Using bad attitude = make myself feel good? I'll have some of what your smoking, actually no I won't, I don't smoke. I've been called all sorts in this thread by various different people, sorry if my attitude is not to your liking.

C

Connor_Graham

"I wouldn't really call it help, more like bad advice"

Hmm. You asked the questions, I gave you accurate answers to those questions.

Sounds more to me like the questions are the ones in "question".

"I've asked more questions yet it seems unless it's bushido related you don't really care to answer"

Maybe that's because I'm smart enough NOT to answer questions that I'm not sure I have the correct and accurate information about hmm?

I'm also smart enough NOT to have recieved any marks on my account from unattended macroing or any other illegal action, otherwise known as "cheating" or "breaking the rules".

I'm also smart enough NOT to make a post in UHall looking for sympathy because I got caught doing something illegal, then turning around and insulting everyone when they don't give me said sympathy.

"thanks for nothing"

You're welcome. Glad to be of no help.

W

Wolfthistle

<blockquote><hr>

sorry if my attitude is not to your liking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apology accepted. Now don't do it again

M

mookin1

Actually I read the rules of conduct, there's nothing in it about unattended macroing.

http://www.uo.com/conduct.html

But i'm sure one of you will manage to dig up something somewhere that states it's not allowed.

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

How am I blaming anyone else for anything? Please do elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]Did you not blame EA? That is how I interpreted it, forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong.

It's really very simple. You didn't abide by the rules. You got caught. You paid the price. Coming here to whine about it seems silly, in my opinion.

You have argued with just about everyone who said you shouldn't have done it if you didn't want to get caught. You whined about having to raise the skills the SAME way everyone else has to. You cheated and I seriously doubt you are going to get much sympathy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.