• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What just happend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mookin1

I was at brit bank with the key held down for last spell casting the same spell over and over in order to get some gains and my character was moved to some small room with many moongates leading to various towns, what just happend?

G

All I can think of is that you cast recall and hit a rune somehow.

I

imported_Sarphus

If you had something holding the key down and weren't watching the screen, a GM probably moved you to the unattended macroing room...

I'm pretty sure GM's always try to talk to you before they move you like that.

M

mookin1

Jail? I was able to walk right out, yes I had the key held down and wasn't looking at the screen briefly and when I did look at it I was in a small room with moongates.

Someone must have reported me for macroing or something, how god damn lame is that.

C

Connor_Graham

Looks like the GM's are doing their jobs.

Guess you were watching the wrong screen huh?

G

Aye. It's the macro room.

They may even send you a warning email, but since you walked right out, there's clearly no problem.

Just be careful. If you hadn't been there, you could have been temporarily or permanently banned.

M

mookin1

How lame of someone is that though? I wondered why some guy kept looking toward me, standing next to me etc for ages, I bet it was him. Trying to get players warned and banned at any cost, does he want the game to lose players or what? It's not like UO can afford to lose players...

M

mookin1

I did get the warning email, however I read that they will put you into the macro room, try to speak with you again, and then kick you from the game if you don't respond and warn you. However I was not kicked, i left the macro room myself without being logged out and I saw no chat from a GM. Why do I still have a warning for this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had the key held down and wasn't looking at the screen briefly and when I did look at it I was in a small room with moongates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "briefly"?

-Skylark

G

Unattended macroing is illegal in UO, players are perfectly entitled to report a player they suspect of this. Cheating has driven away numerous UO players, so it should be reported. So rather than blaming the player who paged on you, take it as a warning and don't do it again. You got off lightly this time

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was at brit bank with the key held down for last spell casting the same spell over and over in order to get some gains

[/ QUOTE ]
You probably annoyed someone at the bank with the spell spam. Why would you not train at your house or anywhere besides the most busy location on the shard?

M

mookin1

I was actually quite a bit down from the bank and out of the way intentionally so spell spam wouldn't get in the way, the bank wasn't really in view and neither were any players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why would you not train at your house or anywhere besides the most busy location on the shard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the activity at the bank will keep an unattended macroer logged more easily than in a secluded location? Methinks the "victim" is not telling the whole story. This is the internet after all, land of lies and non-accountability...

M

mookin1

It's a bad thing when you can't jam the key down and look away from the screen for 5 minutes without getting a warning on your account.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Sorry ...new here / to the game ... as you may be ...

YOU were the lame one ...
A) Mashed key unattended macroing ... in a populated area ...

B) Complaining HERE about getting "unjustly actioned" ... for a (here) Clear Case of rule breaking ...

C) NOT realizing that A and B were/are lame ... tsk! poor thing ... your about to learn that not only was the lameness
YOURs
but that public humiliation IS ONLY ONE ASPECT of how badly this just screwed you up ...

D) Your character and ACCOUNT ... are now what is called "marked"
The "Mark" consists of a permanent notation that one of your account characters WAS actioned for Un attended macroing
... That you were not: disconnected and left to find on the next log in, that you had been moved to the macro room ...
ONLY means that you just used up your first "warning" (that the boards know about ... GM marks/notes, about an account, ARE NOT "open to reveiw")

From this time forward, at the GM's/EAs discretion/choice .... the Next time ... for whatever infraction
You ARE subject to
Increasing levels of "action"
From Same
To disconected (kicked) and warned
To disconnected and warned and suspended (1-3 days can't log in)
To full on banned .... account never can log in again , maybe with a nice apology letter and promise to not repeat any violations ... get permission to log in with account again.

To the Acme Pinnacle of lameness:
"Unjustly Bannzored" and complaining about it on the boards with threats and promises of "Sueing" ...

THATS how god dam lame this is ...

Saddle up for SnR ride
&lt;----
Yeeee HAAAAA !!!

M

mookin1

It's bad for your health to sit at a computer aswell as stare at the screen for periods of time without breaks, and with how simple it is to raise skills (use last spell) then jam the key down with a penny, they can't expect people to not do this sometimes.

UO - bad for your health, sponsored by EA.

M

mookin1

Oh come of it, a good majority of players probably have at some point unattended macroed (held down a key with something and stopped looking at the screen for over a minute).

Perhaps gaining skills should be more involving than just holding down a key.

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

It's bad for your health to sit at a computer aswell as stare at the screen for periods of time without breaks, and with how simple it is to raise skills (use last spell) then jam the key down with a penny, they can't expect people to not do this sometimes.

UO - bad for your health, sponsored by EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as you now know, it is bad for your account to jam a key down and leave...

G

By the rules - if you want to take a break - you log out of the game. So simple.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How lame of someone is that though? I wondered why some guy kept looking toward me, standing next to me etc for ages, I bet it was him. Trying to get players warned and banned at any cost, does he want the game to lose players or what? It's not like UO can afford to lose players...

[/ QUOTE ]

regardless of if you where there or not, spamming at the bank is uncool,
even though tons of people do it to advertise their junk for sale , smamming spells is more annoying because it clouds your screen and makes tons of sounds.
Thais is probably why you got moved, and no I don't page on people for that , or anything for that matter.

D

DVDA

Weird...this is case number 2 i've heard of this....

I guy at Luna bank was in a death shroud looking to buy already "skilled out" UO account, he said he was caught unattended marcoing.

Maybe GMs are starting to care?

G

&lt;laughs&gt; Unattended? You been busted, dude! They took you to jail and watched as you toon continued to cast and cast and cast. A GM came to call, you failed to respond and &gt;poof&lt;, you are gone!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Players are very frustrated with cheating right now. If they think you're cheating, they will report you. If you were watching, why didn't you "briefly" lift the key and type "Hi! How are you doing today?" Would've avoided all problems...

G

&lt;laughing mightily&gt;

This made me chuckle even more than the OP note! Thank you ... today has been a h**l of a week so far.

I

imported_SUNCHICKEN

What i dont understand is all these people unattending at yew gate to burn counts.
They may not be doing anything skillwise, but they are doing a benifical act by burning counts. They need to be either booted off the server like when you sit in your house doing nothing. Or they need to be warned.
Progressing your characters/accounts while being afk is illegal

C

Connor_Graham

"It's bad for your health to sit at a computer aswell as stare at the screen for periods of time without breaks"

So take a break. Just log out first, which isn't too much to ask. Why should you earn something in game, whether that be skill points, resources, gold, or anything else, when you're not there?

"and with how simple it is to raise skills (use last spell) then jam the key down with a penny, they can't expect people to not do this sometimes."

Actually, yes, they do. It's stated in the TnC that you agreed to that they expect this very thing. If you decide not to abide by it, and get caught, then it's on you with no one to blame but yourself.

"UO - bad for your health, sponsored by EA."

Wrong. YOU deciding to sit at your computer long enough to cause health problems is bad for your health. EA doesn't force you to sit in front of your computer so long your bladder bursts. Wanting to continue to gain in the game in any way when you're not there actually performing the actions is cheating, plain and simple. There is no excuse or justification for it.

I

imported_Prince Erik

<blockquote><hr>

Oh come of it, a good majority of players probably have at some point unattended macroed (held down a key with something and stopped looking at the screen for over a minute).

[/ QUOTE ]

To use an analogy ... a policeman doesn't care that the majority of people on the highway are speeding at any given time. When the radar gun swings in your direction you pay the ticket.

Secondly, nobody is forcing you to use the less involving method of key mashing spells to gain magery. You could always do something more constructive to gain your skills by putting them to use in more fun ways. The gains will be slower of course, but it would be less boring and er... less hazardous to your health (or account). I'm trying to get legendary peacing on a char right now but instead of standing at the bank area peacing using the key mash approach I've been slowly gaining in destard helping to peace super dragons for people to tame. I could probably have gained 10 pts of magery res'ing people as well had I not had it locked.

-P.E.

G

Were you training necro opposite WBB on Europa? If so, I saw ya.

And while I did not report you, the few times I nipped in over the course of the day to spam "Buying White Stuffies," well, if it was obvious to me, it certainly would have been every bit as obvious to anyone else visiting WBB.

Obvious enough that a GM hoiked you off to Macro Room.

Go on! Click my eggs!

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

"...does he want the game to lose players or what?"

No.

He wants the game to lose cheaters.

He did the right thing.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the laugh, really needed one today, after the crap day at work

To the OP, you break the rules, you pay the price. so suck it up and move on, you are if you have any sense, more wiser now.

I

imported_Cyrah

oh well, not to be rude but my friend who moved on to TR and beyond did same as you did. The location was so he would not time out. He also used Luna bank. Hope you are ok now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps gaining skills should be more involving than just holding down

[/ QUOTE ]

Just when i dont think the player base could get any worse, this happens and rewnews my faith. You got busted for unattended macroing and you want sympathy from the uhall crowd? LoL. Good luck, take that penny and buy yourself a clue dude.

On a side note, at least you used a penny and not a program...

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] I have never used unattended macroing,and never will. I pay to play UO and to not cheat as you did. You are not a "victim" in this case. You agreed to the ToS when you loaded the game so don't cry when you get busted for being unattended.

W

Wolfthistle

Here all this time I thought the GM's didn't care. Turns out we've just never had anyone... erm... special enough to come tell us about it before! Go GM's!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a crazy idea... if you want to build skills then PLAY THE GAME!!! Go hunt monsters and cast spells... you'll build skill more quickly than just sitting and spamming the SAME spell all the time. Plus, you might actually learn more about the game and interact with other players... thus getting answers to those burning questions you are always posting here.

Safe Travels, Sam

M

mookin1

Oh yes, so many questions would have been answered if only I had spent every second of my time at the keyboard as I trained Spirit Speak. Thank you oh wise and wonderful Sam the scribe.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didnt even read my post did you... by "playing the game" I dont mean bank sitting and spamming SS, I mean going out, fighting something, casting some spells and taking damage. Casting SS to heal... you could even get a couple folks to go with you... well... maybe not you... but most folks could find some friends pretty easy in this game.

Come to think of it... I understand why you spend your time alone spamming spells.

*tosses mookin a fresh penny*

Safe Travels, Sam

M

mookin1

Why would I want to go out and waste my time killing lower end stuff when my character has been fully developed for ages? I'm simply altering my template by removing one skill and getting another. Spirit speak itself is useless to my build, the only reason I need it is so wraith form will leech more mana, of which then i'm off to doom. So no thanks, i'd rather not waste my time killing low end stuff and using spirit speak to heal when infact i'm a tamer archer with chivalry. Sorry for not wanting to play the game the way you think I should, but if I want to train spirit speak up as quickly as possible so I can move onto better things, I will do just that.

As for friends, I play this game with my girlfriend who I live with.

C

Connor_Graham

"my character has been fully developed for ages"

Uh, you told us you were a new player. So what's it gonna be? New player or "ages"????

G

Some people LIVE to report/ban players. They post non stop on the boards. If you cuss, harass, make a mistake, they are all over you... Its the highlight to a very stale game for them.

G

You totally lost any slight sympathy you may've had from me with your totally crappy attitude displayed in your last two posts.

You cheated, you got caught, get over it.

And how is going out and killing low end monsters, that you will at least gain some gold etc from, more of a waste of time than sitting uselessly spamming crap at a bank?

M

mookin1

It doesn't really matter how long it's been fully developed for, the fact is it is fully developed and i'm swapping out one skill for another, as fast as possible preferably so I can get onto more endgame stuff, this is perfectly reasonable.

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry for not wanting to play the game the way you think I should

[/ QUOTE ]It appears that you don't want to play the game the way it is SUPPOSED to be played and the way you AGREED to play it when you opened your account. Blaming anyone else for your mistake is fruitless. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming anyone and everyone else.

M

mookin1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry for not wanting to play the game the way you think I should

[/ QUOTE ]It appears that you don't want to play the game the way it is SUPPOSED to be played and the way you AGREED to play it when you opened your account. Blaming anyone else for your mistake is fruitless. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming anyone and everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

We wern't arguing over the fact that I broke a rule, we were arguing over how I chose to raise a skill, apparently I am a bad person because I would rather get the skill up as quickly as possible.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

"my character has been fully developed for ages"

Uh, you told us you were a new player. So what's it gonna be? New player or "ages"????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm with you on that one Connor... thought we had a bona fide (young) player here judging by the posts and he's a vet? I bet he's that guy who ran up to me on a white polar bear askin me how to use a tailor repair deed!

Safe Travels, Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.