• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is ...

P

Polly

your favourite thing to do in game so far?

How do you spend your time in SL and what are you enjoying the most?

Been to any great live music shows? Or maybe you've been to a movie show? Are you addicted to shopping? If so what is your poison? Shoes, hair, fish, gestures, strange creations that you will probably never use? Have you made anything yet or have you been so busy partying that you hadn't notice the "create a prim" option? Are you spending more time in photoshop designing something to wear then actually ingame playing?

What feature in SL do you think is the best thing since sliced bread? The graphics, the ability to create crazy crazy skies when you feel like it, actually being able to voice chat with your friends? Being able to be a busty 8 foot blonde one minute, or a small furry animal the next?

What are you loving about SL?

Polly

G

groovybear

My number one favorite has to be the shopping. I can spend hours and hours shopping in this game. Although after recently discovering the voice chat, it is slowly taking over as my favorite thing to do/ or about second life.

D

debslee

My fav things to do are:

1. Shopping for exquisite ballgowns.

2. Hanging out at Franks Jazz Club and dancing with a handsome man till sunrise.

3. Hanging out with Niki at our stunning beach house (Thanks to Alex!)

4. Seeing all my TSO friends there - WOOT!

In the words of that fast food franchise "Im lovin' it"

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm into interior design. This gives me a solid excuse to shop! :D Of course it also helps me look cool when my friends ask me where they can find specific things, like just the perfect dress for a big party. ;)

I plan to learn to build more, it seems like so much fun!

I also enjoy live music alot, its one of my passions to seek out new singers. (new to me anyway) I give those folks alot of credit for being willing to sing live that way. Gotta be scary at first!

I love rezzable lots and am always looking for ones I havent seen yet. Greenies and the Underwater maze are my faves. There are quite a few of them so if you havent seen them look them up! I like to wander around SL looking for fun and unusual things to do.

I second Debs motion I love SL!

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny, you'd think as much time as I spend at slingo I'd have thought to mention that!

K

Katheryne

I love shopping, especially for new hair and clothes! I also enjoy building furniture and various other household items, and am currently learning more about scripting. But, mainly, I love just hanging out with my "family" and being silly :)

W

Wyld Cherry

DANG IT, I like Slingo, I hate the darn devil, always taking my money. But its all good tho lol

I would have to say building, scripting and shopping is all my favorite

SORRY I have to many to say that are my favorite lol

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slingo players should stop and visit me at Maganda when I'm hosting. Just watch for my spam!

Speaking of spam, am I the only one who still has a negative feeling about that due to TSO? It just feels wrong, but everyone says no one in SL minds and everyone expects it. *shrugs*

W

Wyld Cherry

Slingo players should stop and visit me at Maganda when I'm hosting. Just watch for my spam!

Speaking of spam, am I the only one who still has a negative feeling about that due to TSO? It just feels wrong, but everyone says no one in SL minds and everyone expects it. *shrugs*
I'll come by Maganda when I can and see if I fit it into my Picks too :p

I see what you mean by the spam, but there is a group called TSO Refugee, I think I am part of that, not so sure tho. I have to check lol

K

Katheryne

I get a lot of spam, being part of a number of groups, but I don't really mind it.

I think one of the key differences is the tactic - how you end up being on the list of recipients. In TSO, many people resorted to "drive-by" spamming, where they arrive on a lot to either spam everyone directly or to harvest names for later spamming. In SL, you only get group notices if you're part of a group; and even then, you still have the ability to turn off the group notices.

U

ursula cinquetti

I love the live music in SL, listening to performers all around the world, hosting them, etc. I used to love hosting a game called Quintzee, but I haven't been able to figure out if it fits under the gambling ban or not.

(and I don't know where the smilies are in this forum :/ )

K

Katheryne

You'll see them when you click the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the thread, rather than the Quick Reply button. Or, you could click "Go Advanced". :)

P

Polly

Ooh yes, I love the live music events too, so far all the ones I've been to have been really awesome.

Polly

U

ursula cinquetti

Looks left... blank screen. Looks right...blank screen. I seriously don't have smilies. :(( Do I have to upgrade something?

F

Flippers

Niki: Have you been to Tiny Kingdom? It's a Japanese island of tiny shops, but the Greenies are there in force.

Greenies home is a must for anyone new who needs to fine tune their flying skills.

I dont have a lot of money, so shopping is out. But I like window shopping. I've checked out some pretty amazing garden and prefab places.

I like exploring. I have often just wandered via the map (I did the land flying thing already) and checked out places based on their names - both mainland and private islands.

I also like using the search for corporate islands. Weather Channel Island is still my favorite. Then the odd Linden location, like the ferry between two continents which stops at an oil platform in the water.

I like building. I can't script unfortunately, but I can tweak or adapt the simpler ones.

I dont much care for live music, when one can just stream their favorite genre at home. I guess if ELO reunited in Second Life I'd be there.

I like exploring art. The Photo Gallery in Grignano, or even the Bayjou's featured Machinima are fun places to visit.

Last but not least: 7 Seas Fishing! yayyyyyy!

P

Polly

Looks left... blank screen. Looks right...blank screen. I seriously don't have smilies. :(( Do I have to upgrade something?
Urs,

Go to your control panel (user CP) top left of screen. Then pick edit options, scroll all the way down to the bottom until you get to Miscellaneous options:

"Message Editor Interface - When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately."

You probably have basic set, I've got mine on the 3rd wysiwyg option. When replying here, I can see a list of smilies on the right hand side, then I can click more and find things like this: :heart: :heart:

Polly

K

Katheryne

I dont have a lot of money, so shopping is out. But I like window shopping. I've checked out some pretty amazing garden and prefab places.
I love shopping too, whenever I have the money to do so - mainly clothing or hair. But I also love window-shopping, as it gives me ideas for my furniture designs.
I also like using the search for corporate islands. Weather Channel Island is still my favorite.
Oh, I LOVE Weather Channel Island -- Especially the surfing! Just don't ask me to drive a boat unless you are a really good swimmer and don't mind getting wet (and seasick).

I like building. I can't script unfortunately, but I can tweak or adapt the simpler ones.
I'm pretty much the same way, but I'm learning the scripting language.
I guess if ELO reunited in Second Life I'd be there.
MY SOULMATE!!!!

Last but not least: 7 Seas Fishing! yayyyyyy!
Oh, absolutely!