• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Is Your Networth in GP value in UO?

What is your net worth in gold value in UO?

• < 1 Mil GP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 5-10 Mil GP

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 11-50 Mil GP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 51-100 Mil GP

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 101-500 MIL GP

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • 501-1 Bil GP

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 1.1-10 Bil GP

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • 10.1-50 Bil GP

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • 51-100 Bil GP

• 101-500 Bil GP

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 501Bil-1 Trillion GP

• > 1 Trillion GP

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the previous gold poll post but even more curious if we talked about net worth which includes everything, gold, property, items etc...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't have a clue. 9 accounts holdings on Siege, GL's and Lake Austin consisting of 1 Castle, 2 Keeps, Several 18x18's, a House on a Private Isle, one Luna Property, and several "rares" ... however I don't count any of that in wealth.

My wealth is in friendships and community. And it's priceless.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
All the gold, items and every other Pixel thing means Nothing without the peopel and friends I play with.
Exactly well said! I have never played UO and been concerned how much gold I have its always been the people! all together I have maybe 5 million - 10 million in gold and item wise well several hundred million I am sure!

PS I was concerned when i first started until I had enough to by my first 7x7

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
All the gold, items and every other Pixel thing means Nothing without the peopel and friends I play with.

Wisdom. Well Done Friend.

*Tips a glass of good Old Moonglow Red in Frarc's direction and settles back down to the crackling fire in deep thought*

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis worth the freindship it as given and as gave...and to be fair....and in truth ...net gold value for everyone in the game is actually zero......or will be.....when the lights finally fade and we enjoy the last night party b4 the UO servers are turned off for good....it will happen one day..... hopefully ....not for many years to come...but harbour that thought .....

Last edited:

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea, I do know that my better half was offered 3 billion for her house once :D She turned them down.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Idea! and not much idea how I could possibly calculate it. What would be more interesting would be what others think you are worth as a person and a player and I don't mean monetary worth.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh come on all this mushy "its about the people" Smoot needs to fill up his moneypit, and decorate the gold pile with shiny pixels! GIVE SMOOT ALL YOUR GOLDS AND SHINEYS!

joking aside, uo Is about the people you meet along way. in that process, which for many is over a decade long its hard not to build up a nice little stash of uo stuff that has alot personal meaning even tho its pixels. i still even keep some of my old "pvp" suits (they are worth at least a bil im sure :p) to just remind me of what i had fun in when im jealous of some legendary artifact.

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pretty much blow all my gold on purple shoes. They are worth trillions to me! :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How does this not make sense? EA at any given minute could close us down. Our pixels do not matter to the bottom line of EA.

Our net worth is what we believe it is. EA can pull the plug at any moment and then what we believe is shattered. All gone.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is there any real difference between a player's UO net worth and their Neopets net worth? Come to think of it, Neopets might look better, considering how much real money people spend on UO over the long haul.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does this not make sense? EA at any given minute could close us down. Our pixels do not matter to the bottom line of EA.

Our net worth is what we believe it is. EA can pull the plug at any moment and then what we believe is shattered. All gone.
UO net worth = Bitcoins net worth

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Like i said..... u could be a player with only 1 millo .....u could be a player with a massive 1 trillo.....UO lights out !..... the same ! .....only memories and freindships made and past .......again hold that thought.....

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Lights out" is the final answer for everyone. No matter if they play video games or not. I see this thread taking some sort of moral high/low road when the question was kind of simple. But the simple questions are the most fun I guess.

The whole game is owning pixels for everyone. Else we would be in some chat room making friendships and memories.

Truth is... sacrifice, kindness, greed, love, hate... are all illusions. There isn't a single act that was performed by any living creature (throughout the entire history of all living creatures) that wasn't acting purely in its own self interest. And that is our common bond. Self serving little brats... all of us. It is the way nature built us. And we are its greatest hope.

But back to the OP. Prices jump so much in this game. I gotta tell you I have no idea what I could get for everything. I think maybe 10 bill. So I clicked the little 1-10 bill thinger.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only do I have no idea what the 'values' in UO gold of the pretend pixel' items' I have might be, I don't even care enough about that to try find out.

I appreciate that for some, it's part of their fun to see the 'wealth' they have as an absolute number, or in comparison to what others have - harmless, enjoyable if you like that sort of thing, so no objection at all to it - but it has no appeal or interest to me.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooo looks like the mean/average of everyone ''worth'' is pushing the 10-20 billion of ''pixel gold''....lets keep our fingers crossed for the 17th/18th etc etc

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO I THINK......We can safely assume...... more than half the population... [ the mean/average] ...are pretty well ''pixel gold'' rich!!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If me and a friend value the chair I just made at 1 Trillion, does that put me in the > 1 Trillion category?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No idea. Does it matter?
Not to me, it doesn't.
Exactly I love playing uo and hope its lasts a long time, but it doesn't matter what ones worth is. Once Uo is over its over at the end we all will be at zilch in items, and gold. That is the end game of uo we all win or maybe it should be lose since will be losing everything.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I. Dont. Care.

(How much worth is that answer?)

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont even know how you would begin to calculate this.

Think most use this formula...

YOU simply count number of EM items/Server birth items... in your possesion ....multiply[x] it....by rolling two dice [1-12] infront/ but ending in 00,000,000 ...then simply add[+] all the gold on ''xxx'' number of vendors used to store it .....and if u have a luna house ....add[+] by rolling another 2 dice [1-12] infront/ but ending in 00,000,000.... then if your still not happy multiply[x] it .....by rolling another 2 dice number [1-12] ...untill you ''are happy''.....

Thankyou for reading [whatever] :next:

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would like to see the number of people who regularly contribute to this forum compared to some semi reliable estimate of the number of people who play UO (if that is even remotely possible) to see how our perceived average profile compares with the average player.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, this thread is nonsensical. It is one thing to ask about gold in stock - but another thing to estimate a net worth. The value of items depends on what people are willing to pay.

(1) I would never pay 175 mil for a small soulforge. or 100 mil for a slither. For me, these items are worth about 80 for the forge and 70 for the slither.
(2) I would never pay bazillions for an ugly EM-deco-crap-item, just because it is rare. To me, items need to be useful. So, value of a jade-crap-statuette to me is exactly 0 gold pieces. Same for 99 % of all rares.
(3) The worth of stuff depends on the shard you are playing. Brainless folks pay bazillions for crap on Atlantic - you wouldnt get 10 % of the gold on Drachenfels, for exmample. No idea what my Luna house would be worth on ATL - but not much on my home shard DF. And: Who cares?
(4) 300+ Million for an etheral tiger? L O L
(5) 1.5 Billion for a castle? L O L
(6) 1 year ago, nice SSI-jewelry went up to 1 billion and more - now has landed much lower...
(7) Remember Luna Vendors with Luck Garbs for 90 and more millions? Where are we now? 45? L O L

Hence, you cannot estimate the net worth of something like pixels traded on different markets. Watch the auctions on the trade forums - there you can see that one day stuff sells for TONS of gold and another day, the same stuff sells for nearly nothing...

And in the end: Who cares! It may have a sense to discuss about how much gold you need to play this game nowadays in a way that enables you to keep up with others and to meet the requirements of new mobs. So, discussing gold values may make some sense. But this thread looks like "penis comparison" to me.

Who has the longest?

:D

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As far as gp is concerned,I only have about 17 million,give or take a 100k. My UO "wealth" lies in the ore,ingots,large gems and normal gems I have in my 18x18.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see the number of people who regularly contribute to this forum compared to some semi reliable estimate of the number of people who play UO (if that is even remotely possible) to see how our perceived average profile compares with the average player.

Just use the formula provided and u will get to some silly number to estimate your silly pixel wealth....thankyou............

Think most use this formula...

YOU simply count number of EM items/Server birth items... in your possesion ....multiply[x] it....by rolling two dice [1-12] infront/ but ending in 00,000,000 ...then simply add[+] all the gold on ''xxx'' number of vendors used to store it .....and if u have a luna house/castle ....add[+] by rolling another 2 dice [1-12] infront/ but ending in 00,000,000.... then if your still not happy multiply[x] it .....by rolling another 2 dice number [1-12] ...untill you ''are happy''.....

Thankyou for reading [whatever] :next:

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aha, just as I thought. Conclusion: extrapolation of poll results from this forum, inhabited mostly by veteran players (whom I appreciate and respect) to ''average players'' is of limited validity. Have I said this enough times now for us to be more precise in our conclusions?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha, just as I thought. Conclusion: extrapolation of poll results from this forum, inhabited mostly by veteran players (whom I appreciate and respect) to ''average players'' is of limited validity. Have I said this enough times now for us to be more precise in our conclusions?

yeah i was busy enough just playing the game for years before i ever bothered to ready silly stratics forums :)
so no doubt mostly all the newer players who are still building characters, homes, establishing themselves werent part of this poll.

Last edited:

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys everyone who says they don't care or it doesn't matter or you put value only on friendships and stuff. That's great!
Can I have yer gold?
No... Playing has always been more important than gold to me... I'll never forget how hard it was to get 550k to buy my first house!
But I like being a rich old man now.. at least in Ultima!

Sitting at at about 100 mil not counting stuff.. not that rich I know but enough for me.