• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is this place?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody!

I am running around in the Abyss for years now and I was wondering, what this place is about:

Always forgot to ask...

:)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is it was used for a shard specific EM event.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, Malag Aste, I gave EC another try... It's not bad ;-)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have any questions about it or need any help or want to set up Pinco's UI and want help just let me know feel free to PM me.

I'm always willing to help folk learn how to use it and learn what most of it does.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
she's a ma'am.

i must spend way too much time on these boards. it's amazing how much you learn about your fellow boardees just reading the posts.
hehe Well I thought it was cute.... I wasn't going to correct him since he's done it twice now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am sorry!
No need to apologize hun..... happens quite often.

While some of my characters... Malag most notably are Male... the player (me) is infact female. My very first character Willa is still one of my beloved. If many other players think you are a "chick" IRL they want to give you stuff and well... you tend to pick up stalkers sometimes. I found playing a male character had more freedom.

Most do consider it difficult to tell the difference and I don't specify a gender often on forums or anywhere else. It's often in Vent that folk are somewhat taken aback by my being female... as @Aibal found out one day.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, thank you! And the spot itself has no function (anymore)?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a staging post along the flight path. I think that's all it's ever been.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very interesting. I simply love the Abyss. If you ask me, Underworld and Abyss are the most lovely designed dungeons and SA still the best expansion ever.

Thanks, Petra and MalagAste!

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I too am a fool for Pinco's UI and the EC.....when you get those headphones I'll be happy to walk you through it the most efficient way possible.....using voice on our TS :)

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it was at your wedding to Severn, and I'm in vent with Sev and I'm like...."Mal's a chick? Seriously? WTF? Seriously? I though he (she) was a f'n dude..." lol.

No need to apologize hun..... happens quite often.

While some of my characters... Malag most notably are Male... the player (me) is infact female. My very first character Willa is still one of my beloved. If many other players think you are a "chick" IRL they want to give you stuff and well... you tend to pick up stalkers sometimes. I found playing a male character had more freedom.

Most do consider it difficult to tell the difference and I don't specify a gender often on forums or anywhere else. It's often in Vent that folk are somewhat taken aback by my being female... as @Aibal found out one day.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Very interesting. I simply love the Abyss. If you ask me, Underworld and Abyss are the most lovely designed dungeons and SA still the best expansion ever.

Thanks, Petra and MalagAste!
Oh I agree it's really quite awesome. I consider it the Pinnacle of UO... Most certainly the highest point reached by UO. You can tell that a lot of work and devotion went into it. Some of the art is just amazing too. Now some of the buildings in the city are like ??? who put that together?!?!? but much of it is really wonderful. If you ever make a grargoyle you should try taking a flying tour using the flightpaths ..... It's a lot of fun.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got some but I never used that paths. Damn, I should make my thief a garg... Would make abyss-stealing so much more convenient!