• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is this? anyone know how to stop it?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Periodically I get a load of rubbish (see pics) appear on my screen while playing. It is not in any language I recognise and sometimes obscures half my screen. It does not appear to be game related as it does not show in the journal. It can take minutes to dissolve and is a damn nuisance. Does anyone know how or where it originates and/or how to stop it?.

RUBBISH.jpg

Below is a close up of the letters, it means nothing to me.

Close Up.jpg

So as I said any ideas?.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Periodically I get a load of rubbish (see pics) appear on my screen while playing. It is not in any language I recognise and sometimes obscures half my screen. It does not appear to be game related as it does not show in the journal. It can take minutes to dissolve and is a damn nuisance. Does anyone know how or where it originates and/or how to stop it?.

View attachment 37514

Below is a close up of the letters, it means nothing to me.

View attachment 37515

So as I said any ideas?.
This has happened in the past, see here:

http://stratics.com/threads/anyone-know-what-caused-this-mass-craziness-on-my-screen.319576/

Not sure if there is a solution in there, but at least there are some cute dog pictures.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the question is does everyone see that message at the same time or just you?
perhaps a spam of high asc characters that wont show in journal but does show on screen?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I almost always get it when I start to fill my vendors and sometimes just when I'm vendor shopping but not limited to this time.