• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the meaning of this VvV message?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"The City is unoccupied! Slay opposing forces to claim the city for your guild!' I don't get it. There are 3 guilds in the city. Why does the game tell me the 'city is unoccupied'?

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV is so buggy. I've also had the altars pop up faster than they should, and in the same spot repeatedly.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
VvV is so buggy. I've also had the altars pop up faster than they should, and in the same spot repeatedly.
No doubt it is buggy. I ran into Brit seconds after the town went into battle and see a message that my guild had already claimed an alter! I'm the only one logged in from my guild. I got this message literally 3 tiles into the town. What the heck?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen the 'claimed an altar' message - only the altar I claimed was at the end of the last town.
Town is unoccupied usually comes up when everyone in town is hidden or invis.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you enter a "live" vvv town for the first time, you will occasionally see messages that appear to have hung over from the last vvv episode. If there is an active opposition guild in the town at that moment, they will usually also show in the 3 guild list. This doesn't happen if they hide/stealth or haven't actually gained points yet. However, when you DO see the message "unoccupied", it's because everyone, including you, is hidden or there are vvv enemies in the town and u better buff up..;p

Phrasing could be better - what it really means is that control of the town is contested. Hidden players no longer count towards control.