• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the general opinion???

• Thread starter imported_kray2s
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_kray2s

Well the recent event was obviously attended by lots of people from this forum -

I have seen the same pieces of rubble on vendors listed as extreme rares then go to the next vendor and see the sam item listed as ubber rare and then the same items on the next and the next and so on ......

My question however is this -

With currently no "ABSOLUTE" certainty on rarity of some rubble pieces de to the amount there was to start and then how many respawned is it really worth paying large sums of money for someone elses collection at the moment?

I ask this with a few things running through my mind -

1st if you are the buyer of these collections how do you know that you are not paying well over the odds and going to have to keep hold of it for decades for it to become rare enough or desirable enough to remake your money on the items

2nd - If you are the seller how do you know if you are seling the collection at the right price and in fact when all the hype has calmed down your collection could be worth 2 times as much??

I ask because i have been so tempted to pour a lot of money into rubble but then i see the same items over and over again - they cant be "that" rare if masses of vendors have stocked them - then again it could be people just trying to cash in quickly as it takes a hell of a lot of lockdowns lol

I am not in anyway shape or form trying to knock those that are selling i was more or less trying to assertain how you knew if you were selling or buying at the right price?

(im looking at this with the view to sell on rather than to keep as i know some people will pay anything if they like an item enough) thank you for putting your minds to this problem :p

G

The key is to buy stuff you want at a price you want to pay. Right now I am focusing on display cases. I don't care if it drops below what I am paying because I am only pay a couple million per case as it is.

At the moment people are either overpricing or underpricing rubble. So you need to move quick before prices move towards the median.

G

Over time prices tend to settle down, as people in general become more aware of what is out there and make more intelligent buying decisions, forcing shop owners to lower prices on less desirable or overpriced pieces.

I'm buying what I like and think I can decorate with, what is cute and appeals to me. None of what I'm buying is for any kind of investment to sell back later, but if I was going to do that I would scour the shards to get a good idea of what the average prices for different types of rubble is, bypassing that which exists in extreme quantities (most plants and walls), then I would buy up what is cheap on the shards I have money on and sit on those pieces for a year or two.

I think good investment pieces are the two part bishops benches, some of the broken items that aren't duplicated in the heritage collection, display cases and case pieces, even logs and the healers beds, tho those might be slower to go up in value.

T

tiggertessa2007

u frogot to mention lilly pads,trees, fire and fire pits. those are all great deco items
proably the best from my view (of course i love the outdoors in rl and also have a pond in my real front yard lol)

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, I've lucked out, I have yet to see a broken vanity here on atl. or anyone selling one, outside of the one I have stashed......I could be wrong.

G

<blockquote><hr>

u frogot to mention lilly pads,trees, fire and fire pits. those are all great deco items
proably the best from my view (of course i love the outdoors in rl and also have a pond in my real front yard lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

Lilly pads are ok. Fire and fire pits are almost too good - they'll go for a lot now and go for a lot later. Trees are nice and big and people like that, but I think they will also be slow to go up as people do not seem to realize just quite yet how many of those big trees are out there (tons).

B

Bong.Water

i havnt played for quite a while and i was wondering what fire and firepits go for? also what do these trees go for? i might have to buy some for some house deco