• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] What is the best solo pvm/champ archer spec?

• Thread starter SecretService
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine:
115 archery
115 tactics
110 anatomy
115 bushido
90 healing
75 chivalry
100 resist

I don't believe 120's are needed for PvM, but if you had the 120's, you can drop anatomy by 10 and chivalry by 5 to put archery, bushido and tactics to 120.

With this character I can solo Baracoon nearly as fast as a necro-mage, I can solo Neira faster than a necro-mage and most other champs (Can't do Semidar as a male) with few troubles. It has few problems in Doom, thanks to the undead slayer talisman and demon slayer bow with mana leech. I wouldn't do peerless alone with this character, but I hear that Paroxy is possible.

Equipment you can't do without:
Mace and shield glasses/40% LMC/ a ML and SL bow for PvM (with absurd SSI)/as much stamina and dex as you could fit on your suit.

C

Connor_Graham

Mine:

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Anatomy 95
Healing 100
Chivalry 75
Resist 90

This template has solo'd Travesty and all but the Fleshrenderers in Doom, and will be heading to Dreadhorn soon to give him a go. Champs are small potatoes compared to Travesty lol.

T

Turdnugget

A good magical shortbow with mana leech/hit area is also good for lower level champ spawn... like level 1/2 as you can use the special that does a small chain lightning. So you're killing mass low end mobs at once.

Definately would want a Mana Leech bow no matter what you're doing so you can chain Lightning Strike and get critical hits.

Bushido is a must so you can get the best output damage you can get.
Chivalry for EoE, Consecrate, Divine Fury.

I'd even take Connor's template and bump Anatomy up to 100 as you get a damage increase at 100 and not 95. It's a minor increase. But every point helps =)

C

Connor_Graham

I'd even take Connor's template and bump Anatomy up to 100 as you get a damage increase at 100 and not 95. It's a minor increase. But every point helps =)
I had Anatomy at 100 and Chiv at 70 but found the failure rate on EoO to be way too often. Often enough that the 5 points of Anatomy that I gave up to have a higher success rate more than makes up for the very small increase in base damage. Just 1 or 2 shots that are made without EoO up are more than what little the Anatomy difference is. I normally cap out on damage anyway.

T

Turdnugget

While true that 75 chiv will help get off EoE faster than at 70. If you're fighting just one boss/Peerless I haven't noticed it to be that big of a deal to fizzle a couple times.

I typically run 60 chiv on my dexers and get by just fine with EoO.

Not everyone has the luxory of being able to cap out DI as easily as some people who have the means to do so.

It's not a bad way to make up for less DI items. It depends what you can get your hands on.

If you do factions it's even easier to get max DI as well. As you can get the Primer on Arms with 20 DI and 10 HCI. Add that with faction M&S glasses and you get another 10% DI right there. Allowing you more play on your weapon/jewel set up.

Go on test and try it out, casting EoO at a lower Chiv and having Anatomy higher. See if you prefer the fizzle a couple more times, or the base damage with higher anat.

Or look for jewels that have skill bonuses + DI and you wont have to lower any skills =)

C

Connor_Graham

I've tried it both ways, and since I am at the cap on DI, having the extra Chiv is worth it for me. The constant streaks of casting failures are killers at times.