• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Is The Best Mage Weapon?

• Thread starter imported_JediSith
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_JediSith

Just curious what people use for both PvP and PvM...

For PvM...

Sword of Prosperity
Scapper Spellbook
Staff of the Magi.

For PvP...

Same as above
+ Warfork with High HCI
+ Butcher's Knife with High HCI

Any other suggestions

M

Mr Mischief

Depends on your spec, really.

SoP/SotM is great for necro mages, SC weps are obv great for tanks, Scrappers is a great book for scribe mages.

Mainly, you want something that will help you get your DCI or get you other needed stuff, SDI, LMC, etc.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

I've been looking for a long time:

Repeating Crossbow
Spell Channeling
Mage Weapon -20
Swing Speed +40%
Hit Fireball 50%

But I've never found it.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For PVP in the past i have used

SoM (Only for necro mage)
Bone Harvester
Warfork

I

imported_GFY

My pvp mage carries the Tome of Lost Knowledge.

He keeps his other hand free to chug pots.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

My pvp mage carries the Tome of Lost Knowledge.

He keeps his other hand free to chug pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here

D

dum3886

Scrappers &gt; Tome of lost knowledge...
Just find a scrapper with + skill points, and it's pratically a Tome of lost knowledge but more... frees up a fc1.... and fcr1 (can use a 1:2 jewel ooo)

Atm i'm spending millions and millions making heaps of scrappers trying to make a +20 skill pt scrapper haaha... that'll be killer for my template... i can fit in chiv for remove curse.. oooo thats hot stuff :p

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont need the fc1/fcr1 from the scrappers at all, nor do i need more then 15SDI on my template. So for me the only decent mod on a plain scrapper is the 10LMC and 15 of the 25 SDI.

So for me a scrappers would give me: 10LMC and 25SDI while the tome Would give me 15LMC, 15 SDI and 8INT.

But sure for someone that needs SDI or fc/fcr the scrappers might be better. its all up to the user

R

RandAlThor

I agree as thats what I use on test. The only set up I can think of that would be better would maybe be the Clanins book with the Kasa of the Ra.
there are so many spell books with different mods you kind of just have to pick one that suplements your suits weaknesses.

If you are going tacics mage I recomend fencing with the kryss fork combo.
Hell if you are using any template I recomend those hehehe.

D

dum3886

ohh and i wouldn't use a spellbook if u can't get enough hci without a weapon...
i run sumthig like 39 hci 50 dci with a spellbook and without a shield... so yeah if ur like 20 hci 30 dci... hehe i'd use a weapon over wrestling.. i think wrestling mages u need damn good suits

and as the replies stated above.. yes spellbooks depend on ur suit.. i above said i use a 1:2 HCI DCI jewel... thus the reason i require the extra 1 fcr

J

Janus69

Best mage weapon would be any one handed weapon with SC no pen, -20 magery, hci, hit spell... Course, you'd need Inquis, orny and crystalline ring, but still.. That'd be tight

I

imported_GFY

Please tell my why you need HCI on a mage?

If you have no weapon skill HCI doesn't come into play at all. The disarm special isn't affected by HCI and neither are your spells. (they hit anyway!)

DCI is important for a mage, but in my experiance, mostly in PVP.

Lastly I agree that the best thing to carry for a mage is the best weapon or spellbook that compliment your suit and your playstlye. I wouldn't carry something in both hands because I like to chug pots.

M

Monster

i hate inquisator's because ur limited to only sc no -1 weps, so i use the 1/2 helm, crystalline ring, and my war mace:
sc -1/50 fireball/-20 mage wep/50 di (no exaggeration either), missed the 5th mod though since it was monster loot

J

Janus69

<blockquote><hr>

Please tell my why you need HCI on a mage?

If you have no weapon skill HCI doesn't come into play at all. The disarm special isn't affected by HCI and neither are your spells. (they hit anyway!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with a mage weapon your magery skill acts as a weapon skill for the purpose of hitting an opponent. With a -20 mage weapon and +20 from the crystalline ring, you would effectively have 120 skill with whatever weapon you happen to be using. The hci would be desirable for the better chance of landing your hit spell effect(hit lightning, fireball etc..).

J

Janus69

<blockquote><hr>

i hate inquisator's because ur limited to only sc no -1 weps, so i use the 1/2 helm, crystalline ring, and my war mace:
sc -1/50 fireball/-20 mage wep/50 di (no exaggeration either), missed the 5th mod though since it was monster loot

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. I had the IR gauntlets for awhile, but they just didn't fit well with my suit, and I have quite a selection of pimp 0/3 rings. Sooo, I traded the IRs for a Val runic hammer. While that wouldn't normally be a good trade, I got the IRs for only 30mil, so in my case, I made out.

G

-20 mage weapon with a -1 pen is made up with orny, inquis, crystaline ring and arcane shield .

imo best would be 1 handed sc -20 50 spell 15 dci 30 ssi...