• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is for you the greatest resource that UO Stratics offers ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly staff can be easily replaced, personally i would have brought in a whole new fresh staff and brought some new life to stratics. Im tired of the stale, old, constricting stratics. Personally i would allow open discussion and promote a feeling of inclusiveness. Yes stratics is nice for a select few, theres some info. theres some other game forums no one uses. its a facebook fix for many. you can sell things. its far far from Taylors vision however. really a shame.

Seeing how long this post has been up, and how few responses, well i think that speaks for itself.
And still you come here..... too bad.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This isn't directed at anyone in particular, and I don't mean it to sound rude...but the "love it or leave it" mentality some people around here seem to have lately is one of the reasons why some UO players view those of us who use Stratics as elitist snobs.... It would be nice if suggestions to improve the site were taken seriously and not just looked down upon for once....

but back on topic, Petra don't stop making your guides please, many new players use them daily to learn about the game, the only reason not as many people posting here use them is because a lot of us have already learned the information your guides contain over the years.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot another ressource, stratics offers:

COOL Titles! I am CERTIFIABLE now! Wohoooo! Coooool!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be the OT Forum, the Thief Forum and the Siege Perilous Forum. Unfortunately, on OT Stratics pulled out the banning stick and got rid of most of the regulars.

The thief forum had it's own problem with the day of many (website that will remain unnamed) backlink spamming which led to the majority of the old school thieves to either get banned or leave in protest.

Then there was the Siege forum. What a fun forum...let's just say it was one of the more active and popular forums until upper management added a certain mod...from that time forward...the forum went to hell.

Just my 2 cents...la

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So. Knocking myself out creating playguide information is a total waste of my time.
Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.
I suggested years before UOGuide that Stratics adopt a Wiki-style system for guides. I still suggest that today, but you guys seem stubborn to persist with providing staff-authored guides whilst making it annoying/difficult for the wider community to contribute even if they wanted to. I'd wager many here want to, but authoring every single guide or amendment to an existing guide via email to you and waiting for you to update it isn't exactly the most user friendly method that encourages people to chip in for both them or you.

So yeah. You're basically choosing to lock down guide writing in such a manner that you and whichever other staff can publish are the only people who can practically post and update them. You shouldn't really be surprised that more open contribution systems such as wikis are generally preferred by a good portion of people both as they're more accessible and generally updated faster to reflect new changes in-game.

No-one's asking you to shoulder the entire load for writing playguides, nor would you have to if the fundamental hosting infrastructure supported better collaborative guide authoring and editing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its sad that I would have to defend UO Stratics here. Coming here is a choice. There is plenty of information here. I have trouble with searches sometimes, but a PM to Petra gets me the page with the info I need. There are plenty of staff that are helpful and have written helpful stories, guides, etc. If you want to spend hours playing the game to figure out a formula, a new place to hunt, a new method to PK. You can submit your hours of work finding out exactly how something works and if it is worth wile to the community it will find a place on stratics. Many players, mods, staff have put in a lot of hours creating a place where a diverse collection of UO knowledge, history, community and gameplay is presented in a searchable format.

And then there are the forums where anyone can post useless drivel. Or they can post things that help the community, like many of them have done over the years. I hope they are thick skinned enough to continue playing UO with a purpose to continue with their contributions. So, I can play for fun because they have already done the legwork.

I appreciate the work the forum staff, mods, shard reporters, contributors, and posters add to my entertainment in a positive way!

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forums themselves. They are very well made, very pleasant to use.

The ambitious and not-that-successful attempt to break into mainstream and be some general purpose gaming community ticks me off. Nine thousand categories for other MMOs nobody uses here. Effort was/is good and forums technically excellent for that. Just too few UO players to get the ball rolling. Turning stratics to some sort of a nexus site to unofficial free shards would be far more likely feat to pull off. And would make snowball in hell big enough to have things happening as it rolls.

Ofc, nobody here, me included, wants it but hay.

Last edited:

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best resource is It's members, if you are lazy like me you can post uo questions and you generally get a quick reply.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still taking upwards of 15-20 seconds for a page load
works great for me. used to be around 6-7 seconds, now is instant to 1 second. awesome improvement.
using firefox if that means anything.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So. Knocking myself out creating playguide information is a total waste of my time.
Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.
A whole lot of UO players and Stratics readers appreciate dearly your Guides and get good help from them. Whenever I meet a new or returning player in UO I suggest them to check Stratics and the comprehensive Guides it hosts to keep up with the changes to the game.

Your work is greatly appreciated by many.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Petra, she sends me pm's when I go over the line, so used to be nearly daily, then I argue the points with her till I sober up.

>-\-0* me sleeping, dreaming of uo