• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] What is considered a good spot volume wise?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
My question is while mining what would it be considered to be a good spot to mark in terms of ore volume you can extract?

How much Ore can you take from a certain spot you consider to be good?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think the max is about 18 shovel hits of ore, which will usually end up giving the ore + a few pieces of granite.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to mark spots that are worth mining again in the future, so probably anything above around 10 ore is ok to go back to then.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well, the idea is to find places where you can get a maximum number of swings without walking. The resources are laid out in an 8x8 grid, so in most every mine you'll find 1 or 2 spots where you can hit 4 spots without moving. Even if 1 of them isn't a really big vein... that is still a good amount of ore at one spot. It's less common to find places like that along the mountainsides.