• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] What is a good Fishing Template ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One that would be capable to deal with Krakens and even Leviathans ?

Also, how does one make those fishing poles with modifiers and spell channelling ?

I saw some in frostwood with good mods but how to make them and what mods would be most usefull for fishing ?

Thanks.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing is a stand-alone skill. Every template where you can replace 100 skillpoints with fishing is a viable fishers template.
One or two enrgy vortexe deal fast with a kraken.
Any character that can deal with some of the stronger paragons wont have to big problems with a leviathan.
Actually I would suggest to go with two players/chars for the leviathan. One fisher to throw the net (a gm fisher gets an additional good chance for an marty) and a second one (best with luck equipp) to kill the levaithan. As far as I can remember fishing is not needed for throwing any net.

A carpenter with some skill in tailoring and a runic carpentry tool (from heartwood questing) can make fishing poles with properties. For fishing itself, there are no usefull mods. If it is a mage-fisher he would like to use a spellchanneling fishing pole. Other usefull mods depending on the template of the fisher and how the char is played.
A fihing pole made of frostwood always gets the spellchanneling/fc -1 from using the material. That way even the lowest carpentry runics can be used to get sc-poles without fc penalty.

V

Vertigo

Your best bet is to take your most powerful character and slap fishing on him.
I've made a few fishers over the years from Chiv archer fisher, Bard / tamer / fisher, and a stealth mage fisher. All of these templates were able to solo Leviathans.
Good luck.

L

Lord Drakelord

As its been said before, just about any template is good for a fisher. For the ASOS I suggest taking friends. My fisher is human male and a mage, so he uses a lot of summons on his fishing trips. Against normal monsters of the sea he does ok, but for that white witch of the sea he is a snack. So I always invite my guildmates to share my adventure at sea those days.