• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What if part of the Event forced you into Fel?

G

Here is a better question. What if Alternate Moonglow spawned another gate, and it took you to another place, but this was in Fel? What would you do? More importantly, "Be Honest Now", those of you who love the event so far, what would you do? What if this was part of choosing a side?

It would stand to reason that the Shadow Lords would try to get more help. Well?

A

AshOfCaine

I would make sure I was wearing my Virtue Armor set so I can be cheap and not loose insurance, then let out a battle cry and go charging in.

I am no PvPer, I go to Fel and I accept I will die, often. If I am lucky, i will take 1 or 2 reds down with me.

Last time i went to a player even in Fel, i had a virtue set, the blessed jewelry and sword from Haven Quests and died multiple times but didn't cost me any insurance. Yes, it could be said with a better suit I would have done better, but as I said, I am no PvPer. Meaning would need the skill to go with the suit.

So, there is my answer, I would rush in swinging my sword at anything that had a red status bar.

G

I pvp in Felucca on a regular basis with some my rp characters because it is in-character for them to be there. If the event required I go into a pvp setting TO change the outcome, I wouldn't hesitate even on my non-pvp characters. However, if its not required, I wouldn't. Why? Not because I'm concerned about being killed, but because I am more interested in the event itself and not having to fend off attacks from other players.

I love the idea of being able to change the outcome and finally having an "evil" side possibly to choose from instead of always being the good guys. I've played with this story arc, gotten threads and such, but without a clear definition of what I can do to further the rp it gets old.

I

imported_WildStar

Not a problem......I live in Felucca and I am blue. The only thing I would do is switch out my medium quality armor for low quality armor so it would not be worth looting from my body. *grins*

I

imported_Coppelia

Honestly, I think I wouldn't take part. That wouldn't be the first nor the last event I'd miss. Maybe I would go to see what's happening, but I prefer to go to Fel on my own and not when there's a big sign with "Trammies are here, don't forget they are the cause of all your problems!" written on it...

I'm certainly not against an event in Felucca oriented to please the players who are in Felucca everyday, I would respect it and let them enjoy it without going there and whine how the event isn't designed for me. But an event "for all" in Felucca, I'm skeptical.

G

The event is in the Fel rule set on Siege. Too bad, the black rock can't be stolen. I have stolen plenty of other items though. Need to work on one of those cloaks, lol...la

G

I think we all saw what happened in Fel during the Ophidian Invasion on most shards: Reds went in to grief the participants of the event and Fel side never got cleaned out.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would continue to play as my thief, and go through the gate into Fel. I would wolfpack around.. (most likely if its a LIVE event, it will get raided, and the reds would most likely get any unique quest items) and rob the reds without being killed. Im just that good

G

Id run my insured warrior in there with invis potions, invis clothing.

Id ask for PvP tips. Id run in with friends. Id spring for the BOS's.

I might soulstone some ninja skills for smoke bombs.

OH, Id rez when dead. And go back to Trammel when I was done.

G

"what if" ?!?

I am already there, and enjoying the event immensely!

*wanders off humming tunes about Siege*

G

Thats what I did for BOOKS of TRUTH. The rate was to sweet in FEL to pass it up.

D

Der Rock

-----------------------------------------------------
I think we all saw what happened in Fel during the Ophidian Invasion on most shards: Reds went in to grief the participants of the event and Fel side never got cleaned out.
-------------------------------------------------------

that is so true, and all know this,but every event we hear the same questions from a handfull of player,
wich should suggest the dev´s there would be a demand for events in fel.
but true and fact is:
they dont care about events, all they want is "weak opponents" for abandoned places.

F

Fayled Dhreams

"Force"? me? HA! there's no forcing me to the darkside ... no bribe ... no penalty ... no "greater glory" ...

I'll never be "one of them" ...
and I'll never morn or pity them that choose to be.

Oh sure ... I've "been there" ... but for nobel purpose, to bring some back from beyond the pale ...
most I spared the "told ya so"

some were lost to the path of vengence and retribution ...
*shrugs*
I'll never morn or pity them ... nor stay my hand or hold my tongue, when "they" try some recruiting.

Lord of the flies
Dawn of the dead
I am Legend

I hold hope that I'll NOT be the last good man standing
but IF that's my fate

so be it.

Your: Fayled Dhreams
Fiat justitia, ruat coelum

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Oh I'd go, but the other times this has happened (many EM events) the events have turned into insurance-sucking miserable cesspools of PKing and noto killing. Lots of insurance hacking went on too.

The conditions favor the reds by definition, because they just want to kill everyone, whereas the blues are mostly there to actually DO the event. Also the reds are an organized group (or 2 or more organized groups) whereas the blues are just a bunch of random people who showed up to do the event.

Putting any part of this storyline in Felucca would be stupid.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

"what if" ?!?

I am already there, and enjoying the event immensely!

*wanders off humming tunes about Siege*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

NPC: "Behold! There are 2 gates! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!"

Siege player: "um...I already went through both gates, and I couldn't tell any difference. What exactly am I choosing?"

NPC: "Behold! There are 2 gates! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!"

Siege player: ...

-Skylark

D

Der Rock

--------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

putting any part of any rpg/fantasy game concerning content in a PvP area is stupid ,i think.
champs an harrover includet.
let the PvP player, PvP
La

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
That wasn't what happened. On the lowest population shards there was some problems cleaning out Felucca cities. But on most shards they were taken back very quickly.

If a major event were to happen in Felucca and only Felucca, players would go. Especially with all the blessed armor and weapons that they can carry now.

G

It would not bother me one way or the other. I play both facets on Chesapeake all the time anyhow been doing so since they threw in 2 faceted rule sets there.

I play Siege too so, obviously the fel ruleset does not bother me. I play where I wish to play, played BEFORE there was a trammel. I also never insure....
maybe the ONLY one on Chesapeake that does NOT insure but insurance was never part of the UO I began to play...insurance is NOT part of the UO I still play even now ! I do not insure. haha fel side tram side I am uninsured.
And Siege has no insurance sooooooooo anyhow if events be in fel only ruleset/ or tram only ruleset/ or both..I am usually there.. IF said event interests me, to begin with.

G

Actually, a perfect example of what would happen already occured on LS during the EM event cycle. Red guilds heard about the event, organized themselves, then killed anyone that entered the area. Completely foiled Glamdring's plans, they did. Event was pretty much canceled.

Then again, he was never the best of the EMs. He was just the head EM of course.. and it's not like he had a long string of terribly planned events on his record or anything.

..oh.. wait..

I

imported_Sarphus

if part of the event forced peple into fel, the event would be stupid.

A lot of people who go on these events aren't ready for fel and felucians (or maybe I should call them felons) will gladly take advantage of this and loot suits, etc. Pushing events to fel is bad for UO.

G

On Baja, EM Vincent came up with a pretty neat system to include villians and reds within the lore and story arc. While he played a character named Archimedes the Old as the Commander of the Royal Guard, he drew Julius Dryden from the Ultima Series lore, and came up with a rival faction - the Partisans of Chaos. Good aligned characters could join the Royal Britannian Guard, and evil people could join the Partisans. There was PvP combat involved, although he warned both sides ahead of time so that blue players were caught by suprised and torn to shreds. Its really too bad that the developers decided to cancel the event moderator program, because (on Baja atleast) we had an excellent event moderator.

Nonetheless, while I would love to see events that included some player vs. player combat, but as long as there is this savage mentality amongst PvPers that includes griefing and ruining events, we wont be seeing such anytime soon...

...On the other hand, there is a such thing as player-run events. I don't see why PvPers can't have scavenger hunts, capture the flag, and other events where blues are invited to come and PvP. It might be a good way for reds to actually introduce blues to PvP without griefing them in the process. Who knows, you might actually turn a few blues around and see some new interest in learning to PvP?

On Baja, Underground Knights hosted an event where they renamed several PvP-characters "a turkey" and polymorphed them into a chicken, for thanksgiving. Players were handed clues to where the turkeys were at, and you would search Felucca for them. They carried uninsured artifacts and gold, and it turned out to be a fun event. *Grins*

B

BadManiac

What if your red had to go through a gate that insta killed him and gave ME all HIS stuff? I'd have no problem with that.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mixing PvM events with Felucca have never worked out. While the Roleplayers are trying to participate in the event, the PvPers/Feluccans are trying to kill the Roleplayers. It ends up only being fun for those trying to increase their murder count.

What EA should do is create a sanctioned PvP event rather than trying to include Felucca in a PvM event. Wait....isn't that what Factions is supposed to be all about?

G

Why does everyone politely talk about this as if its an issue between reds and blues or Fel and Tram or roleplayers or not roleplayers?

Those are all game styles. The are basically inhert.

Youre fogetting the common thread... Human beings.

Some people are the letterbeforeB holes.

Because of that. Because of human nature. You need to have events in places that limit the letterbeforeb holism.

Simply put, lots of people are jerks. And if they can they will.

If they can ruin an event, they will.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Here is a better question. What if Alternate Moonglow spawned another gate, and it took you to another place, but this was in Fel? What would you do? More importantly, "Be Honest Now", those of you who love the event so far, what would you do? What if this was part of choosing a side?

It would stand to reason that the Shadow Lords would try to get more help. Well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been able to motivate myself to participate in the last couple of events because they seem to be so item-driven and that just isn't my cup of tea. (Not trying to bash anyone who loves all the new items.) However, if we ever get an event that isn't item-driven, the story line is clear, and it's possible to see within a few days that player actions ARE making a difference, sure yes then I'd gladly participate in the event and even go to Fel if the story line required it.

L

Lady Tyg

An event held in Fel can be sucessful.

My guild teamed up with a well known auction house tram guild to conduct the event.

The event took place at an old reserected fel auction house. The auction proceeded for about an hr when my guild went in and kidnapped the lead of the auction. Now mind you yes all the attendees did die as well as all the staff. None of the attendees knew that this was a player held event story line.

Needless to say a jail had been set up for the captive lead and observers could come talk to him for one week. At the end of the week there were several 'battles' against the would be rescuers (which were tram based chars) and my guild of kidnappers. After several battles the tram based chars were given the oppurtunity to hunt down the leadership of my guild and free the auction lead. The rescuers were then given rewards for his return by the auction house.

So needless to say events can take place in both areas. As for the people that are unwilling to learn all aspects of the game then that is your choosing to limit your experiences within the game. I think events that take place in multiple rule sets is good for the newer players to experience. Why not include multiple communities to do something together.

A well thought out event can work in all worlds and rulesets.

I still remember the day trammel came out ... and everyone was referring it to as care-bear land or barney land. They should have never attempted to half-a$$ clone fel. The game was not originally designed for it.

Edited to say:

I'm a firm believer that there are a lot of event in tram that are ruined worse than ones in fel. Peoples greed in this game never stops amazing me whether it's scripting, duping, hording, or cheating.

G

*shrugs*

What it would amount to is bringing targets to fel, not an event.

I would go and enjoy the 2 days of pvp before everyone lost interest and went back to what they were doing before with a few scouting runs the rest of the time the event went on.

The bottom line is fel should stand on it's own and not need carrots. Should this event be in fel glow? Probably should but there shouldn't be any advantage to the event there for no other reason than you have to defend against people who could care less about the event.

G

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

putting any part of any rpg/fantasy game concerning content in a PvP area is stupid ,i think.
champs an harrover includet.
let the PvP player, PvP
La

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said that Fel was solely for PvP? Why should it be?

Thing is, no Fel players asked to get rid of players, the devs simply forced us down that road by changing the Fel landscape for the worse. And this event crap adds to that.

Tram allowed for safer PvMing. So some folks left to do that. Then champ spawns utterly ruined the dungeons they arrived in, for those of us who PvM'd exclusively in Fel. It's daft to stealth to level 5 of Fel shame when you can recall to the Tram one. And then even the faster spawn rate was nerfed lol.

Add umpteen things you can only get in a Tram ruleset and it's a wonder anyone even visits Fel. But it is not a PvP facet until we are truly unable to do anything else. So until then, we pay the same subs and as Tram mirrored our facet, I think we deserve a copy/paste job on these events too.

Wenchy

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, if you all read the Warriors of Virtue Dev most on uoherald

The Faction changes with next publish are going to be part of the event....

So, you WILL be getting some event action in Fel.

C

Connor_Graham

I wouldn't go there. Simple as that. I have no wish to spend my time getting griefed by people, and we all know that's exactly what would happen.

It's wabbit season.

It's duck season.

It's wabbit season.

No, it's Trammy season.

G

"Scenario 1: War of Shadows" ... combined with faction changes that certainly looks strongly like there will be PvP action (of course, I've been wrong before).

Myself? I swore long ago to leave no footprints in Fel ... and I don't see that changing, no matter the story or reward. I just hope that a mischievous dev doesn't make that count as support of cowardice ... but were I to betray my principles would that not be support of falsehood. Oh these mazes of tricky choices, how I ha... er ... dislike falling into traps of the shadowlords.

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the next phase of the event should take place in Fel. Like Sutek is hiding there but he needs a planeshield and sword to fight the evil Reds or something. That would make the event progressively harder bc of the fear of evil of PKs but the hard core Trams would still have the value from the event with their turn ins.

Don't get me wrong. I am scared of Fel, but I've been there to mine resources and such. I went there a few times to avenge an unjust murder and OOOooOoo. I will be back though. It's KR's fault anyway for OOooOoO. Otherwise I would have been pooning everyone there. It's poon, right?

K

Karthcove

I would go to Fel and follow the event to its conclusion. I live in Trammel not because of some fear of Fel - it is because when Trammel opened it was the only place you could place a house, I really think thats why the migration happened in the first place - not some non-griefing utopia.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this or any event forced us to fel, i would consider quitting again. I already have a problem that there is anything that is fel exclusive (or tram exclusive for that matter). I do not need "encouragement" to play with people who want to kill and loot me (sometimes not in that order). I choose to enjoy pvp at my own leisure just as i enjoy pvm.

For the last time pay attention devs:
Everyone should have a fair chance to earn any item or any features that this game has to offer if you enjoy pvp or not. We do pay the same per month don't we?

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

but this was in Fel? What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stay home.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I would be there no matter where it was held. I may spend most of my time in tram but my house is in fel. I suck at PvP though, so I would die a lot. I think it would still be fun.

G

I would love Fel interaction, but honostly if people were forced to fel. or didn't get the same items from tram etc. -

they would be soooo upset and cry and whine for ages.

And the trammies are a larger part of the game. Too bad really.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends where in Fel. If it's moonglow, then for the most part, if you're attcked the red gets wacked.....this'll teach em to mind their P&amp;Q's.

If they have a problem with that, then let them clean out the towns on their own. And we know they can't do that.

Other than that, I'd fight side by side with a red, even rez em.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event isn't over yet, so we don't know if part of the event will be in Felucca. With that said, I would still participate. Any time I hunt in Felucca, I wear a combination of low end armor that I don't bother to insure and blessed stuff. I don't reward pks with insurance money.

G

then there would be mass outrage on the uhall in mins of just the annoucement of such a thing.

G

Depends on how it forced me to Fel - the 'candle of love' event was good since it was so spread out that i didnt mind going to Fel but the Magicina event was a waste of time going to Fel it was like a shooting gallery tournament going in and out since there was no way to avoid the reds, too small of a space made for a perfect hunting ground for them.

I admit I am horrible at PvP but i accept that this will happen when I make my forays into Fel (I do champ spawns regularily). So if event is spread out over a large area then I do not mind events happening in Fel but if event is in a small contained area again then I probably would pass

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak of your shard during the ophidian invasion, but in Europa Magincia...

Some reds went in to grief (your word - not mine) the participants.
Some reds went in to PvM to help defend our shards' history.
Some reds went in to try to protect the blue PvMers.
Plenty of blues went in to take cheap-shots at reds who were otherwise engaged.

Events on the Trammel facet should, at least, be completely mirrored on the Felucca side, and I would prefer that most events had a small section which was Felucca-specific: Not as a lure to bring "Trammies" to the slaughter, but as an opportunity to show that not every red character is a foul-mouthed antisocial moron.