• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What I hate...

• Thread starter Crazy Fireball
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Crazy Fireball

What I Really hate is that when people, anywhere, just send you a PM and ask to be your tf. Usally its a noob, but still its WICKED annoying..

Dont ya think?

S

SkinnyBiscuitxxBack

You hate them for that?
I find it a compliment that someone would be willing to ask to be my TF.

I wouldn't be so upset that someone just asks to be a tf...

S

SuperOzzie

wait..i thought u needed a code to be tf.. u cant send codes through speedchat? can you? IM CONFUSED??

S

Squeaker

I can't believe this issue is even posted! If someone asks you to friend in game, do you scream "NO!" at them? Personally, I whisper the "Sorry, my friend's list is full" phrase. Not insulting and NOT thrown out in public. I'm sure there are many more tactful ways that you could have handled this, other than attempting to make them feel inferior to you. I am certainly happy that I have never sent you a pm, I would hate to feel the way I'm sure others do right now.

Sorry if that's harsh but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm sure you didn't mean for it to sound so insulting.

C

Crazy Fireball

I can't believe this issue is even posted! If someone asks you to friend in game, do you scream "NO!" at them? Personally, I whisper the "Sorry, my friend's list is full" phrase. Not insulting and NOT thrown out in public. I'm sure there are many more tactful ways that you could have handled this, other than attempting to make them feel inferior to you. I am certainly happy that I have never sent you a pm, I would hate to feel the way I'm sure others do right now.

Sorry if that's harsh but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm sure you didn't mean for it to sound so insulting.
No, you misunderstood, I had to type that fast so i didnt finish my tought.

Its maininly on Bigger fourms like TTC, Random people with like, 4 posts, will PM You and be like, BE MY FRIEND, i usally ignore them, and it happened today today, I deleted the pm. I just dont like it and i was wondering if you guys did.

Z

ZippyW

Don't you get that when you're playing the game too? If I forget to flip that switch, I get asked all the time. I was always a little curious about that, because it was not something I ever did ... just ask random big toons to be my friend. I think I've only made friends with toons I was in a battle with or met through some other friend. What's funny is when you aren't accepting new friends and they send you a whisper asking to be your friend, you say "Sorry, I can't" or "My friends list is full" and they say NO. Don't they realize you've been playing a long time and have been asked before? Or that there would be no reason for you to add them to your list if you are just running across a playground? Doesn't make me mad, I just wonder about the thought process.

S

Squeaker

Yes, it is a bit annoying at times but please understand that there are young children that play this game. They don't always understand and are not always trying to be abnoxious (unlike some teens and adults that I know). Most of the time you can tell when they're trying to be bothersome and it's usually just not the case. Many kids on here can't even read and just randomly click speedchat. Maybe bugging someone to be their friend has worked in the past - there is an ignore button for a worst case scenario.

I'm happy that I misread your first post. I'm sure there's a way to not accept pm's (experts?) so you won't be bothered anymore.

C

Crazy Fireball

Don't you get that when you're playing the game too? If I forget to flip that switch, I get asked all the time. I was always a little curious about that, because it was not something I ever did ... just ask random big toons to be my friend. I think I've only made friends with toons I was in a battle with or met through some other friend. What's funny is when you aren't accepting new friends and they send you a whisper asking to be your friend, you say "Sorry, I can't" or "My friends list is full" and they say NO. Don't they realize you've been playing a long time and have been asked before? Or that there would be no reason for you to add them to your list if you are just running across a playground? Doesn't make me mad, I just wonder about the thought process.
Yes, it is a bit annoying at times but please understand that there are young children that play this game. They don't always understand and are not always trying to be abnoxious (unlike some teens and adults that I know). Most of the time you can tell when they're trying to be bothersome and it's usually just not the case. Many kids on here can't even read and just randomly click speedchat. Maybe bugging someone to be their friend has worked in the past - there is an ignore button for a worst case scenario.

I'm happy that I misread your first post. I'm sure there's a way to not accept pm's (experts?) so you won't be bothered anymore.
I Used to ask but now i dont, i mean it can be annoying.. I Dont play that much anymore so I Dont take the codes.. I Tell people that but they still want one.. Well I dont know ;)

Z

ZippyW

VERY good point, Squeaker. That's exactly what I tell myself when any random does something that grates on my nerves.... that there is a high probability that it is a child playing, so I try to respond as kindly as I can. Now, there are times when what they do is so obviously JUST to annoy, that I really don't care whether it is a kid or an adult, but I figure if they are clever enough to figure out a way to annoy me that thoroughly, then they are no 8-year-old!!

S

Squeaker

Oh, I never expect someone to roll over and take it, if someone is deliberately being abnoxious. I've seen the nicest toons in the world turn rabid in the face of a horrible kid/nasty adult! I'm usually more subtle when I'm annoyed, I just ignore it - to include their pleas for a toonup. :twak: But, if someone just doesn't know any better, I will try to help them and not get too aggravated.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

When it comes to in game play I tend to try and be a little bit nicer then most when it comes to the requests. The reason for this is my 5 year old son plays on occasion and he will ask just about anyone to be his friend cause he don't look at stats he just liked their look. I have seen him do this once in Donalds Dreamland once and we talked about it. Now he understands why some toons don't want to play with him or be his friend. But not all parents pay attention to what their children are doing on this game because this is a DISNEY FAMILY INTERACTIVE GAME.

So next time you get the request sit back and think about it. They might be some 4 or 5 year old that thinks your toon is the coolest thing around. Take the compliment and move on.