• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What GW2 Players Are Saying On the Net.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to go on a search all over the Internets to just find players comments on various sites. Basically I wanted to see what about Guild Wars 2 that excited the player base and what they were saying.

Our staff here at Guild Wars 2 Stratics hope you enjoy these comments to see others players and fans views on their excitement and reasons to play GW2.

I do want to thank Guild Wars 2 Guru posters, GW2-guide posters, GWOnline.Net posters, Massivelyjoystiq.com posters, GuildWars2Roleplayers.com posters, GW2Fans.com posters, and GuildWars2Forum.com posters for all your comments.

“I believe the game play, DE, visuals, and lore will make playing this game immersive in a way that no other game has even come close to. GW2 will allow me to actually feel like a unique player in an elegant world with a rich fantasy story.”

“ I really want to play this game because it's trying to change this old, worn-out, and bland genre into something new and exciting again, and Anet seems soo passionate about what they are doing, which i wholeheartedly respect, and simply adore!

Everything about this game is shaping up to be something truly wonderful - the beautiful art, the fast-paced and dynamic combat, the innovative event system - it all seems to come together coherently in this animate, living world.”

“ I've never been much of an MMO player, mostly because my casual game playing nature didn't fit well with the costly subscriptions that most games required... I don't even remember how I heard about Guild Wars 2, but the more I uncovered about it, the more I loved it. It feels like it is made for me.

A one time payment that will provide me with an in-depth and personal character storyline (one of things I most enjoy in games) and an incredibly diverse world to play in... The races and classes are interesting and unique, the combat seems simple, yet fun, and the world is beautifully crafted and yearns to be explored, unconventional event system, no obnoxious grinding. Honestly, this game just seems perfect..”

“ The #1 reason why I'm so eager to play this game is because Arenanet apparently GETS IT. This game is looking to obliterate ALL the things that made MMO's so damn annoying. Much like WoW was to EQ, it just feels like GW2 is to WoW. What they are doing is the natural progression of the genre.

The main thing that has got me thrilled is the elimination of the trinity. That is just so fabulous I don't even have words for it. Being able to run with whomever you got - makes the game much less of a hassle and infinitely more accessible. ”

“I want to play it because it has a solid story, and it's a game which is Role-player-friendly. Finally putting the RPG in MMORPG back! There are lots of other reasons, but that's the greatest one for me, I'm afraid. ”

“ I like the fact that it is trying something new, unlike most MMos today. ”

“ The most important thing about GW2 is the amount of passion that the developers have for their game, something I haven't really seen for a long time. ”

“ Personally, I'm loving the GW2 stuff so far. I've said it before, I'll say it here again: I think GW2 has a real chance at changing the MMO industry. Unlike GW1, where folks could say "That's not really an MMO," GW2 is shaping up to be JUST like an MMO, except without the BS and the fees. ”

“ 2012 sees the first next gen MMO, and things will never be the same again afterwards. ”

“ I.... I have to choose? I have pretty equal love for all the races.
However, I rarely get tired of norn, so I guess I'll vote norn. I like the aesthetic they have, their penchant for bravery, the Shiverpeaks setting, and their devotion to the Spirits of the Wild. They're also so much fun to draw, with their wild hair, fantasy nordic armor, and tattoos .”

“ Asura are awesome. I love everything about them - their ingenuity, their ease of adaptation, their freaking-awesome city... and yes, even their snarkiness.

Now, don't get me wrong, the other races are pretty cool too (ESPECIALLY Charr and Sylvari), but Asura will always hold a special place in my heart ”

“ My favorites are the humans. I usually try to play humans in games when I can, but Guild Wars humans hold a special place in my heart from GW1. That and the fact that humans are the underdogs in this game really inspires me to play them.

That said, I love each of the other races as well and will have a character from each race! ”

“ 1. As soon as I know GW2's launch date, I'm putting in for vacation at work.
2. Explore. So much exploring. I WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING
3. I'll make my first alt within 20 minutes. I'll have every character slot they give me filled up with reserved names for future concepts. ”

“ When the actual release date is posted, not gonna lie, I'll probably be trying to schedule the following day off of work, so I can get my crap together and get a copy.

Dagny will be up first, for sure! Then, depending on whether or not I've got the time, I'll be putting together my human. Just not sure what his/her name will be or what profession! I think I'll be doing what a lot of other folks are planning to do, and reserve character names and all of that for future characters.

Also, buying energy shots. Diabetes be damned! ”

“ I feel like ArenaNet is actually going to innovate, FOR REAL. We've all heard people talking about how such and such a game is bringing new things to the table but honestly none have really fallen into what I consider true innovation of the genre as a whole. I'm getting to the point where I won't have loads and loads of free time to play an MMO and Guild Wars 2 has promised to be the answer to that problem by still allowing me to play the game, but not feeling like I absolutely have to; either because I'm paying a monthly fee or because I need to keep up with progression ”

“ First, I'm going to cry tears of joy for a hour or so while I stare at the box. When I get into the game, I think I'm going to do a bit of exploring. I really don't plan to grind this game out, I'm going to relax and enjoy my experience. I've always gravitated towards adventuring and finding little nooks and crannies, especially when I first load up a game. Getting lost is part of the fun. ”

“ Curtains closed - check
Phone turned off - check
Email friends that I'm on a trip - check
Catheter with nutritious solution attached to the arm - check

Okay, let's do this thing. “

“ first tears of joy when i get the game =) then close curtains, bring something to drink, turn off the lights, put a hood and headset on my head, cry again, spend a lot of time on character creation, finish character creation, be amazed how super i done it, walk left and right in city or wherever i spawn, then walk around closest city i see,
call my friend to tell him i wont be coming in school and spread some random lie how i wont be seeing anyone few days, continue senseless walking, observe other people, laugh at them how ugly they are, kill asuras as much as i can, laugh at them again ”