• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what gives??... pub 54 we're waiting! / Bob!!!! Give us a status on Pub 54!

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys outta stop gettin yer panties into a bunch n let em fix stuff....

We got a some morons dupin anything they can.....why not have them dupe all the turn-in rewards too, want that?????

Bad enough our economy got jimmy-wacked long back when the so and so's started sellin outside gold.(morons)

play your game and let this guy Bob do his job......

C

Connor_Graham

play your game and let this guy Bob do his job......
NO offense but part of Bob's job this week is to cover for Jeremy and communicate with the community. It would be nice for him to at least give us a "we've identified a problem and are working on it. will release information as it becomes available" type statement so we aren't left in the dark. The dupe situation is speculation anyway. No one "official" has said anything that I've seen that can confirm this. Anyway, if it's just x-sharding that's causing it they can always leave that service inactive and apply the patch so we can get on with the next phase of the turn in. If we don't get it today we'll have to wait until next week because they won't put it in towards the end of the week in case something goes wrong.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the theme of "Car 54 Where Are You?"
Wav file of the theme song here.

There's a hold up in West Brit,
Yew Gate's broken out in fights.
There's a scripter in the dojo
That's been farming there for nights.
Our complaints, they have been filed,
Now the code has been compiled...
Pub 54, Where Are You?
Lariat!!! that's hysterical!! thanks for the morning laugh

:lol:

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO offense but part of Bob's job this week is to cover for Jeremy and communicate with the community. It would be nice for him to at least give us a "we've identified a problem and are working on it. will release information as it becomes available" type statement so we aren't left in the dark. The dupe situation is speculation anyway. No one "official" has said anything that I've seen that can confirm this. Anyway, if it's just x-sharding that's causing it they can always leave that service inactive and apply the patch so we can get on with the next phase of the turn in. If we don't get it today we'll have to wait until next week because they won't put it in towards the end of the week in case something goes wrong.
I don't always agree with Connor (but always give him credit for speaking his mind), in this case he hit the nail on the head!

I think most if not all of us, want them to fix the cheating, IF that is the issue. But so far, all we have is a bunch of players saying that it must be to stop the dupes. I'm not even asking that they say this is why the delay is happening. I'm just asking them to acknowledge that things are progressing (I hope) and perhaps give an estimate of when to expect the new publish. If it needs to be delayed another week or two, So What? Just give us SOME KIND OF INFO!

D

Deb

Maybe we will get it tomorrow...at this rate Jeremy will be back
from vacation before we hear from Bob.:lol:
So hear's hoping we hear from someone or something gets posted on
UOHerald about the status of the Publish and the Strangers. Notice
they still are not random spawning.rolleyes:

L

love2winalot

When somebody is on vacation, or off a few days, or out sick, ect ect, and no one fills in for them at all, and that part of the work comes to a grinding halt, then is that not what is called, "A Skeleton Crew"?:confused:

L

Lariat

Lariat!!! that's hysterical!! thanks for the morning laugh

:lol:
Actually that was just an age test for Stratics posters. So how were the 60's, old lady?

(j/k I'm only 27 and I know about the show)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually that was just an age test for Stratics posters. So how were the 60's, old lady?

(j/k I'm only 27 and I know about the show)
(standard, macroed answer)

uhhh.... don't remember much

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They must be too busy cracking down on all the speedhackers.

C

Connor_Graham

Why not? They publish on Thursdays - just not Fridays (unless it's an important hotfix publish).
If they put it in on Thursday, it would be for the next server maintenance, which would be on Friday.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also remember stratics will be down till monday from noon fri so if did maint fri would be no way for them to know problems

M

Muu Bin

Don't listen to any of them Bob! Nose to the grindstone, work like a dog, and focus focus focus... that must be why there is simply no time for frivolous emails. In fact, you must be exhausted from this non-stop work the EA/ Mythic has got you doing. Go have a biscuit and some tea. Good little monkey...:drool:

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they put it in on Thursday, it would be for the next server maintenance, which would be on Friday.
I'm pretty sure they just don't deploy the publishes on friday - I think they're fine with deploying them thursday so that they get applied friday morning.
I could be wrong though.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm pretty sure they just don't deploy the publishes on friday - I think they're fine with deploying them thursday so that they get applied friday morning.
I could be wrong though.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Thursday pubs are out. It would sure be nice to be able to use this weekend to clean out my house and get it redesigned.

P

Prince Caspian

I could be wrong though.
You are absolutely right. Jeremy herself has said that they "avoid Friday patches like the plague" because things could break over the weekend.

Sensible, actually. I don't have a problem with that.

However, Jer needs to stop saying it "should go live next week" because she hasn't been on target yet with that statement.

She's starting to become the Tony Schiavone of EA to the fans. (obscure metaphor alert) :p

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FoF publishes at around, oh say 2:15pm on Friday..... what's that you say? no Stratics available to the angry mobs? ah gee, have to wait until sometime Monday for all those comments, then

ol' Bob ain't dumb :mf_prop:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, seems we got a patch at least.. maybe this is a sign the publish is comin?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, seems we got a patch at least.. maybe this is a sign the publish is comin?
We did? And no, the information would already be published into the client, they just have to flip the switch... I think.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well yeah, but I meant that maybe waiting for this patch to be ready is what pushed the publish back for everyone because something in the client needed fixin first.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well yeah, but I meant that maybe waiting for this patch to be ready is what pushed the publish back for everyone because something in the client needed fixin first.
Well that means we still would have to wait for tomorrow, unless they take the shards down temporarily... Hey, its happened before.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, I hope they DO bring them down for it if this is what was holdin up the publish. I can live with the shards bein down an hour for that.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell, I hope they DO bring them down for it if this is what was holdin up the publish. I can live with the shards bein down an hour for that.
Same, I got CoD4 and CS:S to play for a while... :p

B

Bullet

Ok folks, ghive them a break. With Jeremy away for a while they are down 50% of their employees

L

Lord Kynd

Tomorrow will make a week since Origin was published... Must be some major problems on there if its taking this long... It's not like it takes effort to publish shards after the actual work is done, right?

and so what happened to when Origin shard was created it was to be the pruduction test shard for one week before anything rolled out to normal shards.

test... Origin .. normal ....
i'm glad they are actually taking there time for a change, maybe there will be less bug's too.

oh wait, thats why Origin was made so WE could find bugs before the normal shards got hit.

F

Flora Green

- Yes he did; and I think he responded to it a bit as well (looks like we'll be able to read them too, soon).

Cocoa trees? I mean coconuts are great and all; but surely they are working on some pretty important UO stuffs. Let them work; and talk later if need be.
You're right. I should have checked first regarding what is "important". Glad we all play the same templates.

S

Sarphus

I think the publish is just a cliloc grammar fix. Just a guess.

Sometimes clilocs have incorrect grammar in them, which causes people to comment.

C

Connor_Graham

This is what it says on the UO site:

2D and KR Clients Updated

Robert Mull09 Jul 2008 15:26:18

At 3:30PM EST, the KR and 2D client patches will be updated (KR version 2.54.0.7, 2D version 6.0.9.2). This patch updates the clilocs.

I don't think we got what we were looking for. At least we know Bob's at work today though....

A

AesSedai

You're right. I should have checked first regarding what is "important". Glad we all play the same templates.
- If they are working on trying to keep what they release from really messing things up in UO (or trying to stop something that already is messing things up), then they probably are working on something more important than cocoa trees. I'm not knocking your playstyle. Just saying that they might be working on something that affects all playstyles & that would seem more important, to me.

A

Adam Randall

And now for something completely different :)

just watch the news on uoherald.com