• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What games are you currently playing and what titles are you looking forward to?

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Left4Dead 2 and Dead Island. I'm a zombie killing machine.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aside from brief forays into UO to unwind, Steam says it best:
Playing time: 0 hrs past 2 weeks
:(

I'm a PHP/CSS/HTML learning machine.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm waiting on the game I'm helping work on. :D

Tentatively titled "Ryuu Online."

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Playing Battlefield 3, thoroughly enjoying it.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Playing Battlefield 3, thoroughly enjoying it.
This title looks amazing. Really want to play it, but my computer won't run it. Planning to buy myself a computer for Christmas, though, and BF3 is the first game on my wish list thereafter.

M

Monkeybear

Right now World of Warcraft and a bit of Second Life, can't wait for Mists of Pandaria.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty cool that WoW subscribers will get Diablo3 for free. Swifty seemed pretty impressed with the new expansion.

I dont play WoW but I dont understand some of the hate on stratics from some WoW players about the new expansion. Hope you enjoy Mists of Pandaria when it comes out :)

M

Monkeybear

I signed up for the annual pass deal as soon as it was announced just for the MoP beta.. not too fussed on Diablo I have never played it before.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I would of saved that article I had came across about Mists of Pandaria. In the article they stated that some ex dreamwork employees that had worked on Kung Fu Panda was working with Blizzard on the expansion. Not sure if it's all true but was pretty interesting read.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've also been playing a game called Dark Souls on my Xbox360 (it's a console exclusive) and it's been an absolute thrill ride from the moment I started. It's a Fantasy RPG game set in a dying world that has fallen siege to various demons, beasts, and the undead. You play the role of a hollowed being (with a wide range of class selections from theif to sorcerer) who hasn't yet completely lost their sanity and must fight to keep the small amount of humanity they have left. Your quest takes you through fortresses, dungeons, cities, and forests where you collect souls, weapons, armor, and items that make you more powerful as you progress.

The fun of the game is never knowing what (or who) is lurking around the next corner as you make your way through the world. Nothing about this game is easy and dying is inevitable. So if you've gotten used to all the easy, simplistic, boring games that you can yawn your way through then you can just skip this one. But if you're up for a real challenge that includes epic boss battles and online multiplayer co op and PvP (players can invade the worlds of other players in search of items and also to attack members of opposing clans) then this game is awesome.

[youtube]PsrNWNc2VCA[/youtube]

T

Tox The Murder

Still playing UO...still love it...after 13 years :D

umm...mw3,skyrim and bf3 on xbox 360..beastly

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm on a Combat Arms fast until they release a patch to repair the client stability issues. In the meantime, I have been playing Team Fortress 2.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Team Fortress 2 is a good game :p

Though SW:TOR is what I'm waiting for.
That and my new laptop to arrive.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've really been getting into it. Even purchased a few items. I think my favorite character to play is a scout in special delivery garb, but I tend to do best with a sniper. Also starting to get the hang of using my pyro's air blast to keep enemies floating, while setting them alight.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I picked up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on sale a couple days ago not expecting much and have been pleasantly surprised so far. I felt the franchise had gone too far into the ridiculous with Modern War 2 and Black Ops and thought this game would just be more of the same or worse. But I have to admit I am impressed by the changes they've made, which I feel are major improvements to everything that has gone wrong with Call of Duty. Hear me out though, this isn't full on redemption for those who have the same feelings about Call of Duty, but it is some moves in a different direction from where the franchise has been going and I feel the multiplayer gameplay has seen some major improvements into the realm of reasonsable gameplay in this edition. I'm still a bigger fan of DICE's Battlefield franchise at this point, even with all the bugs it includes. However, I'm glad CoD made some changes for the better rather than for the worse as has been their most recent trend.