• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What few small changes would you like the dev to do? I SAID SMALL

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why I have been arguing the better point. There should be rare loot drops based on the number of players with rights. Things that only can be earned with 5+, 10+ and 15+ killers with rights. Solo all you want but without the numbers will never see those higher group drops.
in this way you just add more items, but the problem will still... for example: if you go to miasma 90% of the times there is someone else farming, and 70% of those people will NOT accept to take turns. In this scenario, very often it ends in some lame player luring the rend and messing up the spawn to kill the others.
If everyone can has full loot, there will never be luring monsters to kill players. In order to make the game fair and balanced, the full loot for everyone is the best option, then as I said the player damage scale based on the attackers number will provide the right challenge for everyone and is a win win :p

Adding more items based on the attacker number is nice but it just won't solve anything and will works only on bosses...

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Wild GD's could have a rare chance to Drop a Tamers Harness.....I'm not a Tamer...But I like it....

But in PVP, you wouldn't be able to kill the Tamer first....might have to be just a travelling harness....You shouldn't be able to fight in Kitten Mode
The only fighting in kitten mode would be the GD's claw and spells. Their breath weapon is what tips the scales and with a mouth full of tamer would not happen. Could on your note and the auto pet log the tamer wouldn't be logging anywhere fast either. Tamer not having spell options while carried would have no recall out in PVP. It is the pets AI that is it's weakness. Kitten mode was a thought to get a pet to a tough location without it being confused on what way to go around a tree or how to walk around a corner. Question would be if the tamer can take direct or area damage being carried. As a team you end up with a smarter GD that can move a mounted speed with no breath weapon.

Could look at it a new line of pets or new tamer template skill added. A tamer would meld with a pet without blue skin and a freakish ponytail.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in this way you just add more items, but the problem will still... for example: if you go to miasma 90% of the times there is someone else farming, and 70% of those people will NOT accept to take turns. In this scenario, very often it ends in some lame player luring the rend and messing up the spawn to kill the others.
If everyone can has full loot, there will never be luring monsters to kill players. In order to make the game fair and balanced, the full loot for everyone is the best option, then as I said the player damage scale based on the attackers number will provide the right challenge for everyone and is a win win :p

Adding more items based on the attacker number is nice but it just won't solve anything and will works only on bosses...
Miasma and that PVM area is just the best example of those thinking not having a clue. 10gal crap forced in a 5gal bucket. A creature as one the sweetest risk vs reward on the doorstep of one the worse risk vs reward. The Lab should of had levels/floors and miasma and few bulls on one them. The whole level having the spawn generator of the lich room in Doom. More greeters for the added guest.

Miasma and anything NOT in a revamp dungeon has loot? Today is more on the line of recycling stuff. Imbuers today make better gear using basic materials. Wont tangent on the PoF factor. It is more about the rare pack drops right down to the moonstone drop. Having the bosses and named having desired drops based off number of attackers is not a game killer. Promoting the continued solo greed to nausea boredom compounded with days long spamming sale of hardly earned loot is the killer. And how many of those dead shard soloist really call the shard home?

A players damage scale? How going to go about nerfing PVM damage and not awake the ghost in the machine that lurks in the PVP world? I propose the ideal of getting groups to work to faster kills. Doing less damage and taking longer to curb soloist doing their biz. Soloist will just turn that 1 hour to 2 hour fight and the new request for spawned boss timers not being fair.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we all have our idea of what "SMALL" is. And while I am not any one to quible size... That coding is up the the Dev who took Grim's place.... He had big shoes to fill and well... he is still trying to stretch his toes down to the tips.
I would like to commend all for the quite wide diversity of things they would like addressed. Our point of this is to get the DEV to notice we have wish lists that are quite doable.
Its a small thing to lighten the interrior of a bag/pouch. While some others might take a bit of trial and error on test.

Given they are in the middle of Armor and Weapons change I doubt they are in the mood to kibitz with this list till its over..
But I do want a word with Mesanna that they could at the very least look at what players here have suguested and see if some of the good ideas could be looked into.....

Keep thinking people... the game is nothing with out you...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, It is better, but this Topic is "I said small".

If I can say "middle", I ask to Devs, add sit down bed and ”lie down on a bed”. But I think it is not small.....;)
I never understood why our characters won't sit or lay down in a bed... What's the point of having beds in game if your character can't really use or interact with them???

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morality
Back in the first few years when we only had fel didnt your shard have a lovers spot.... well quite a few of the shards I had drifted to when my first shard went down had some sort of adult "play" area. Now remember UO didnt let in anyone under 18 in game... so it was all adults playing..
I think the minute the kiddies were allowed in the idea of being able to lay on a bed was a no no.....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we all have our idea of what "SMALL" is. And while I am not any one to quible size... That coding is up the the Dev who took Grim's place.... He had big shoes to fill and well... he is still trying to stretch his toes down to the tips.
I would like to commend all for the quite wide diversity of things they would like addressed. Our point of this is to get the DEV to notice we have wish lists that are quite doable.
Its a small thing to lighten the interrior of a bag/pouch. While some others might take a bit of trial and error on test.

Given they are in the middle of Armor and Weapons change I doubt they are in the mood to kibitz with this list till its over..
But I do want a word with Mesanna that they could at the very least look at what players here have suguested and see if some of the good ideas could be looked into.....

Keep thinking people... the game is nothing with out you...
I would think it's about time for the team to be coming up with a list of "small" things for a summer intern or two to tackle. Hopefully we've come up with enough ideas that Mesanna can justify asking for an intern to come in and "cut their teeth" on designing or programming some of them.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many ideas here are very good....
I have hope that Mesanna will see our list and give the proper personel a peek and perhaps see what can be done about applying it to the game...
How about it Mesanna?

Vessel the Humakti

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I never understood why our characters won't sit or lay down in a bed... What's the point of having beds in game if your character can't really use or interact with them???
I think so.
And I guess.... no one wants to make lay down pause with all of Mail, Arms, Cloth, Caps..... It is caused by Human resource or something "Money" issue. Just only "I GUESS"

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like to see an option with powder of fortifying that allows the user to select how many charges to use per item or a "use all" command.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see in my head a picture of a birds nest with pink little baby birds with huge mouths screaming MORE MORE MORE! *blushes* still its nice to see im not alone with my wishes;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think so.
And I guess.... no one wants to make lay down pause with all of Mail, Arms, Cloth, Caps..... It is caused by Human resource or something "Money" issue. Just only "I GUESS"
Just make the graphic of them laying down UNDER the blanket... this way you don't have to simulate clothes at all.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of Carpenters and Chef's bods.... if there was some sort of bod system ... it dotn need be massive, infact they could put it in one gump for "Crafts" Think of all the loose food taking up space in chests in homes... or the bank floors covered in spyglasses or furnature... Fill a bod... I'd up the antie on the amounts required though not 10 15 and 20..... better set of numbers wouldbe 25, 50, and 100 count. Gifts could be anything from super tool's to deco items. Usefull stuff that players could use up with large #s or like suguested before a combinaton deed that would take and add the counts of tools to make 1 large use count one.

T maps and Sos's loot table was worked on and well while its not the best and I would add to the Sos table the addition of ML ingredents... a better chance for a nice piece of armor or weapon in exchange for less in the chests would be nice. Like 15 to 25+ lrc or Slayer type weapon...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd up the antie on the amounts required though not 10 15 and 20..... better set of numbers wouldbe 25, 50, and 100 count.
<Winces> 100 Arcanist Statues would be 25000 boards, other things have high fail rates that would make making 100 of them be as expensive. I'd want some seriously fantastic rewards for each BOD before I'd waste resources on doing the BODs. Shoot it would be as bad as hunting pirate ships where you get 10k gold and a fancy cannonball in exchange for the million gold you spent in cannon shots and ship repairs.

What kind of rewards would be neat to get for Carpentry BODs? Hopefully not Carpentry powerscrolls unless they raise the skill point max above 720.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tanivar I was thinking of all the general stuff that is usualy in the banks and ground at New Haven..
But for the bigger use items like what you pointed out .. i can see 100 count bods, multi type bods for the larges.
Large Bods could be 25,50,100 of 4, 5 , or 6 different types of any one craft item. This giving a +20 powerscroll or even a Tool combiner deed to the max of say 1000 to 5000 uses. (this would mean you can drop on the deed enough tools to equil the total on the deed then it becomes that tool with that many charges)
Deco could be special forges, looms, spinning wheels, perhaps even furnature that gives bonus's for a short time when you craft near them.
You think about it this would help out Carpeners, Tinkers, Scribes, Cartographers, Alchemists, Gardeners... there are tons in the UO world in deco many players have seen in shops that have been wished for for home deco.. and there is plenty of ideas to do more. I added gardening to the mix as we all have plants that well......... no one wantsand cutting them up for baskets is good but why not a bit more for them too. 20, 40, 60 of any plant could get you a special seed or a super pot that grows plants in 24 hours... its not hardto think of things for this that would spark more players to work in uo.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh add in that list Bow crafters... just ran through a bank with tons all over the place...

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The carpenter menue is a mess. Others. Misc add ons. Furniture. there are furny among deeds and deeds amoung furny. Tables or stuff you sit on or containers can be found both here and there. All added at the bottom of the list when we got a new publish. If you were not around all the time its hard to know where to look. I went nuts finding elven podiums the other day. Thought somewhere with stuff like easels and music stands.. Just sort out the whole thing, add pics and I would love if less of them were in deed form. please?:bowdown:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the feeling there Minerva.
The menu's look like hack jobs that were just an adenda to the skill advancments. Not truely thought out.
There is many things I personally would like to see added and changed... You cant tell me it would take that much to rearange the menu for a better cohesion of items.
Another small change I'd love to see is plots... i mean there are some nice places but a tree is right smack dab in the bloody middle of it. Ether make a way to 86 the tree or make it place over that makes it poof for the house duration.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those that use Pinco's, some of the desired improvements to crafting menu has been added. If you don't use Pinco's or tried it a long time ago and didn't like it....could be worth a revisit. Lot of really good stuff.

Having said that....this has likely been mentioned but the ability to cut huge stacks of hides into leather while on the ground would be nice. If you have ever bought a stack of 500 hides from a vendor, you know what I mean.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2