• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What exactly is the effect of Int/Mana on a Cu Sidhe?

• Thread starter Luke Carjacker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

Luke Carjacker

I guess the question could apply to hiryu, raptors, or any pets that do not cast spells. I just tamed my all-time personal best cu sidhe. 311 total resists, 595 HP, and a nice grey color to boot (I know, grey isn't super rare, but I like it and at least it's not the plain colored one).

Anyhow, I'm really happy with this guy, and just starting his training after bonding. Every single aspect is great, except for Int, which is only 258 (maybe an all-time low for one I've tamed). The pet rater gives him a 4.1, in spite of the lower Int.

Now, my question is, what exactly is the point of high Int on a Cu Sidhe? He's not gonna need the additional mana, he's not going to see a spell-damage boost. I don't really know how Int or mana will affect his performance. He's gonna be a killer all the same, should I just forget he's stupid? Hehe.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's gonna be a killer all the same, should I just forget he's stupid? Hehe.
ROFL!!!! Poor, stupid cu!!! LOL!!!

Ahhh yes. At 4.1, I'd just give him a pat on the head and say, All Kill! He's a keeper :) Just avert your eyes when he walks into a tree or something.

L

Luke Carjacker

it's special moves, namely, the cu's bleed attack
Yeah, that makes sense, I forgot about special moves. So I decided to keep a close eye on mana as I trained him. I pitted 2 Cus against one another and monitored their mana reserves from time to time over the course of about an hour. One of the Cus had 281 mana, the other 258. They were bleeding the hell out of each other and blood was spattering everywhere the whole time. I didn't see mana drop by more than 30 points or so max (in other words always comfortably above 200+ mana remaining) on either Cu over the course of the entire hour.

I then tried the Cu against a few other creatures and mana use seemed to be equally reserved. If that's the only thing that mana affects, then I'm pretty convinced that for a pet like a Cu, int/mana is a non-issue. Now I have seen banes and dreads run out of mana during the course of a normal fight, but it's different for spellcasters obviously.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the cu's healing is like the healing or vet skill (since, when they die, they have bandages on their corpses). If that's the case, no mana used there. Just a timer (which for player healing, is based on dex, and for vet skill, is just standard).

U

uoBuoY

Then it should be labeled "Veterinary" and not "Healing"!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL maybe :) though by definition, something veterinary refers to the study of the medical treatment of animals, and a cu sidhe wouldn't really have to study animals to heal its wounds, since it IS an animal. It would heal itself! So if I had to guess, that's why they call it healing - because from the cu sidhe's perspective, it is performing healing without the study of another species required. :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My feeling is on a cu sidhe intelligence makes little to no difference. I don't think it would even have much of an effect if the cu sidhe were mana vamp'd, especially if it is trained.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My feeling is on a cu sidhe intelligence makes little to no difference. I don't think it would even have much of an effect if the cu sidhe were mana vamp'd, especially if it is trained.
This! at least not anything you are going to notice

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard difficulty

Barding difficulty is a formula based on all the pet's stats including mana/int. I guess your tamed cu will have slightly less resistance to discord if it attacks a satyr, or if a player trains discord on it.

Same for the gamans and blue beetles, INT raises their bard difficulty for discord training.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: Bard difficulty

Barding difficulty is a formula based on all the pet's stats including mana/int. I guess your tamed cu will have slightly less resistance to discord if it attacks a satyr, or if a player trains discord on it.

Same for the gamans and blue beetles, INT raises their bard difficulty for discord training.
Good point, but not enough to really make a significant difference.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never noticed the effects of the Cus intelligence score on its performance. They seem to bleed attack just as often regardless of their INT. What makes or breaks a Cu is its resists and hit points.

Stayin Alive,

BG