• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What EXACTLY does Dexterity do?

F

FencingParry

I know what Dexterity is in every game I have ever played.
Cant seem to find exactly what dexterity does.
I would think it effects attack speed, but from things ive read;
it has nothing to do with it.
So a description of exactly what dexterity does would be great
Thank you

G

It does indeed affect your swing speed. Swing speed is based upon stamina which in turn is based on dexterity. The higher your dexterity, the higher your stamina. Now your stamina may be depleted in battle or if you are running. Thus your swing speed may decrease as your stamina drops but if you are at full stamina you will notice a much faster swing speed.

F

FencingParry

Simple enough.
I guess what was confused me was I interpreted stamina to = strength.
When I should have said stamina = dexterity.
Alrighty. thank you

G

The stats (barring mods to them) are DEX = Stamina 1:1, INT = Mana 1:1, STR = Hit points (STR/2 +50) ... carry weight is a factor of STR as well something like STR*3+40 or something.

DEX also helps when applying bandages ... the higher you have the less time for them to kick in.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stamina is important for parrying too. When stamina drops you will parry alot less and get alot more damage to you.

G

Some more detail: If your stamina drops to zero, you cannot move. This happens easier if you start with low dex and take a lot of damage.

I

imported_Lyconis

Also minimum dexterity of 80 is required to use the full potential of the parry skill.