• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What effect does High Neg Karma Have on Necromancy?

G

Paladins get a boost for positive Karma, and just about everyone who I talk to that was here when Age Of Sorrows, err... Age of Shadows came out seems to remember a blurb about negative Karma Having some effect on Necromancy or damage or duration or something.

And if not, WHAT GOOD IS KARMA ANYWAY???????

5% Luck

Negative karma in the case of the necromancer will increase the amount of mana "healed" by a shadow wisp. As far as I know this is the only benefit from havening lower karma.

I

imported_Desolation87

Think about it, Necromancy are evil spells that arn't supposed to be used. Hence giving you a nasty title. Why should they reward you for being bad? It's more roleplay than anything else. But I've never worried about karma, just something I ignore nowadays. But it's the small touches that give games life, this is what they are doing with Karma.

On another note, it does affect some necro spells I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, however, it's not a differect opposite to chivalry, so won't affect it loads.

E

eolsunder1

Well stupidly they tied necro power to spirit speak, so negative karma really doesn't affect your necro much, thats why many players run about with vamp paladins because high positive karma won't hurt your necro.

Which is about as opposite the paladin/necro thing as it goes. Paladins suppose to be good, necros bad. Cept with paladins good karma is a bonus, and with necros, karma means squat either way.

Most necro abiities are Spirit speak based when it determines damage/duration, etc. As long as your spirit speak is high, your set.