• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) What does SP weigh?

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better put, what is the specific gravity of this shard? I pose the question because some force of attraction brings everyone back here, no matter how much energy spent trying to reach escape velocity. You can tell I am not a rocket surgeon (though I think rockets are cool) or brain scientist (because brains are really icky to look at - just sayin), so I hope someone out there is able to posit a reasonable theory. Thank you in advance!

Hattori Hanzo,
Ka-ge Ninja
Legendary Tamer

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
oh it does and its true... I left Lake Superior and I just cant find my way back :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WE CAN DIE HERE WE CAN BE DRY LOOTED...WE CAN FALL, We can become victims ! YAY no insurance or there was not once upon a time. There was no trammel, SIEGE PERILOUS where ya can become a victim of...gravity ! lol Love it or leave it but the gravity gonna pull ya back here anyhow ! lol seen u post hi HAT u 'once' pkd me you sorry arse, lol anyhow seen ur name remembered that ONE TIME u killed me. lol had to say howdy !

Oh wait ..forgot, yu sic'd your tamed foo foo hiru or whatever pet, on me, it killed me but u sent it at me ! lol

Last edited:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I once came here cuz Siege was the only shard left that was more like UO originally was back when I began playing in 98, FREEDOM ! No wussy stuff once upon a time the way UO originally was meant to be ! PVP, pks, anyone, red or blue could DIE and fun ! Then it got wussy all over ! Bleh I miss all that when all our myriads of reds quit ! Then UO even on Siege got boring ! Meh !

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WE CAN DIE HERE WE CAN BE DRY LOOTED...WE CAN FALL, We can become victims ! YAY no insurance or there was not once upon a time. There was no trammel, SIEGE PERILOUS where ya can become a victim of...gravity ! lol Love it or leave it but the gravity gonna pull ya back here anyhow ! lol seen u post hi HAT u 'once' pkd me you sorry arse, lol anyhow seen ur name remembered that ONE TIME u killed me. lol had to say howdy !

Oh wait ..forgot, yu sic'd your tamed foo foo hiru or whatever pet, on me, it killed me but u sent it at me ! lol
Thanks for bringing my own thread back after I hijacked it myself.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hello Hattori

Nice to see you.

There is no escape from here, you will always be drawen back. May not be a bad time as a new expension are on the way, 1st. part is on TC and if you activate your account Sep, Oct or Nov month, the upgrade is free.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege is not dead yet :p
You may like VvV, teasing the PvP'ers with running with the sigels without they get you.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Hattori

Nice to see you.

There is no escape from here, you will always be drawen back. May not be a bad time as a new expension are on the way, 1st. part is on TC and if you activate your account Sep, Oct or Nov month, the upgrade is free.
Thanks Freja. I plan on it.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I once came here cuz Siege was the only shard left that was more like UO originally was back when I began playing in 98, FREEDOM ! No wussy stuff once upon a time the way UO originally was meant to be ! PVP, pks, anyone, red or blue could DIE and fun ! Then it got wussy all over ! Bleh I miss all that when all our myriads of reds quit ! Then UO even on Siege got boring ! Meh !
I have never heard those tunes before! Thank you.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad2: Well here ya go Hattori...my first intro to UO when I began playing, UO the world that once was ...'dangerous' thus intriquing and fun on all shards !! And my first ever expansion was the lost lands t2a. But there was no insurance and no trammel back then...yay ! LOL I still have ALL my UO boxes I bought over the years per accts. per expansions. Shoot I was even in Order and factions once upon a time then they created...ttttttttttram tttrammel and insurance..and I moseyed on over to Siege perma like 2001. lol

BTW wasn't it one of these foo foo kind of pets that ya sic'd on me on Siege, way back when ? :D I tried to pet the darn fool thing and offered it a slab of meat...maybe it pkd me on it's own, got mad at me, if it wanted fruit instead of raw rack of rib meat ! :)

:hahaha:

Last edited:

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better put, what is the specific gravity of this shard? I pose the question because some force of attraction brings everyone back here, no matter how much energy spent trying to reach escape velocity. You can tell I am not a rocket surgeon (though I think rockets are cool) or brain scientist (because brains are really icky to look at - just sayin), so I hope someone out there is able to posit a reasonable theory. Thank you in advance!

Hattori Hanzo,
Ka-ge Ninja
Legendary Tamer

I have a possible theory, but we need to define some basic terms first:
A) Gravity - A force pulling all matter. The more matter, the more gravity.
B) Mass - The amount of matter in something.
C) Gravity Well - The pull of gravity that a large body in space exerts. The larger the body (the more mass) the more of a gravity well it has.
D) Escape Velocity - The speed that is needed to break free of a gravitational well and leave it without further propulsion.

So... back to the basic question. What is the gravity of this shard? Aside from the obvious answer of 42 (provided by Deep Thought, but that is another story), the answer may be that it is ever moving, growing thus cannot be calculated.

The basic theory.
The evil devs (creators of this particular gaming space and universe) have studied Gravity, Mass, Gravity Wells, and Escape Velocity with a passion. They understand that if they created more Mass (land mass, more weapons, deco, housing, crafting items, etc.) that it would create a larger gravity well that would prevent you from fully escaping. So.... beware of those non-functional holiday gifts, non-stackable items and useless monster loot... they are added with pure evil intent and only add to the gravity well.

If you did happen to escape SP, the other shards were built to keep you in the general orbit of the UO universe and it is only a matter (no pun intended) of time that you would slowly circle back an land on SP.

Since you mentioned that you are no rocket surgeon or brain scientist, the video below may provide some basic enlightenment.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW wasn't it one of these foo foo kind of pets that ya sic'd on me on Siege, way back when ? :D I tried to pet the darn fool thing and offered it a slab of meat...maybe it pkd me on it's own, got mad at me, if it wanted fruit instead of raw rack of rib meat ! :)

:hahaha:
That darned Cu Sidhe would never mind me properly. Found pic of her.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QZ summed it up nicely. Few reds, very little left that isn't blessed. I suppose it's fun for pve minded folks but it lacks risk these days.

Alot of us old school sp folks have "moved on" to similar lands without insurance or mass blessings. :)

Syrus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
QZ summed it up nicely. Few reds, very little left that isn't blessed. I suppose it's fun for pve minded folks but it lacks risk these days.

Alot of us old school sp folks have "moved on" to similar lands without insurance or mass blessings. :)
That is what I have done as well. I have still been watching SP a bit though, as something about where I am now seems a bit out of whack. Maybe I went to the wrong "places".

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Im not sure abut the weight of siege but when I started playing Cats umteen years ago my daughter was playing also. She had a friend Ian she wanted to see if he weighed more dead or alive, so she killed him. I think he weighed more dead than alive. So if we want weight here we all need to run around as ghosts.