• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What does Poisoning Skill effect?

• Thread starter SweetbabyPacific
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SweetbabyPacific

Is the Serpent's Fang hit poison area affected by poisoning Skill. also is poison field affect by poisoning skill. my poisoning skill is at 80.

G

The hit poison area is not effected by your poisoning skill on the serpents fang. It's just like hit fire, energy or physical area an any weapon. The area effect is spread around a few tiles from you as you use the weapon. For instance, in PvM everything around you will take poison damage as you use the weapon. For this reason, you will see the weapon used a fair bit in PvM but rarely in PvP.

Your poison skill, is used for the special move infectious strike. Since the serpents fang is a kryss, if you apply poison to the blade, you can use that special move and get a chance to increase the level of poison that is on the blade.

Yes, poison level of poison fields are determined by your poisoning skill, but also magery. For lvl 4 fields (poison skill + magery) / 2 must be 100+. Since you didn't mention your magery skill level, I can't tell you what lvl your fields will be.

Hope that helps,
Q

G

From the Magery - Spell Descriptions:

Poison Spell:
Does damage depending on the formula ((Magery + Poisoning) / 2):
Less than 65.1 : Level 1 poison
65.1 to 85 : Level 2 poison
85.1 to 99.9 : Level 3 poison
100 and higher : Level 4 poisoning

The same applies to your poison fields.

Don't confuse the mage formula for poison with formula for the special move infectious strike. It's totally different. I only mention this because you have fencing as well as magery.

Hope that helps,
Q