• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What does "gank" mean?

• Thread starter MonkeyBusiness
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MonkeyBusiness

I see people refer to some PvP'ers as "ganks" or that they were killed by a "gank squad". What does "gank" mean and what is a gank squad?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 good example. Your fighting another player 1 on 1 little do you know that there is a hidden stealth archer standing a couple tiles away from you watching the fight. You get low on health and boom your dead because the archer "ganks" you with a cheap shot you never saw coming. Not exactly fair eh.

Another good example. Your fighting at the gate and several players dog pile on you hitting you with everything they have. I consider this a gank. Why because your severely outnumbered and it required no skill on behalf of the 5 other guys to take you out.

There is also the infamous evil omen paralyze followed by energy fields in an X over you while a few players sit back and mana dump on you also requiring no skill because you are unable to do much to avoid being killed.

E

Emil IsTemp

Lets not forget to "gank" as in to steal.

"He ganked my regs man"

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol yeah good one actually. Back in the day I used to hear people complain about others "ganking" all the loot before corpses had instanced loot.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Gank means you throw so many at the foe, it matters not. No defense can fight off a true gank. A true gank never ends. If you consider being out numbered as a gank, you are wrong.

A gank is over whelming. An organized crew is not a gank.