• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What does activate mastery X2 (from Virtuoso Suit) mean?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
As it stands, we can already run both masteries within one of the skills.

Does the X2 refer to meaning that it's 2x as potent?

Does it mean that you can run masteries from 2 different skill groups? So, mana permitting, I could run peace on myself, and disco mastery on my target?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Virtuoso suit allows the bonus to bard skill use granted by having a mastery to be doubled.
So your Chance to provo or peace would normally receive a 5% or 10% bonus from having a mastery, if the virtuoso suit is active that chance changes from 10-20% instead.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the UO Guide page states that the x2 is per piece of virtuoso armor - does this mean you could potentially boost your chances for success by 40-80%

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, good point. 80% would be useful - you'd be 100% to bard anything, 40%, would take you up to an 80%(I think?) chance to disco a 160 difficulty creature.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone use the virtuoso armor set? Can you confirm its useful/uselessness? :) I have been cleaning banks and houses recently and am almost at a point where I could invest in the set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think it stacks. Each piece has a 5 minute cool down so I think they set it up so you could activate different pieces at different times to keep it going.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bonus doesnt stack, but each piece has a separate cooldown, so you could keep it running for 5 mins straight and then 1 min off as the first cooldown ends.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So, if I am understanding this correctly. With the suit, creatures like a para cushide or named creatures where previously you get the "you can't incite that" message will now be provocable? If so the barding calculator is in need of some new code...Any volunteers?