• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you want?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately ive been enjoying piecing together armor and jewels from my collection.

I know what i like it suits, min requirements for my personal play, but wondering what everyone else looks for.

Im talking about 211 stam suits here.

A few questions, and add in anything else you think.

1. Conjurers trinket/faction tally or Slither (slither packs in stats, trinket adds DI

2. How important is DI to a suit? personally i just switch bows if chasing / using moving shot alot. dunno how much others value it.

3. 45dci a must, or can a suit have 40 / refined and still be desireable

4. why does no one use mace and shields anymore? seems it opens up alot of options for weapon / bow.

5. Mana - im assuming 100 or more mana on a human is a must. what does everyone else require?

6. Resists. are 70s resist the norm, or is overcapped fire / poison a must?

Thanks for any input :)

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personal prefs:

1. Conjurers trinket/faction tally or Slither (slither packs in stats, trinket adds DI
Slither. Don't need the DI or HCI
2. How important is DI to a suit? personally i just switch bows if chasing / using moving shot alot. dunno how much others value it.
Only need 39 minimum damage ( displayed in the stat bar ) to cap AI damage @ 35 . Use any combination of items/skills/spells/potions to achieve this ( factor in curse or any other negative effects to keep it at 39 )
3. 45dci a must, or can a suit have 40 / refined and still be desireable
Toss up on this one. I like to have the DCI. I know of some folks that say DCI isn't really need on a PVP ranged/disarm temp since you should always be on the offense.
4. why does no one use mace and shields anymore? seems it opens up alot of options for weapon / bow.
Lets you run 211 stam without having stam jewels. Also ties in with #2. You can whetstone DI off your weapon replace it with HLD and still keep max AI damage.
5. Mana - im assuming 100 or more mana on a human is a must. what does everyone else require?
More is always better. I try to have enough to chain 3-4 specials in a row.
6. Resists. are 70s resist the norm, or is overcapped fire / poison a must?
This one is a toss up for me. If you fight alot of corpse skin/100% poison weps types you'd deff want to run more poison resist. Otherwise the extra poison resist is sitting there doing nothing..

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats what i like lethal, i think with 100 tactics you actually dont need any damage increase on suit for max damage AI. but seems some require it in play (moving shot, base hit, double shot)

i still think mace and shields are underated. with 5stam jewels being relatively cheap nowadays (not bil anymore), i think id rather have mace to be able to open up weapon options. (i dont have a hld splinter hitspell butcher, and cant see myself ever spending the bil one would probably still fetch)
for now i use one with hld splinter, but with mace and shields i would go hla splinter, or hitspell splinter. ones like that are easier to find and more affordable.

everything else was kinda what i was thinking. thanks for the input :)

anyone else have thoughts? i know alot of this basically comes down to personal preference / playstyle.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm definitely no expert; quite interested in the replies. But I found the big negative of the Conjurers trinket, at least in an "all around" suit, is that now you get bit by the anti-slayer, which often really sucks.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm definitely no expert; quite interested in the replies. But I found the big negative of the Conjurers trinket, at least in an "all around" suit, is that now you get bit by the anti-slayer, which often really sucks.
thats very true, have to keep an eye out for orc brutes. for pvm i usually carry an orb for reponds and just deal with the lower stats. not many play faction anymore, but there is the faction primer of arms. same stats as trinket, but no undead slayer.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i still think mace and shields are underated. with 5stam jewels being relatively cheap nowadays (not bil anymore),
I agree with you there. You don't really need to sacrifice helm slot any more since the jewels are affordable now.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats very true, have to keep an eye out for orc brutes. for pvm i usually carry an orb for reponds and just deal with the lower stats. not many play faction anymore, but there is the faction primer of arms. same stats as trinket, but no undead slayer.
Can you still form into an orc as a mage and do double damage? I haven't tried it in forever!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you still form into an orc as a mage and do double damage? I haven't tried it in forever!
really not sure. i think the big magic flippers trick vrs conjurers trinket was changed / fixed. not sure if mage spell was tho.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana is never too much, but minimum disired mana depends on your LMC and Fighting Skill points ( <200 , 200+;300+);

For 200+ FS AI before LMC will cost 25 mana , so final AI cost:
LMC 40-43% - 15 mana
LMC 44-47% -14 mana
LMC 48-51% - 13 mana
LMC >=52% - 12 mana

In this case, if you want 3 AI in a row, and got 52-55 LMC then you need 12+24+24= 60 mana if 4 AI then 84 and so on

For 300+ FS AI cost before LMC is 20 mana and final AI mana cost will reach 9 mana only at 55 LMC, so then 9+18+18+18+...

Im personaly prefer min 75 mana at 200+ FS and min 55 for 300+ FS, cause i never got 4 in a row and i got some MR and Focus.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
really not sure. i think the big magic flippers trick vrs conjurers trinket was changed / fixed. not sure if mage spell was tho.
Polymorph/magic flippers still work vs conjurer's trinket.

It also works in the reverse as well, just as it does in pvm, but the damage is scaled down. AI would do about 40-42 damage, instead of 35.