• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Do You Want In A UO Forum?

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Moderators' duties should not including conducting such a witch hunt. If the developers have turned a blind eye to this, then it needs to be noted that moderators participate here on a voluntary basis and are not responsible for conducting the job Broadsword should be doing.
Well for starters, this is a forum with it's own principles and seeing how I was asked to state what I would want there really is no reason to be arguing with it. This entire thread is a matter of opinion. With this forum having their own principles that seperate themselves from the UO Devs I was stating that I wish they would have more recourse than what already exists. And in reply to your 'witch hunt', all you have to do is match the user's name and icq given here and look at the RMT forums and see that they are identical....pretty hard detective work I guess.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well for starters, this is a forum with it's own principles and seeing how I was asked to state what I would want there really is no reason to be arguing with it. This entire thread is a matter of opinion. With this forum having their own principles that seperate themselves from the UO Devs I was stating that I wish they would have more recourse than what already exists. And in reply to your 'witch hunt', all you have to do is match the user's name and icq given here and look at the RMT forums and see that they are identical....pretty hard detective work I guess.
I hear you there. But again... not the job of Stratics moderators to be trolling other sites, matching ICQs, determining if RMT's took place, and banning people. There is simply no way that such an endeavor would go over well. It would turn into a fiasco... and for what? Stratics should not be participating in that Crusade - leave that to the Developers.

Additionally, on the topic of opinions, I have a much different opinion of RMT's than you do. I personally feel these have kept the game alive and wish the developers would find a way to open this up in a more controlled fashion some how. However, that is all topic for another thread. I respect the current RoC which bans discussion of RMT, but that doesn't mean Stratics should be acting as the game's police force on the issue either.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I hear you there. But again... not the job of Stratics moderators to be trolling other sites, matching ICQs, determining if RMT's took place, and banning people. There is simply no way that such an endeavor would go over well. It would turn into a fiasco... and for what? Stratics should not be participating in that Crusade - leave that to the Developers.

Additionally, on the topic of opinions, I have a much different opinion of RMT's than you do. I personally feel these have kept the game alive and wish the developers would find a way to open this up in a more controlled fashion some how. However, that is all topic for another thread. I respect the current RoC which bans discussion of RMT, but that doesn't mean Stratics should be acting as the game's police force on the issue either.
And you just lost a tremendous amount of respect from me...

RMT should not exist. Any 3rd party selling of anything should be negated by EA/BS/Uo doing it themselves. Rather see money going to the game.

You can respond if you feel obligated, but we are taking this thread off topic.