• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what do you want from uo ....

D

DuHast

what do you want from uo in future ?

is probly a question asked hundreds of times.. but here it is again..

is only a few things i really would like to see ..
1) more craftable gear that is actually worth maken and that would rival runic items . which could also add to the amount of resources or even a compination of exsisting ones .
2) more quest .. now before you all freak not a quest system u have to do but one u could ellect to do . the one thing i hear people say is best about uo is the freedom it gives you to develope a char as you want . i dont know if any of you have actually did the few quest availible to new toons , but i like to see a system where u could actually quest your toon to gm or even 120 ( much like w0w) .if given the choice of beating a golem for a week or questing for a week i think ill do the quest.
3) software added such as punkbuster ... i know nobody wants a game lookin at their pc , im not a pro on punkbuster but i have played with it before as many of u probly have ( http://www.punkbuster.com/ a list of some of the games they patrol .) from what i understand the only imfo it gathers from u is nonpersonal , it just looks to see wht programs u have runnin and prevents u from starting flagged programs ( i know it isnt as simple as that but basicly)
4)a ingame map that can take the place of automap ...

R

Repo

This thread is pretty much satisfied by reading UHall (since most people post their ideas for development here) or the Ideas Den.

But, I'll bite.

The next thing I'd really like to have is an in game search feature which searches player vendors.

I won't go into great detail about it, since there are already several posts on the topic... but basically, it would allow you to find out who is selling those items you're trying to buy, how much they want for it, and where to find them.

K

Kyle

I'd settle for simple accountability.

Amen! The Devs have run rampid spewing thier stupidity upon players for years!!

Get them ingame, Get them to Stop the Duping/Scripting. And have them answer for thier crimes!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Something done about cheating. Punkbuster might be a good option... I'm certainly open to the idea.

2. For UO to get back to it's roots and cater to what I believe is a niche market, in terms of PvP. This is the ONLY game available where true PvP is available to its customers and I believe EA should cater to that market. The glory days of Ultima Online were based around PvP.

3. Balanced and fair gameplay.

G

galefan2004

1) more craftable gear that is actually worth maken and that would rival runic items . which could also add to the amount of resources or even a compination of exsisting ones .
I would rather see decent loot drop from hard to kill monsters. Its a little harder to kill paragon balrons and ancient wyrms then it is to turn in bods 1000 times.

2) more quest .. now before you all freak not a quest system u have to do but one u could ellect to do . the one thing i hear people say is best about uo is the freedom it gives you to develope a char as you want . i dont know if any of you have actually did the few quest availible to new toons , but i like to see a system where u could actually quest your toon to gm or even 120 ( much like w0w) .if given the choice of beating a golem for a week or questing for a week i think ill do the quest.
I love this idea as long as its not make 10 items 1000 times like Heartwood "quests".

3) software added such as punkbuster ... i know nobody wants a game lookin at their pc , im not a pro on punkbuster but i have played with it before as many of u probly have ( http://www.punkbuster.com/ a list of some of the games they patrol .) from what i understand the only imfo it gathers from u is nonpersonal , it just looks to see wht programs u have runnin and prevents u from starting flagged programs ( i know it isnt as simple as that but basicly)
NO! The player base has already stood up and said they would never play with Punk Buster. Most of them came up with some really good reasons. However, the real reason is that a vast majority of players script, have scripted, or will script. Most of them do not take it to an extreme and even fewer take it to a money making level, but they still use the programs that would be flagged. UO needs to just allow those programs to be used as long as they are not used excessively. If you don't like scripters in UO then simply don't support their sites or buy gold from them. They exist because the market does and the only way to stop them is to end the market.

4)a ingame map that can take the place of automap ...
This already exists in KR.

Now some stuff I would love to see...

A consentual only PvP system based around factions and order and chaos that rewards you with things like control of towns and the tools to allow those that own the town to remodel and place vendors at will if they control the town. It would also be nice if rival factions had the power to destroy these towns and if the town was destroyed by a rival faction then they would take it over.

Decent loot coming off of monsters instead of coming at the expense of those that could script the best or click the most through the bod system.

D

DuHast

NO! The player base has already stood up and said they would never play with Punk Buster. Most of them came up with some really good reasons. However, the real reason is that a vast majority of players script, have scripted, or will script. Most of them do not take it to an extreme and even fewer take it to a money making level, but they still use the programs that would be flagged. UO needs to just allow those programs to be used as long as they are not used excessively.

so if the register is full and i only take a dollar its not stealing? cheating is cheating wether it is to gain skill or make a livin . i dont agree with even the occasional cheater .

R

Repo

NO! The player base has already stood up and said they would never play with Punk Buster. Most of them came up with some really good reasons. However, the real reason is that a vast majority of players script, have scripted, or will script. Most of them do not take it to an extreme and even fewer take it to a money making level, but they still use the programs that would be flagged. UO needs to just allow those programs to be used as long as they are not used excessively.
so if the register is full and i only take a dollar its not stealing? cheating is cheating wether it is to gain skill or make a livin . i dont agree with even the occasional cheater .
While I understand what you're saying... this has to be a black or white issue. There's no grey area. Either you allow the activities, or you don't. "excessively" is a matter of opinion. Rules have to be able to be clearly defined, and referenced when being enforced.

J

Joyous2K

In game advertising. I think if Snickers pays for a candy bar to be made in game, then chefs should be able to make Snickers in game.

H

Hunters Moon

What I want from the Devs of UO:

1) I would for them to use the oceans of UO for something besides where water eles spawn and where skilled fishermen pull up sos's and leviathans. Perhaps give us what we were asking for....a pirate expansion?

2) Let the player create,somehow,customizable armor and weaponery. Not just in mods,but in looks also.

3) Speaking of customization,let us build our own ships(for the possible pirate expansion?). It would be a whole lot better than the ships we have available now. Long or short,dragon head or not....thats not much to choose from.

4)Create a type of trade or bartering system between the cities of Sosaria,where the players could earn points in a virtue maybe for doing this trade.

5)Something I have been asking for,for a while now....brewing please? Show some love to the players that would love to be able to do this in game. Think about it. If you added brewin,you could make Taste ID more viable.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM service at a level where a player who cheated was only safe until a player reported them.

It'll take a lot of work from different angles to effectively tackle cheating in UO. Now the housing changes are done, I want to see what's next. Hopefully a combination to tackle speeders in PvP, gold farmers and the BOD running scripts. Punkbuster would never have stopped the determined cheats who can write their own programs, it would probably have left us with less GM intervention (if that's possible lol) because they figured PB was taking care of the issues.

After that, some more love for Felucca, thieves, a look at the barding difficulty tables (so you don't have to have 120 skill just to work spawns that other classes handle much sooner). I can think of more still, but just fixing cheating would make UO 100% better to play in. The rest is icing on the cake :)

Wenchy

B

Belmarduk

A WORKING CLIENT SO I CAN PLAY AND ENJOY UO AGAIN PLEASE _ THANKYOU VERY MUCH _ SORRY IT LOOKS LIKE MY CAPSLOCK KEY STUCK _ HAVE A GOOD DAY / EVENING WHATEVER....

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy with things how they are.
Actually, I pretty much agree.

I just hope UO has a future and continues on for several more years. I'll settle for whatever bones EA/Mythic will toss me at this point.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats ****! I dont want a WoW clon questing till GM bad! Interesting Quests with good rewards ok! But not skilling in Quests or that you must do quests to get important advantages.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm actually fairly happy with UO the way it is save the scripters... if we could somehow police them better...

Also would be nice to have some sort of acountablility brought back to the game like the old system of taking heads of murderers ..... I know you can't do that now but some sort of system to better reward being "good" vs being bad

Also would like to breath life back into community things... Seers..... Miss that...... better events more in tune with the shard and the players.... again reward for doing "good" and punishment for being "evil".....

Some effort put into bringing the crafters some work again...... something that lets them once again interact with the public. I mentioned before it would be great to do away with the whole system of repair deeds and put some sort of "trade" bag down at each of the tailor/smith shops where one person could put their things in the bag...... click the craftsman they would like to do the work..... and then that person says Yeah or nay.... comes over and they can haggle a price or whatever person fixes the items in the bag but can't pick them up...... but they can even enhance the items if that's what is desired.. then both folk can "see" what is happening...... there is no Trade no silly deed..... the work is done by a crafter.... and both folk are happy..... go about their day..... also if the item/s break durring the enhancement proceedure then both parties should get the message about it.... I honestly don't think it would be THAT hard to incorperate such a system.... and it would put the crafter back into providing a service... it's safe.... No actual trade of items occur once someone puts their objects into the bag only that person can retrieve them.... And if they don't "choose" a craftsman within say 30 seconds... then they items placed into the bag go back into their pack..... sounds simple enough to me. Suggested this many times.

I would like to see more quests added that can be repeated..... hate all the quests that you can only do once... kinda irritating...... DO NOT want any quests to be a MUST do ...... NEVER want that.... Would be nice thought to have more to do with ingredients... and all..... added to the crafting system....

Would like the focus to return to the community..... to bringing folk together... somthing where working together means more than all this solo driven stuff. NO one should solo a peerless and NO One should solo a Dark Father...... EVER...

A

asparouh

I want UO to be a less item dependent game like it used to be pre AOS.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
only a few things...
1.NO SCRIPTERS!!!(i mean how long have we been askin?)
2.Better loot
3.no more lands, just better stuff in lands we have now
4. revamp ALL the monsters (a water ele should NOT go down in 2 hits)
5.give us some love devs not crap
6.Stop any and all offensive language, ive almost left because of it several time(we dont want WoW antics here!)

A

AesSedai

1) I would for them to use the oceans of UO for something besides where water eles spawn and where skilled fishermen pull up sos's and leviathans. Perhaps give us what we were asking for....a pirate expansion?
- Not possible unless KR/Gamebryo is only client, imo.

I know they have wanted to and have even started working on a pirates/ships/ocean expansion a time or more. The thing is, it is too complex/difficult/entire-Wombat-system-revamping-ly hard to pull off in the original client. Still they certainly have thought it potentially worthwhile before; and maybe they will again.

Good ideas. :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I'd like to see is
a) better graphics (or a bug-free KR client)
b) a new game engine

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
1. A more skill and less item based game. You should not meed mills of gp to RL money to be able to complete in the game.
Items should be easy to get but also easy lost to keep the crafters and the PvM's busy stocking vendors.
Item Insurance and most blessing should be removed from the game.

2. Vendor fee should be less the longer you get away from town, moongates and other hotspots.

3. Houses need to decrease in size, noone should be allowed to own a house in keep or castle size unless if only a small part os on the overland and the rest on a server like the dungeons serveres do it don't block the land.
Then we can make new servers with less land (no Malas) and split them in PvP and normal servers and force all to choose a new shard and their items in their house(s) will be stored in a moving crates in their bank.
When they place one house on their new server, the moving crates will be placed in the new house.
We should have fever shards than we have now so it will be easier to find other players away from towns and hotspots.

4. Now we need a trial server, with limit skills, land and items. Only one char slot and no houses on the trial server. When the player pay for his account, he can move his char to a real server.

6. And last, we need get the info about UO out to the game magazines and pages with invite to the trial server.