• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you use your runics on?

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I have a lot of runics that I've just been stockpiling thinking that I'm going to do something with them. I used up a lot of barbed runic kids on regular armor and have made some pretty decent stuff after enhancing but as far as runic hammers and the other runics I'm not sure what to use them for. I could sell them but crafting is where I have fun in this game, I don't really care about a profit or a loss for that matter, I just like trying different things.

So, what do you use your runics on? I remember I used to love valorite made katanas back around the AOS days and was thinking about trying my hand at reforging some katanas just for giggles.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't craft much at the moment, but I'm more likely to use a runic for reforging than conventional crafting, and typically to try to plug a hole in a suit that originated from replacing a crafted/reforged item with a loot item, to shift bonuses around (say, a looted piece gives me a lot better casting and regen bonuses, but makes a single resist drop below 70, I try to reforge or runic craft to get an item to replace another part of the suit that doesn't have some now-overcapped abilities, but has better resists. The opposite situation can occur as well, from replacing a piece to get more resists & less bonuses, then trying to make a complementary piece with not-as-good resists but with the bonuses you lost on the removed piece).

Doing this sort of thing allowed me to incorporate a Pendant of the Magi (a neck piece with no resists) into my Mystic/Mage/Weaver's suit, while keeping 2/4 casting, overcapped LRC & LMC, all-70s resists, and almost 30 MR. Each improvement via loot usually results in another piece elsewhere on the suit being crafted to re-optimize the suit - and sometimes crafting that piece allows you to attempt to replace another location with an even better item.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used bronze runic hammers to make my archer a 215 stamina suit. Only way i could make +10 Stamina pieces. I tried different tailor runics. Would always end up with brittle low durabilty pieces. Who wants a suit with 32 durability.