• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What do you think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gunga_Din

What most do not seem to get is that giveaways like this set precedence. Since this happened I know of two player run events where people are trying to ask event moderators to make items for them.

If you ask me, leave the items to the EMs and EM events...avoids any future confusion.
Who cares? What are you worried about? Let everyone running events or coming up with ideas ask. If they EM's believe its a worthwhile cause and worthy of their involvement, then let them help. I don't care if someone on Great Lakes holds and event and 10 people get a named hat saying they are staff. Like I said, when I saw the tunics, I thought it was a great idea to promote the festival. I wasnt thinking, oh no !! They can sell those for 500mil each and buy something , oh no !! They got something I can't get !! What should I do? Cry? Complain?

I guess some people just can't take it. They can't handle the fact that someone is holding an event and an item was generated they can't obtain or are so jealous they can't face it in UO. Life goes on, deal with it.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares? What are you worried about? Let everyone running events or coming up with ideas ask. If they EM's believe its a worthwhile cause and worthy of their involvement, then let them help. I don't care if someone on Great Lakes holds and event and 10 people get a named hat saying they are staff. Like I said, when I saw the tunics, I thought it was a great idea to promote the festival. I wasnt thinking, oh no !! They can sell those for 500mil each and buy something , oh no !! They got something I can't get !! What should I do? Cry? Complain?

I guess some people just can't take it. They can't handle the fact that someone is holding an event and an item was generated they can't obtain or are so jealous they can't face it in UO. Life goes on, deal with it.
No...that was not my point. I don't care about the items, I care about what those items represent to the simple minded player out there. Perhaps you forgot about the demise of the last EM program, I sure didn't. That was why I said what I did, with everyone in mind...not me.

rolleyes:

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suggestion, Mesanna....

Recently on Great Lakes we had a wedding, wherein the bride had a custom, EM-made wedding dress....That had a timer on it.

So it could not possibly become a rare to sell.

Leaving aside the question about how I personally feel about something that amounts to custom rares, it does create a perception problem. And that's almost as bad as a real problem.

So I'd suggest that you get around the problem the way the GL EMs did....Put a timer on the item. You can support player events and not create a new rare, both at the same time.

-Galen's player

This is a great suggestion and I wished I had thought of it myself. All items we give to players to promote their events will have timers on them, if I could get all those surcoats back I would put timers on them also.

A

A Rev

That was a good suggestion but

Could you ensure any items i get in the future are uniquely hued and able to be cut up into uniquely coloured cloth thereby enabling me to make uniquely colored clothing??

[Joke]

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright, gentlemen and ladies - everything that needed to be said has been said and mostly in a constructive manner. The matter seems to be resolved now. Locking the thread.

Thank you Mesanna for sharing your thoughts and listening to the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.