• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) What do you think of the new forums?

What do you think of the forums?

• I like them better than the old forums.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I like the old forums better.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I neither like nor dislike the new forums.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • What was the question again?

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can also post what you like, dislike, or suggestions for the new forums.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure. There's things that are better and things I dislike a bit. I'm going to wait a few weeks before deciding properly.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still getting used to it to be fair. Can't really judge yet.

I am however missing the "new posts" option. I know there is the "Whats new" button, but I wish it showed what section the post is found in. It does say under the title but this could do with being a bit bigger. Before it was much easier to see what section a post was made in.

Apart from that all seems ok. Not liking the white text on black much though.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can change that if ya want to, Syrus posted above, how to change it.
While I liked the black as spiffy, my eyeballs are OLD, lol so I went back to UO default beigey. :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;) I voted as what was the question again ? :)

So far so good, but yeh still getting used to it, and learning it.
Some things I like with this new stuff more, some things I may miss, too soon to tell, of the old forums, that we had. And on this particular computer, ie my older one, on DIAL UP, it goes lots faster, lickity split faster, with this new set up yeh even on old school dial up.
I haven't tried it on my speedier connected highspeed wifi thingies, on my WIN 7 yet. :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Still getting used to it to be fair. Can't really judge yet.

I am however missing the "new posts" option. I know there is the "Whats new" button, but I wish it showed what section the post is found in. It does say under the title but this could do with being a bit bigger. Before it was much easier to see what section a post was made in.

Apart from that all seems ok. Not liking the white text on black much though.
If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of any page, there is a link to change themes. See:

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I like it. It seems a lot more robust. Since it's such new software, I'm sure the team will be working on all the bells and whistles as they pop-up or get added.

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The skin is ugly as hell. I hate this everything is dark crap... it's like the internet is turning into a pretentious vampire larp group.

Switched the theme, a bit better. Don't like avatars next to posts.